VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Primaries [v0.07] [JoJoBrady]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I feel like the main story goes down on the shounen manga route. Main character is essentially useless in a fight still, despite having an OP power, aside from a few extreme situations, the "let me prove my worth" line during the Dea fight, and the fact that after she tried to kill him, she's supposed to become a sort of mentor, which I guess will be automatic non-player choice.

Normdk

Jul 27, 2020
I enjoy the humor a great deal.
The inner voice adds a great deal to the game, and the entire long scene with Dea and all the quirky comments made the whole scene a much enjoyed part.

The body proportions doesnt bother me, I find it easy on the eyes and if it is easier to draw this way, Im way up for keeping that style vs slowing down production while trying to be more natural.

All in all, thank you for great joy.
There a few times where dialog seems to be labeld the wrong person, I didnt keep track on it, but that is all the negative I could find really.

Oh - Isabella does come off a tad strong on first impression, much like a sex offender or predator.
She is a lot more pleasent and enjoyable in the bath scene and sleep over - but first time she had this whole "I use people and I dont care that I force them to be my toys" vibe on her.
Some find that sexy I recon, but I kinda hoped MC would have called her out on it, to make her stop her corruption on Carter.

Thank you for the update, and have fun :)

Reactions: rdsxn
Jan 7, 2019
Hey JoJoBrady do we have to do anything with Carter or Isabella or can we avoid all content with them because i hate forced toys or forced anything without a choice to stop that i can't stand Isabella but don't need to turn Carter into her sex toy.

Reactions: jinxw1

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Isabella is still really pissing me off, Carter is my fav but the way Isabella is always around her trying to fuck her is annoying me

Reactions: jinxw1 and rdsxn

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Me: "yeah this will probably be skippingly quick" (pun intended)

3ish hours later.....

Me:

1611098343718.png

ChaosJokerX

Nov 14, 2018
Great update, can't wait for 3some with bella and carter. And some love for Alice and doc. Keep the good work

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
Wow, where do I start with this one? I like the premise, I like (most of) the characters, and was really invested in the game pretty much right from the beginning.

Then Isabella shows up. Now, I don't mind the fact that she's in the game, even if I personally don't much care for her. But then the MC starts egging her on when I personally just wanted to tell her to fuck off. I went from heavily invested to nearly ragequitting and deleting the game with that one scene. And I'm pretty much totally turned off from Isabella at this point, no matter what happens with her in the future.

Personally, I'd have had a far less negative reaction if there was a choice in how the MC deals with her. I understand that many (or even most) other players might not feel the same as I do, but when my reaction to a character is THAT negative, I feel it's worth making sure that the developer is aware.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Just download it since noon and half way through the game, I must say I'm impressed with this game. It was a very fun game with lot of sexy moment and comedy the meme worthy and the story was enjoyable with every characters that have interesting personality and backstory
You really reminding me of El Tanque- the game Dev of Paradise beach is that both of you have a very good games but didn't have any Patreon or any site to gain money and supporters, truly interesting JoJoBrady and I'll bookmarking this game and can't wait to see more updates from you in the future

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Isabella is still really pissing me off, Carter is my fav but the way Isabella is always around her trying to fuck her is annoying me
Oh - Isabella does come off a tad strong on first impression, much like a sex offender or predator.
She is a lot more pleasent and enjoyable in the bath scene and sleep over - but first time she had this whole "I use people and I dont care that I force them to be my toys" vibe on her.
Some find that sexy I recon, but I kinda hoped MC would have called her out on it, to make her stop her corruption on Carter.

Thank you for the update, and have fun :)
Agreed! At first I thought she was a cuties pie with freckles that I would have like but then she's kissing Carter right in front of him, clearly showing that she want to take her away...yet he's blushing instead of be pissed that his love was being stolen. Hopefully we could intefere and force her into our harem in the future updates
At the same time I'm kinda pissed with Carter too, she's kick MC in the balls because of that bitch. This is just abuses
Edit: After playing a bit more, I think Isabella just come out awkward and be a horny princess, she was great in the hot spring though.

Last edited:

Slipher209

Sep 18, 2017
This was a pleasant surprise, I'm looking forward to following along and seeing further updates! I should've guessed that this would be chocked full of Jojo references from just from the developer's name, but once the initial shock wore off I think it struck a good balance between send up and parody. I've really enjoyed all of the cast so far with Alice, Isabella, and Luna as the standouts for my interests. Keep up the great work!
P.S: You got me when you introduced Alice's power name, should've been obvious but it managed to sneak by me.

