Werewolfofthevale

May 21, 2024
Is there an archive of the download versions? I thought I'd try to update the Ginny mod, but after attemping to do so, seems like a lot of effort if I could just get the version the mod is compatible with in ther first place.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Is there an archive of the download versions? I thought I'd try to update the Ginny mod, but after attemping to do so, seems like a lot of effort if I could just get the version the mod is compatible with in ther first place.
not that im aware of. however i was working on making a few additions to the game myself (including some stuff with Ginny) and then my windows corrupted and i had to wipe my pc :D what a wonderful situation ive found myself in

Werewolfofthevale

May 21, 2024
not that im aware of. however i was working on making a few additions to the game myself (including some stuff with Ginny) and then my windows corrupted and i had to wipe my pc :D what a wonderful situation ive found myself in
That's a shitty situation man, hope you didn't lose anything important. I planned to just update the mod, but it's not as straight forward as i thought it was going to be. It's doable as far as im aware, but would probably take me longer than someone with experience doing these things might take. I was hoping just to get the old version as it's more work than i think it's worth doing for a couple of animations, i'd only really be foing it for the experiance so it's on the backburner for a rainy day or two.

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
That's a shitty situation man, hope you didn't lose anything important. I planned to just update the mod, but it's not as straight forward as i thought it was going to be. It's doable as far as im aware, but would probably take me longer than someone with experience doing these things might take. I was hoping just to get the old version as it's more work than i think it's worth doing for a couple of animations, i'd only really be foing it for the experiance so it's on the backburner for a rainy day or two.
yea its a bit of a pain in the ass to work on this game because of how it was compiled. killlerfish recompiled the game so the source files were readily accessibly iirc so maybe throw them a DM at some point to see if they still have the files (scroll up and youll see them talking about it, they might have even updated the Ginny mod already)

P.S. if i lost anything important from my old pc it wasnt important enough for me to notice in the past few weeks so im hoping im all good lmao

genocherv

Feb 7, 2021
Ginny mod is already updated.
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-potion-room-v0-50a-pinkfuton.85100/post-11697707
Also, I've made a small archive of all the oldder versions available:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-potion-room-v0-50a-pinkfuton.85100/post-12214454

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
Hi, I'm back!

I know it took a long time, and I didn’t update anyone, sorry :(

Anyway, here’s everything that’s been going on:
  • I changed the main script that handles the products and mixture.
  • I mentioned this before, but I also updated some of the sounds for the products.
  • Another thing I talked about earlier is the aspect ratio change. Now, you can resize the window to any size you want.
  • I also fixed the naming feature. You can set any name for the character, and it won't cause any bugs.
  • I added a feature where, if you stay idle for a minute, Hermione says random phrases. This was already implemented but hadn’t been turned on for some reason, so I just finished it up and activated it.
  • I fixed a lot of bugs that, while they weren’t apparent in the output, were still important to fix in the scripts.

So, I assume everything should be done within a month or two (at least I’ll be happy with the result). I just need to tweak some objects and clean up a few small scripts, and then I’ll send out the final version.

Here are some updates I might do in the future:
  • I’d like to make an Android version.
  • It would be nice to have a button to go back to the menu.
  • I want to fix the settings part that says “Coming Soon” when you try to change anything.
  • I want to create a separate story for Ginny. The idea is that you can select a character at the start, and there will be different puzzles for Hermione and Ginny. (This would be in a far future)

And lastly, as always, it would be great if anyone has new ideas. Even better, if anyone has new art we could add to the game to create new puzzles, that would be awesome. If you have any ideas or art to share, feel free to contact me I’d really appreciate it.

That’s everything for now. Bye :)

Last edited:

EthanB86

Jun 7, 2020
Hi, I'm back!

I know it took a long time, and I didn’t update anyone, sorry :(

Anyway, here’s everything that’s been going on:
  • I changed the main script that handles the products and mixture.
  • I mentioned this before, but I also updated some of the sounds for the products.
  • Another thing I talked about earlier is the aspect ratio change. Now, you can resize the window to any size you want.
  • I also fixed the naming feature. You can set any name for the character, and it won't cause any bugs.
  • I added a feature where, if you stay idle for a minute, Hermione says random phrases. This was already implemented but hadn’t been turned on for some reason, so I just finished it up and activated it.
  • I fixed a lot of bugs that, while they weren’t apparent in the output, were still important to fix in the scripts.

So, I assume everything should be done within a month (at least I’ll be happy with the result). I just need to tweak some objects and clean up a few small scripts, and then I’ll send out the final version.

Here are some updates I might do in the future:
  • I’d like to make an Android version.
  • It would be nice to have a button to go back to the menu.
  • I want to fix the settings part that says “Coming Soon” when you try to change anything.
  • I want to create a separate story for Ginny. The idea is that you can select a character at the start, and there will be different puzzles for Hermione and Ginny. (This would be in a far future)

And lastly, as always, it would be great if anyone has new ideas. Even better, if anyone has new art we could add to the game to create new puzzles, that would be awesome. If you have any ideas or art to share, feel free to contact me I’d really appreciate it.

That’s everything for now. Bye :)
blud is cooking

• Haha
Reactions: killlerfish

GIMM

Feb 12, 2018
Right so I'm gonna update this for anyone here, I'm trying to gather help to continue on Pinkfuton's plans, After the update that never came was launched, he was going to work on a game that's not exactly animated, mainly focused on multiple characters and a relationship system (not love), And I was going to help him, I've since decided to help continue on, incase he ever gets back to us.

GIMM

Feb 12, 2018
I sent both EthanB86 and Killerfish links to a private discord, If anyone else wants to help DM me.

killlerfish

Feb 22, 2024
So the talk about modding kinda got me thinking, the game Dev said they probably wont be adding in persistent transformations, i figured id add them myself lol!

so eat your heart out because thats exactly what i wanted too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I also added in the failed cauldron effects, the Ahegao, flying cumshot, masurbation, and expansion effects. But i was only able to replace the existing textures, not create anything new, so right from the start of the game you will be Ginny and any effects i didn't add will revert back to Hermione, for example i haven't created one for the bimbo potion.

To install this mod download the attached sharedassets0.zip, extract and replace it with the one under \gameroot\The Potion Room_Data

And if anyone wants to try their hand at modding in their own textures download the UABE tool

Use it to open the resources.assets file in the game data file (same place you replaced the other assets file at) a window will pop up saying it doesnt recognize the version, just scroll to the bottom and select the last 2019build, and then you should see a list of all the assets in the game. I filter by name first, then filter by type to find the Texture2D files. once you select a file you want to click the plugins button on the side if you want to export the file, or if you want to replace it.

Replacing is super easy, once you click plugins, just hit the edit button and in the window that pops up click "load" at the bottom, then add the edited sprite you want. After that just click ok and from there you can file>save the new assets file right to your data folder. (make a backup of sharedassets0.assets first as you cant write to the same file you have opened)

honestly the UABE tool kinda sucks for extracting so i used the Unity Asset Studio as its much easier for finding and extracting the sprites you want to edit.

Also since this will obviously break on the next update i will attach a zip with the sprites that i edited so they should theoretically be able to be added to any future version so long and the Dev doesn't rename them or change them in any way.

[EDIT 07Aug2021:] Updated mod for v0.30. I've fixed a few very small issues i had with the sprites being inconsistent between scenes and also added two of the new scenes. Death Eater BJ and the Floo scene. Remember to install the mod just extract the assets file from the zip and replace it over the one in the data folder.
The mod Ginny Assets.zip file are just the raw sprites if anyone would like to do anything with them, or if i stop updating you can use them to patch a future version yourself.
Hey boiisay, I was wondering if you're interested in making new art for the game. It would be awesome!

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes