Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Having the fake family forced to live together look radically difference from each other reinforces that theme.

If they were supposed to be a real family and the dev made them different races then that would be forced diversity.

It's supposed to be sinister and jarring.... don't mistake me for some progressive cheerleader, forced diversity is definitely a thing in a lot of movies nowadays, but this is not a good example.
I got mixed feelings on that one.

Interracial has been pushed onto so many games over the past couple of years, it is hard not to see it as forced diversity in this one as well. I mean that, in the way that it has become so common now, it is virtually impossible to see it any other way at this point.

I can kinda see some logic in your statement, but as far as I remember, this was never really discussed in the game either. I could be wrong though, since I kinda lost interest after a while.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
I can understand the frustration of the current patreons, I was one of his myself back when it was still CMA. We all know the rules of engagement with Patreon (you support without any tangible return guaranteed), but its absolutely not okay what he did to them.

And on a more general level it is sad that our pervy community loses such such a talented Dev. All things considered, he did deliver regularly high quality content and did not get too much money back in return (compared to less talented graphic designers/bigger liars) and I have very fond memories of CMA.

he will be missed... thanks for everything, theGary.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Damn I like this game
I think I'm down to about twenty games on here that I actually play

I don't think I'm going to start any new ones for a while tbh
Because I just get Disapointed when they get abandoned

hamada

Oct 17, 2017
Hey THL, I know you're really mad at TheGary but he still gave us a great game with cure the addiction. I know you resent him and that you followed him a lot. I too would have liked to know the sequel to The patriarch but here he decided to choose another path. I understand that the fact that he hasn't given any news can make you angry, but don't forget that he released a piece of jewelry for us called cure my addiction.
I understand your disappointment but maybe one day he will come back :)

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Hey THL, I know you're really mad at TheGary but he still gave us a great game with cure the addiction. I know you resent him and that you followed him a lot. I too would have liked to know the sequel to The patriarch but here he decided to choose another path. I understand that the fact that he hasn't given any news can make you angry, but don't forget that he released a piece of jewelry for us called cure my addiction.
I understand your disappointment but maybe one day he will come back :)
I've been his beta tester since the first island trip in CMA.
That's about when I started writing events too for the game. You might remember Good to go or 3 envelopes. And they were followed by many more, including some in Patriarch.
I was more than a patron, or so I thought until he disappeared without a word for 6 months. So yes I'm pissed. So much for "internet friend".
It's OK, there are a lot of interesting games out there, that deserve my attention and my money. I'll recommend Between Two Worlds, Isabella, Games of Hearts and Leaving DNA. Have fun you all, and thank you for following the game(s) all this time. Its making was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
there are a lot of interesting games out there, that deserve my attention and my money. I'll recommend Between Two Worlds, Isabella, Games of Hearts and Leaving DNA. Have fun you all, and thank you for following the game(s) all this time.
https://f95zone.to/threads/between-two-worlds-ch-7-drooskati.86797/
https://f95zone.to/threads/isabella-dark-paths-ch-3-3-badtimetales.99680/
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-of-hearts-ch-1-sparkhg.159512/
https://f95zone.to/threads/leaving-dna-episodetwo-impious-monk.122582/

Edit : Removed the spoiler so that the links are easier to see.

Last edited:

goonslagoon

Jun 25, 2021
That's about when I started writing events too for the game. You might remember Good to go or 3 envelopes. And they were followed by many more, including some in Patriarch.
I was more than a patron, or so I thought until he disappeared without a word for 6 months. So yes I'm pissed. So much for "internet friend".
It's OK, there are a lot of interesting games out there, that deserve my attention and my money. I'll recommend Between Two Worlds, Isabella, Games of Hearts and Leaving DNA. Have fun you all, and thank you for following the game(s) all this time. Its making was a lot of fun.
Hey man, thanks for the work you've done, got to say you went way above what any regular supporter does. and if thegary owed anyone a heads up it was you.

sorasrevenge

Apr 7, 2021
I hope one day you are able to get back on track and make a game that rivals, or tops CMA. This game wasn't even in the same ball park. I was hyped when i heard you were making a new game after CMA, but when i played this, i was so disappointed.
And the fact you kinda vanished for 6 months with no words to your supporters is the scummiest shit you can do.
Like ThL said, takes like 10 seconds to give people a heads up. :FacePalm:

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Sorry to read this ...

Procrastinating uncomfortable decisions is human.
Not making a decision allows to keep things open for some more time : maybe the new job sucks and then it is good to have a group of patrons to return to. TheGary spent the last couple of years developing games for us. Abandoning the current project and writing a final post is a huge step in a new direction, breaking with the past. Such a final step is not easy ...

I am not a patreon, so I cannot judge the financial side, monthly billing, etc.

Anyway. Back in 2018 "Cure My Addiction" was the game which accidentially led me to f95zone. I really enjoyed playing CMA and The Patriarch (and many other games) and had a lot of fun.
So I say "Thank You" to TheGary, for all his creativity and work that brought us 2 beautiful games with unforgettable characters and Good Luck for his new job in a new country.
This would be my guess as well. He probably didn't want to end things. Abandoning the project is very final, not only for us, but him.
I know patreon doesn't exactly work like that, but I still feel bad for the supporters who kept subscribed without getting something in return..

Reactions: Anonimed and ThL

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
well,that sucks. I only played one part of CMA bc by the time I joined the zone it was already completed and i kinda thought it's too much grind to continue,but I loved the patriarch. Shame he didn't continue. Thanks ThL for providing info and advice on how to progress in this thread.

Reactions: darlic and ThL

TsubameHime

Oct 16, 2020
I'm stuck 'in the first day'

-'Mother' send 'Sisters' clean my room
-"trial" increase timber stock by 10. It's not hard. OK, next.
-Each Hour i check everything and found 'Mother' on her bed, in dining, bathroom, WC...

BUT at the end of the day i can go everywhere but i can't sleep or start dialogue with 'Mother' at 1st floor
the 'bedroom' at 'basement' is locked (sisters still in ?!)

If someone can say what i'm doing wrong, or if it's a bug.
If my save not work can i have a save from the start of day 2

Last thing, any possibility to make the text bigger or to change the color??! The Patriarch TEXT.jpg

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
I'm stuck 'in the first day'

-'Mother' send 'Sisters' clean my room
-"trial" increase timber stock by 10. It's not hard. OK, next.
-Each Hour i check everything and found 'Mother' on her bed, in dining, bathroom, WC...

BUT at the end of the day i can go everywhere but i can't sleep or start dialogue with 'Mother' at 1st floor
the 'bedroom' at 'basement' is locked (sisters still in ?!)

If someone can say what i'm doing wrong, or if it's a bug.
If my save not work can i have a save from the start of day 2

Last thing, any possibility to make the text bigger or to change the color??! View attachment 2859151
I tried your save. Nothing wrong, I can speak to Mother and move to the next step.
Probably your version of the game is corrupted. Download it again
And the screen looks like that with a proper version of the game, no need to change the color or font of the text
1692439723872.png

Reactions: Bobcool819

TsubameHime

Oct 16, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
I see why i was stuck from your sreenshoot. If i don't have the little portrait, i can't start the dialogue with 'Mother'.
Now i know where to click to start the dialogue that work.

I don't think my game is corrupted, it's more my PC, he's really old and, maybe, something not work correctly.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Damn, Cure My Addiction was one of the first VNs I played. I remember that shit when it was still in development. You're an OG, dude. Those were good times. Feels like VNs just aren't the same anymore. A lot of issues these days that just kind of kill my enthusiasm.

Reactions: ThL

taler

Oct 5, 2017
CMA is still one of my top games. To see him end the the project entirely is sad but... semi good news since that means I can now start playing this game instead of waiting for him to finish it heh.

DuchessYasmin

Jan 31, 2019
CMA is still one of my top games. To see him end the the project entirely is sad but... semi good news since that means I can now start playing this game instead of waiting for him to finish it heh.
the point where it stopped feels like the end of season 1 too

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Well played it, what a disappointment.

Worse than CMA in almost every way.

Started off very strong with a great prologue and some charismatic characters.

Then the sandbox starts. Just awful. Atrocious garbage of a sandbox that's even worse than CMA's. Prettier but less accessible hint system, repetitive scenes and garbage events with just 1 tiny difference where everything else is the same. Instead of just being able to pass the days quickly and get to the scenes, they decided to add a garbage grind system where you're forced to repeat content, and where you can game over if you just want to go to the new content instead of dreadfully repeating the same garbage over and over. Horrible.

The worst part is the characters and the writing. Aside from the initial group of 3 in the prologue with decent charisma the "house" characters are all garbage enigmatic cookie-cutter sex slaves with zero dimensions and nothing appealing about them. It was surprisingly terrible considering the excellent work that was done in the early CMA chapters (though by chapter 4/5 CMA had also fallen into bad writing as well).

Reactions: Samken and Freki17
Jul 21, 2021
I feel for you mate. This really isn’t right to behave like that towards your core community..

Reactions: ThL
3.70 star(s) 43 Votes