EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
I fixed the texts but I haven't worked on post processing yet. But I exported a test build to find what's missing or has a problem.
I'm sharing the exported file for anyone who's interested to help. I need some feedback on what are the bugs and what's different from the original. For example, the one thing I found was that the game isn't locking in 16:9 aspect ratio or at least I wasn't able to. Here's the Link.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
ill play test it at some point this week to see if i bump into any bugs :)

Reactions: killlerfish

cewa

May 9, 2018
I fixed the texts but I haven't worked on post processing yet. But I exported a test build to find what's missing or has a problem.
I'm sharing the exported file for anyone who's interested to help. I need some feedback on what are the bugs and what's different from the original. For example, the one thing I found was that the game isn't locking in 16:9 aspect ratio or at least I wasn't able to. Here's the Link.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Why are the lyrics to Never Gonna Give You Up stuck on the screen?

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
Yeah, that one was my idea. Sorry. :LOL:
Just ignore that one, I wasn't able to fix the overlap with other UI elements.
I just added that to show you I changed SOMETHING.
Anyway, I fixed the post-processing and I think everything should be done.

• Haha
Reactions: EthanB86

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
here is the second test file. I tweaked some stuff and changed the ahegao sound. I'm planning to do these small changes overall so when someone comes to fully develop the game it would be easier for them.
The only issue that I found was the aspect ratio problem, but it would be nice of you to test other parts for me.

Here's the new .

Reactions: lmaobruh223

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
Hey everyone.

Apologies for the radio silence. I had university exams and I'm also working on my own small game, so I haven't had the chance to continue working on the game :(

And a big thanks to GIMM for reaching out to the developer. If you need the source files I have, just let me know.

So I've been thinking about a little idea that might interest you. It's about making the scripts more expandable. So, when we want to add new content, it could be done simply by adding the animations and a few lines of code. Currently, it's all hard coded which means adding new stuff can take a lot of time.

Let me know your what you think.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Hey everyone.

Apologies for the radio silence. I had university exams and I'm also working on my own small game, so I haven't had the chance to continue working on the game :(

And a big thanks to GIMM for reaching out to the developer. If you need the source files I have, just let me know.

So I've been thinking about a little idea that might interest you. It's about making the scripts more expandable. So, when we want to add new content, it could be done simply by adding the animations and a few lines of code. Currently, it's all hard coded which means adding new stuff can take a lot of time.

Let me know your what you think.
ive got my own university exams for the next 4 or so weeks, but having easily implemented new content would be super nice (especially for people like me who aren't too experienced with coding) but as long as theres an instructions .txt that comes with it ill be fine lol. but either way it sounds good man :^)

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
ive got my own university exams for the next 4 or so weeks, but having easily implemented new content would be super nice (especially for people like me who aren't too experienced with coding) but as long as theres an instructions .txt that comes with it ill be fine lol. but either way it sounds good man :^)
unfortunately, making games isn't that easy. For instance, adding new content just for this game means coding the required combination of ingredients. Then, you need to incorporate a new book text and animation, adding animations for the result and sounds for it. If you're not experienced with unity, I suggest starting with the basics, which are really easy and can help improve your programming skills and experiment with what you learn which is the most fun part. after that you can look at other peoples work and modify it, and learn from it, which is a great way to learn new stuff.

But if you realy want to help develop the game, you could create animations or write a text file for a book and pass it to the developer.

And I hope you passed your university exams ;)

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
unfortunately, making games isn't that easy. For instance, adding new content just for this game means coding the required combination of ingredients. Then, you need to incorporate a new book text and animation, adding animations for the result and sounds for it. If you're not experienced with unity, I suggest starting with the basics, which are really easy and can help improve your programming skills and experiment with what you learn which is the most fun part. after that you can look at other peoples work and modify it, and learn from it, which is a great way to learn new stuff.

But if you realy want to help develop the game, you could create animations or write a text file for a book and pass it to the developer.

And I hope you passed your university exams ;)
ya i have absolutely no experience with unity and ive only just started to learn how to code in general lol, but yeah i can do the animation side of things much easier (and thankfully theres a lot of source material in this game already for me to try to emulate style), but either way this seems like a fun project for me to get into animation as ive only ever experimented with it once and to get me into coding with something a little more brain-teasing. and ty :) hope u passed urs too :D

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
Hey Eveyone

Just a quick update. I'm slowly cleaning up the scripts and have reprocessed some audio files. It's a subtle change, so you might not even notice it. Also, I've adjusted a few animations, for instance, the foot job camera was a little too far to the right.

And some good news, I've figured out how to add animations (I was‘nt sure before how it works) so if any of you have sprites that we could use for animations, feel free to send them for my, and I'll add them into the game.

That's about it for now. Goodbye :)

Last edited:

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Hey Eveyone

Just a quick update. I'm slowly cleaning up the scripts and have reprocessed some audio files. It's a subtle change, so you might not even notice it. Also, I've adjusted a few animations, for instance, the foot job camera was a little too far to the right.

And some news, I've figured out how to add animations (I was‘nt sure before how it works) so if any of you have sprites that we could use for animations, feel free to send them for my, and I'll add them into the game.

That's about it for now. Goodbye :)
o7

god's work.
ive got uni exams/projects due in the next month or so but after that i should have a lot of free time on my hands :devilish:

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes