• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

You prefer:

• small updates every 2 weeks.

Votes: 191 9.9%
  • or one larger update once / month?

Votes: 1,745 90.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Haha I love how you made Mary into a mindless food zombie, that was hilarious. Also love the little patreon promotion you put in there.
Glad you enjoyed playing it. Any suggestions are always welcome.

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
Any way a real funny game to play.
Could someone give me a hint how to start events -"Counting Cheerleaders" and " I lost my camel " - may be I take somewhere a wrong decission before? :oops:Have no clue when and where? But lost anywhere my line in playing the game. :unsure:
screenshot0001.png screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
Those two are alternative dream scenes if you don't drink before sleeping.
Aaaaahaa Ok:D
Tnx so far. (y)
I think to remember I played that options through but the events are not shown as "done" eather.:geek:
So only ability to replay may be its from ....\game\images\*.webm and not from the goggle menu.

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
No, after_load is a special Ren'Py label like splashscreen, it's run every time the player loads a save. Drop a file like the attached in the game folder, or possibly just use the character progression variables directly in the gallery.
Hmm I used this file, it caused a loading error:

So delated it after.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

So delated it after.
That was an example to show the dev how to use the after_load label, not an actual functioning patch. I don't know how Renpy's replay functions work well enough to write one of those.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Aaaaahaa Ok:D
Tnx so far. (y)
I think to remember I played that options through but the events are not shown as "done" eather.:geek:
So only ability to replay may be its from ....\game\images\*.webm and not from the goggle menu.

Ya, I'm having a problem with Renpy.

You're supposed to only be able to view a sequence of scenes AFTER you've played them.
Works fine the first time you play, but if you load a saved game the saved data conflicts with the persistent game data in the game.

Not sure HOW to fix it right now, but I am working on it.

Anybody have any experience with this? Am using the REPLAY function in RENPY.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019

So delated it after.
Ya, me too. The solution ONLY works for a IMAGE gallery, like most games use.

Doesn't work for The Professor, because I wanted players to be able to replay an entire past sequence. Not just view an old image gallery.

Am using the REPLAY function in Renpy... but it doesn't seem to function that well.

I'm banging my head over it right now, but believe it not I can't seem to find a work around ANYWHERE.

Antwit

Dec 20, 2018
Ya, I'm having a problem with Renpy.

You're supposed to only be able to view a sequence of scenes AFTER you've played them.
Works fine the first time you play, but if you load a saved game the saved data conflicts with the persistent game data in the game.

Not sure HOW to fix it right now, but I am working on it.

Anybody have any experience with this? Am using the REPLAY function in RENPY.
The menu I postet as graphic shows itselves after playing the girls events + save and using the goggle sequence after that. The menu appears at the ending of the "goggle preview" as last screen from now on everytime I use the goggle preview.

Dec 25, 2019
I'm digging into this to try to learn more about Ren'Py. Can you describe exactly what the issue is? The replay didn't work initially for me since I loaded an old save. However, when I started a new game, the replay did work including after I restarted the program and loaded the original save. So are you just trying to fix up people loading saves from old versions, or is there a different issue?

Edit: Assuming that the only issue is you want it to work with old saves, couldn't you just do this?

textbutton "Movie night" action Replay("katie_mem_15", locked=katiepoints<14) text_size 16

I tested that and it seems to work for me. You'd have to get a little creative to deal with the exclusive dream sequences if you don't want people to see them in the replay menu if they made the other choice, but it seems better to show them there and maybe even bold them or something (presumably using renpy.seen_label() ) to show they were missed.

Last edited:

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I'm digging into this to try to learn more about Ren'Py. Can you describe exactly what the issue is? The replay didn't work initially for me since I loaded an old save. However, when I started a new game, the replay did work including after I restarted the program and loaded the original save. So are you just trying to fix up people loading saves from old versions, or is there a different issue?

Edit: Assuming that the only issue is you want it to work with old saves, couldn't you just do this?

textbutton "Movie night" action Replay("katie_mem_15", locked=katiepoints<14) text_size 16

I tested that and it seems to work for me. You'd have to get a little creative to deal with the exclusive dream sequences if you don't want people to see them in the replay menu if they made the other choice, but it seems better to show them there and maybe even bold them or something (presumably using renpy.seen_label() ) to show they were missed.

You're a genius! I'm going to try it out later tonight. Your solutions are always so... simple and elegant. You should see some of the goofy work arounds I've been trying. :rolleyes:

That's the second time you've helped me out, and it is GREATLY appreciated. Btw the other patch you sent me will be implemented in the next release, just didn't have time to include it in the last one.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Haha I love how you made Mary into a mindless food zombie, that was hilarious. Also love the little patreon promotion you put in there.
Thanks. I'm especially proud of MARY, I giggled & snikered like an idiot the entire time I was rendering the scenes.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Why is it that even though I turn down the volume to the minimum the animations still have sound? Is there any solution to this problem? Thanks.
After much head scratching, I think I've finally figured out the reason.

Some of the sounds are hard-coded into the .webm movie files and others are part of Renpy. So if you turn down the volume IN THE GAME it still plays the movie files at the volume your COMPUTER is set to?

Uhm... maybe. It at lease SOUNDS like a good answer :rolleyes:.

Give it a whirl & let me know?

BigJohn

Feb 28, 2017
Some of the sounds are hard-coded into the .webm movie files
I am quite positive that, since renpy allows you to easily open media files, there is possibility to either play the file with or without sound. It just probably needs some extra work.

Also, I do realize it is not an urgent issue, but it still is a thing I have noticed with probably all the renpy games. So please do not take this personally, I am honestly not picking on you.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You're a genius! I'm going to try it out later tonight. Your solutions are always so... simple and elegant. You should see some of the goofy work arounds I've been trying. :rolleyes:

That's the second time you've helped me out, and it is GREATLY appreciated. Btw the other patch you sent me will be implemented in the next release, just didn't have time to include it in the last one.
That works if you want the replays to be specific to a current save, which is probably right anyway given how they are presented as in-game rather than from the main menu. If you want to allow replays of things seen in other saves you'll need to use the persistent storage instead.

Dec 25, 2019

No worries. That computer science degree had to come in handy eventually. :D Feel free to ping me if you get hung up. I'm still a noob at Ren'Py, but I need the excuse to dig into it anyway.

I think you're confusing me with someone else though. I made the animated signature but I don't think I've sent you code before.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
I am quite positive that, since renpy allows you to easily open media files, there is possibility to either play the file with or without sound. It just probably needs some extra work.

Also, I do realize it is not an urgent issue, but it still is a thing I have noticed with probably all the renpy games. So please do not take this personally, I am honestly not picking on you.

Pick away dude, it's ALL about trying to make the game better. :)

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
No worries. That computer science degree had to come in handy eventually. :D Feel free to ping me if you get hung up. I'm still a noob at Ren'Py, but I need the excuse to dig into it anyway.

I think you're confusing me with someone else though. I made the animated signature but I don't think I've sent you code before.

I was. The plot loopholes were from
Alfius

But I still LOVE the sig, it's badass!!!

Reactions: Evil B. Monkey
3.60 star(s) 84 Votes