JoJoBrady

Jul 8, 2020
Has anyone been able to run the Mac version? When I download the file, it's a folder rather than a .app "file". Adding the .app suffix does change it to a Ren'py .app, but it's unable to run, even with the workarounds I usually use.
Just so you know the mac version doesn't open
Hey, I've uploaded an Alternative version. Could you give it a try please?

Apologies but I can't really check the Mac versions so I'm not too sure what the problem is...

Thanks!

JoJoBrady

Jul 8, 2020
Hey everyone! Just here to touch on a few things!

First of all: I just want to say thank you for checking out the project and sharing your thoughts! Always makes me happy to see people enjoying it!

Second: A big point is being made about Isabella. Her character will be explained a bit more down the line but I do understand that not everyone is happy with her first few scenes. I probably could've handled her introduction better, so I am sorry if it left a bitter taste in your mouth. I tried to calm her down in 0.06 and will continue to do so going forward. I also might add an option to call her out in her introduction scene.

Third: Going forward, I can add a skip option or something similar for some lewd scenes.

Fourth: In regards to Patreon (a bit of exposition here so skip to the TL;DR if you're not feeling it).

I appreciate the interest! The reason I didn't initially start a Patreon was due to the fact that I was (and still am really) supposed to start working in a different country. But as most are aware, this whole global situation happened, thus my departure was postponed. Initially I was supposed to leave around July last year but that sure didn't happen so I decided to make my story. Essentially I wasn't (and still am not) sure what my schedule would look like with moving and work, so I didn't feel people should donate if they liked the project and then suddenly get hit with a hiatus early on.

I may start one but I'll make it clear now; please don't feel pressured to contribute if I do! I have a passion for this story so, money or no money, the story will continue regardless. I may also use it as a more suitable place for announcements and info updates but none of these will be pay-walled, so again, no stress! Getting involved and enjoying my project is already awesome!

TL;DR: Don't have a Patreon. Might start one. No info updates or announcements will be pay-walled so no stress!

Once again, thank you everyone for getting involved and have a great time until next time!

(P.S. Yeah, I think JoJo's is pretty okay :sneaky:)

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
JoJoBrady

Regarding Isabella, my issue with her wasn't so much her character itself (though admittedly she isn't my personal favorite). It was more a matter of how the MC reacted to her. The way her introduction scene played out, I was expecting a choice along the lines of "Intervene" or "Keep Watching," and I planned to choose to intervene. So when I find out that the MC in fact encourages things to continue (despite Carter showing no real signs of being into it), I seriously flipped out, and spent the rest of my time playing with a rather negative opinion of both the MC and Isabella. I'm happy to hear that you're considering adding the option to call her out, because the lack of that choice was really what soured me on her.

I hope I haven't come across as too overly negative about the game as a whole, because I really liked the rest of it. The main reason I wanted to give feedback was because I felt that one fairly small portion of the game was preventing me from enjoying the rest of the game as much as I would have otherwise. Thank you for sharing your game and I am looking forward to the next update.

TheFallacyGuy

Oct 16, 2017
Second: A big point is being made about Isabella. Her character will be explained a bit more down the line but I do understand that not everyone is happy with her first few scenes. I probably could've handled her introduction better, so I am sorry if it left a bitter taste in your mouth. I tried to calm her down in 0.06 and will continue to do so going forward. I also might add an option to call her out in her introduction scene.
Firstly, I just wanna say, I don't particularly see the problem with the Isabella scene. I've read the responses of it, and I honestly don't see it being as serious as the detractors suggest. I don't see any intend to steal Carter away from the MC, if anything, she wants both parts to be involved, and she would love it if the MC and Carter were more intimately together. In a way she seems to be kind of a wingman-with-benefits to me. Moreover, the MC's reaction of helping Isabella getting closer to Carter seems fairly consistent with the whole "let's all get together" attitude that he exudes. Isabella seems to be nothing more than a girl who wants to have a good time, and I think some people are overreacting a bit to a woman flirting with another woman in a harem game.
However, I think you need to change it... for your own sanity if nothing else. This was also the main debate for the previous update, and it likely will be for the next one as well. There are some really nice things about this game. It's honestly one of the few games where I can be bothered to download and follow each update. But if you don't change this one scene, this will be the thing people are going to be talking about forever. I'm a big believer in creators making the game they want to make, and if this was for something very substantial and hard to fix issue, I would just give you the old "ignore the haters, do what you want", but if people have this big a negative reaction to a fairly short and relatively inconsequential scene, then maybe it's for the best to do something about it. It doesn't have to change the main story, you don't really have to retcon anything. Just give people a choice of how involved with the other girls Isabella becomes, and please don't water down her character going forward because of this.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes