Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
Damnit.... 100 favour points disappeared when I asked for pet play without having the chew toy. Now that I have the chew toy she says I don't have enough favour points. She freaking stole the lot of them the first time I asked. This has to be a bug.

skydyvr

Aug 29, 2018
Possible bug - got the portal defense statement from the book of knowledge (keeping the gate topped up) prior to opening the portal. Now, I've got a "research portal defense" questlog entry...

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
I love the princess model and always love a gobbo game, problem is I play on android and I cant move on the dungeon board, is there a setting or a keyboard I could use that I can call up on screen when I need it?

Reactions: FlyerReady

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Damnit.... 100 favour points disappeared when I asked for pet play without having the chew toy. Now that I have the chew toy she says I don't have enough favour points. She freaking stole the lot of them the first time I asked. This has to be a bug.
It is, sorry. It’s fixed in the next version.
if you know the console: irith.fp += 100 ;)

Reactions: boof59

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I love the princess model and always love a gobbo game, problem is I play on android and I cant move on the dungeon board, is there a setting or a keyboard I could use that I can call up on screen when I need it?
I have cursor keys and ijkl currently only. Wasn’t aware the game can be played at android. Could add a clickable direction cross in next update, is no big effort.

Reactions: Valronn

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Possible bug - got the portal defense statement from the book of knowledge (keeping the gate topped up) prior to opening the portal. Now, I've got a "research portal defense" questlog entry...
That shouldn’t block anything, it’s just not relevant in the log at this point. Will streamline that in next update.

Jul 23, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/900_GAME.rpy", line 28, in script call
    call navigate() from _call_navigate
  File "game/320_navigator.rpy", line 183, in script call
    call interact_room(_return[1]) from _call_interact_room_1
  File "game/330_interact_room.rpy", line 174, in script call
    call mg_chest() from _call_mg_chest
  File "game/600_minigames_misc.rpy", line 797, in script
    $ GAME.recipesFound.sort(key=lambda x: GAME.mc.tally[x[6]], reverse=True)
  File "game/600_minigames_misc.rpy", line 797, in <module>
  File "game/600_minigames_misc.rpy", line 797, in <lambda>
KeyError: u'RCPRingGold2'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/900_GAME.rpy", line 28, in script call
    call navigate() from _call_navigate
  File "game/320_navigator.rpy", line 183, in script call
    call interact_room(_return[1]) from _call_interact_room_1
  File "game/330_interact_room.rpy", line 174, in script call
    call mg_chest() from _call_mg_chest
  File "game/600_minigames_misc.rpy", line 797, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/600_minigames_misc.rpy", line 797, in <module>
  File "renpy/python.py", line 875, in do_mutation
    return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/600_minigames_misc.rpy", line 797, in <lambda>
KeyError: u'RCPRingGold2'

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Princess And The Tower 0.4.1a
Mon Jul  4 01:02:34 2022

Jul 23, 2021
In regards to the code error I posted, does anybody with some knowledge of code know how I might resolve this? The error only seems to occur when crafting certain items in the chest.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
In regards to the code error I posted, does anybody with some knowledge of code know how I might resolve this? The error only seems to occur when crafting certain items in the chest.
This looks to me like you continued from a savegame of an older version. Not all V0.4 savegames are compatible (my bad). V0.3x savegames are definitely incompatible.
I recommend to start another game.
If you want to skip the grind: Just select one of the new options I have in the menu if you start a new game.
That moves you direct to some future game state.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
This looks to me like you continued from a savegame of an older version. Not all V0.4 savegames are compatible (my bad). V0.3x savegames are definitely incompatible.
I recommend to start another game.
If you want to skip the grind: Just select one of the new options I have in the menu if you start a new game.
That moves you direct to some future game state.

If this WAS a new game in V0.4.1 pls let me know, then you might have found someth new.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I wonder if there's a story as to how this game has a near identical name and a similar chastity theme to Princess Tower by Euphemismus.
Haven’t played that but saw it after i started.
As to the name, that’s seen quite often (there’s even a childrens book called hat).
Anyway, was coincidental. Art is quite different and I will finish mine around November and then move on to a scifi game.

Reactions: Useraro
Jul 23, 2021
No, it was not from a new save for 0.4.1. I will give that a try, thanks for replying! Love the game by the way :) but I am wondering, is there a way to remove the weird film grain? I tried using reshade but none of the effects seemed to do it. Just a thoughy.

Last edited:

Sangria

Mar 21, 2018
At first glance I didn't like the princess model but after playing it now I love her. What is the easiest way to get more wines?

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Gameplay Difficulty Poll / Results

Here are the results of the open game play / grind / difficulty poll.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed.

Top requested items:

Rank 1: I want real action with Irith: 48%
Rank 2: Searching every room is tedious.: 16%
Rank 3: Bombs/Oil/Purple gems are too scarce: 10%

Surprisingly, 0% of partcipants thought (a) daily bathing routine grind or (b) guild payment grind is too much.
26% said, the amount of grind overall is about right for the reward.
What's next:

Items 2.) and 3.) are addressed with V0.5 (searchable supply chest, more placed gems in dungeon) released end of this week. Incidentally, bath routine can be delegated to Nyx from V0.5 as well.

Item 1.) feedback is a reason for me, to advance matters with Irith and not push this off to the endgame. In V0.5.1 end of July there will be (story compatible) first scene(s) and then expanded step by step to the next updates.

I hope above changes make the game a better experience.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
At first glance I didn't like the princess model but after playing it now I love her. What is the easiest way to get more wines?
Thx. I hope the dialogue helped with establishing some personality.

Wines can be made by crafting in the cellar : Purple gem + odd fruit
You need about 3 to advance the story (make sure to visit irith on the night of the day you gave her the wine, as she consumes it over night.

Fruits can be found by searching the rooms.

PS: Play 0.4.1. (in OP) as earlier versions may have some unfixed issues.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
No, it was not from a new save for 0.4.1. I will give that a try, thanks for replying! Love the game by the way :) but I am wondering, is there a way to remove the weird film grain? I tried using reshade but none of the effects seemed to do it. Just a thoughy.
Glad you like the game.

I make the complete game on a mac book without gpu, so my renders are quality limited. My next game will be on a new machine (if that ever leaves shanghai harbour...), but this game will stick with the resolution 1280 unfortunatly.
Maybe play it in a window and not blow it up to 32 inch ;)

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes