zerohope103

May 25, 2022
Wow i will definitly support you and even pay if your game goes into that direction i was hoping for something like that with her body become lewder like: permently bigger breast/ass, hair cut change, tanlines, dress up change and maybe piercing but didn't know you would do it! I hope the game will continue in that direction
I like the idea that you unlock cosmetic stuff as you unlock more of the recipes. This could also translate into changing the scenes slightly.

herpderpies

May 17, 2018
This is all in the planning stage, no art done at all, so it may change. But I imagine most things will be a "meter" but there will be key visual changes that will come along the way:
1. The Witch will permanently change hairstyle from something innocent to something a bit more stylish.
2. There will be a permanent breast enlargement that the Witch will have to deal with.
3. I imagine the witch will start exploiting her ass-ets at some point and start wearing a shorter skirt/tighter shirt
4. There will be costumes for specific events that require a certain corruption value to be worn. (For example I plan on an invisibility cloak that doesn't work on clothes, so you need to be naked in order for it to be fully invisible)

Hopefully that answers your question.
Do you have any thoughts yet on how extreme these body proportion changes will be? To be honest I'm a little disappointed to see "permanent" in front of breast enlargement. Its not like they're wicked small now, and not everyone is a fan of giant tits. I do get that that seems to be what the majority enjoy, so maybe its your preference or seems like a good artistic or business choice? But maybe an option to make it not too extreme, or to avoid it? Maybe toggleable? For those of us who are a little off put by giant tits. Or maybe you're only planning small changes and all this is for naught

Reactions: Froschkönig27

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I like the idea that you unlock cosmetic stuff as you unlock more of the recipes. This could also translate into changing the scenes slightly.
I believe that would require reworking the scene system to one that can account for variable accessories rather than just showing a scene

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
1. The Witch will permanently change hairstyle from something innocent to something a bit more stylish.
Forgot to add this earlier, but as a second/later change to hairstyle, could also try adding blonde highlights. I do recognize how this might be an issue with the pixelation, but this seems more subtle and less jarring than completely changing the hair color to blond. Food for thought!

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Do you have any thoughts yet on how extreme these body proportion changes will be? To be honest I'm a little disappointed to see "permanent" in front of breast enlargement. Its not like they're wicked small now, and not everyone is a fan of giant tits. I do get that that seems to be what the majority enjoy, so maybe its your preference or seems like a good artistic or business choice? But maybe an option to make it not too extreme, or to avoid it? Maybe toggleable? For those of us who are a little off put by giant tits. Or maybe you're only planning small changes and all this is for naught
Considering how the next/newer game intends to showcase progression, it is entirely possible that there might be more than one size change. How much of that is optional... couldn't say. But humorous complaints of back pain may necessitate a back strengthening potion for the final stages!!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PinkFuton

PinkFuton

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Like Vivi said, I don't want to have to draw lots of different versions of every scene so most scenes will be one-off and not repeatable events. But I could definitely see myself modifying a handful of repeatable scenes to include cosmetic changes.

My intention is for non-ridiculous big, so hopefully you won't find them extreme. I may flatten early game Witch's chest to make the difference more pronounced without having to add ridiculously huge tits.

The main reason it's "permanent" is that I don't want to get into a situation where I have to double my workload by having to draw a big-tit/small-tit variant of every scene. It's also worth remembering that while you will be playing as the main Witch, there will be other characters with breasts ranging from humongous to non-existent.
Forgot to add this earlier, but as a second/later change to hairstyle, could also try adding blonde highlights. I do recognize how this might be an issue with the pixelation, but this seems more subtle and less jarring than completely changing the hair color to blond. Food for thought!
I think I'll be keeping the Witch's hair the same colour. I only have so many pixels to work with, so keeping characters as distinct as possible is important and switching hair colour may confuse things.

Highlights I've messed with before for other characters but as you guessed, unfortunately they don't look good with my artstyle (it just looks like a pixelly mess).

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Like Vivi said, I don't want to have to draw lots of different versions of every scene so most scenes will be one-off and not repeatable events. But I could definitely see myself modifying a handful of repeatable scenes to include cosmetic changes.
What I actually meant was altering the scene viewer a bit in a way so it can account for variables to avoid exactly that. What I can think of is having those cosmetic elements with transparency, and they are visible only if those cosmetics were enabled beforehand. Would be good enough for things like nipple piercings I'd think.
But I can't say how hard would it be to alter the scene viewing sequence to enable that in the first place.

herpderpies

May 17, 2018

My intention is for non-ridiculous big, so hopefully you won't find them extreme. I may flatten early game Witch's chest to make the difference more pronounced without having to add ridiculously huge tits.

The main reason it's "permanent" is that I don't want to get into a situation where I have to double my workload by having to draw a big-tit/small-tit variant of every scene. It's also worth remembering that while you will be playing as the main Witch, there will be other characters with breasts ranging from humongous to non-existent.

I think I'll be keeping the Witch's hair the same colour. I only have so many pixels to work with, so keeping characters as distinct as possible is important and switching hair colour may confuse things.

Highlights I've messed with before for other characters but as you guessed, unfortunately they don't look good with my artstyle (it just looks like a pixelly mess).
I appreciate you taking the time to ask and to listen to people's opinions of this game. Hearing you say not ridiculous is a relief. It seems like every game has just back breaking, larger than a giant pumpkin, just insane tits, and frankly, it gets pretty old. Or is downright just off putting (to some of us at least). Shrinking the chest early game definitely seems like an good way to accentuate the change without having to go bazoonga big. Plus then there's content for the small tits lovers built right in.

I entirely respect you not wanting to double your work load. Frankly fuck that noise. It sounds like you have a pretty solid plan that will satisfy most people when it comes to this.

Reactions: Ponyboy451

azer84870

Jul 26, 2019
I don't know anything about video game development or pixel art but would it not be possible to find a way to make the creation of variations easier, such as dividing the bodies into several parts so that you only have to draw one part to create variations (example chest area to have variations in breast size)?

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I don't know anything about video game development or pixel art but would it not be possible to find a way to make the creation of variations easier, such as dividing the bodies into several parts so that you only have to draw one part to create variations (example chest area to have variations in breast size)?
breast physics would have to change with size, so either way you gotta redo every frame

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Could try Live2D, but dunno how that would interact with how the game handles the pixelation animation... plus, it ain't free. But if it is a single frame animation, prolly not easy to break up without looking like visual garbage.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
It seems like every game has just back breaking, larger than a giant pumpkin, just insane tits, and frankly, it gets pretty old. Or is downright just off putting (to some of us at least). Shrinking the chest early game definitely seems like an good way to accentuate the change without having to go bazoonga big. Plus then there's content for the small tits lovers built right in.
Not every pron game, but most people aren't exactly playing pron games with two hands for the plot... although putting even a little time into a game's plot is always a good idea, a game without any narrative is basically just solitaire. But yeah, I get it, different strokes for different folks (pardon the obvious masturbation pun!).

Beyond just graphical issues, having multiple breast sizes would also increase dialogue/written complexity. However, also easier to solve; can write code to apply modifier adjectives to written dialogue/descriptions, but also requires much more bug stomping so random code doesn't show up or wrong vocabulary chosen, etc.

herpderpies

May 17, 2018
Not every pron game, but most people aren't exactly playing pron games with two hands for the plot... although putting even a little time into a game's plot is always a good idea, a game without any narrative is basically just solitaire. But yeah, I get it, different strokes for different folks (pardon the obvious masturbation pun!).

Beyond just graphical issues, having multiple breast sizes would also increase dialogue/written complexity. However, also easier to solve; can write code to apply modifier adjectives to written dialogue/descriptions, but also requires much more bug stomping so random code doesn't show up or wrong vocabulary chosen, etc.

While I do agree that even just a little plot can go a long way, I was actually just arguing from a point of view of having more small tits too. Some people like more realistic sizes. I'd love to see the dynamic size system you describe, but it seems like the author has pretty soundly decided to stick to one size to minimize work on themselves, which I do get. Plus it'll probably see us getting updates more quickly!

Reactions: Noxxie and ViviX12

Rose_Lenses

Feb 25, 2023
ive gotten nearly every non secret ending (2 missing) and im in severe need of help on the holy potion does anyone know how to do it?

a_sign_of_life

Jan 16, 2023

as long as her breast make milk in some capacity lol.

I'm interested if Hogwarts Legacy is inspiring any ideas

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes