Budokai

Jul 16, 2017
I have a. Question, does the choice of drinks affects somehow what happens at the bar vents with your wife? I have tried full beer and full whisky routes with no changes, but in the image folder I have found images that I have not seen and I don't think it is because I need to repeat more the event....

Reactions: RRommel
May 19, 2020
I have a. Question, does the choice of drinks affects somehow what happens at the bar vents with your wife? I have tried full beer and full whisky routes with no changes, but in the image folder I have found images that I have not seen and I don't think it is because I need to repeat more the event....
Yes, they do actually. You need to do the right mix of beer and whisky so they're drunk, but not too drunk. I normally go for half and half - I don't remember if it's six drinks or five, but either 3 of each or 2 whiskey, 3 beer, and that gives you a new scene. Not sure what happens if you do other combinations.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Sorry guys, I'm sure it's somewhere in the thread but I searched for it and didn't find it. It says meet Lin in the bar on wednesdays but apart from the first time she's never there. Am I doing something wrong?

Shit, never mind, like one minute later I found the trigger for it.

Reactions: Deckmaster

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
dont like the idea that lisa is cucking the dad, hopefully that changes later on
As everything is optional I'm sure so is this part. Didn't see that part you mentioned so perhaps you need to work on the relationship level or corruption level before checking her out during breakfast or something like that. When she likes you enough I think it can be avoided and you get a different story with Lisa.

Reactions: mikel8519

meanguy

Dec 2, 2019
I really like where the game is going, however I'd keep a strong focus on the family relationships if I were the dev. I do not know if it's just me, but I find the rest way less interesting, with the only exception of the mature, classy lady. Nina, Lin and all other encounters do not thrill me much.

Reactions: zitadoxoto

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
As everything is optional I'm sure so is this part. Didn't see that part you mentioned so perhaps you need to work on the relationship level or corruption level before checking her out during breakfast or something like that. When she likes you enough I think it can be avoided and you get a different story with Lisa.
got high in both relationship and corruption, she keep flirting, dont mind you looking at her boobs, want you to touch her etc...but she also have the damn boyfriend, reacted "angry" to the boyfriend when I got the options tho

Reactions: mikel8519

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
got high in both relationship and corruption, she keep flirting, dont mind you looking at her boobs, want you to touch her etc...but she also have the damn boyfriend, reacted "angry" to the boyfriend when I got the options tho
Same. Maxed out everything. Boyfriend still shows up.

Reactions: Belnick

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
looking at savegame it say boyfriend 2, could i set that to 0 or 1 to disable the boyfriend?

jFrank000

May 2, 2020
When you are helping your wife with the dishes and she is wearing the red skirt and you drop something on the ground, the wife says to wait until later tonight. However is there another reaction you can get with this scene?

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Okay but is his wife ever gonna at least trim her fucking pubes?

Also, gonna have to disagree with the whole "focus on family relationships" thing because some of us (like me) aren't into incest, so without the other relationships, this is basically a game about a husband and wife trying to mend their marriage and that's it.

Xagrim

Game Developer
Nov 30, 2017
Shop don't work .. error
Full traceback:
File "routinen.rpyc", line 3088, in script
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/routinen.rpy", line 3320, in <module>
NameError: name 'SScars' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Promise TheBeginning0.58a
Sun Nov 22 04:32:52 2020
Full traceback:
File "routinen.rpyc", line 2379, in script
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
File "game/routinen.rpy", line 2379, in <module>
NameError: name 'FirstPromo' is not defined

While running game code:
File "game/routinen.rpy", line 2379, in <module>
NameError: name 'FirstPromo' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "D1shop.rpyc", line 23, in script
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "G:\Users\adam\Downloads\ThePromise-TheBeginning0.58a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "game/D1shop.rpy", line 28, in <module>
NameError: name 'AskJew' is not defined

While running game code:
File "game/D1shop.rpy", line 28, in <module>
NameError: name 'AskJew' is not defined
Thanks for reporting, do you try a other savegame? It seems that your savegame is destroyed.

i cant trigger jenny events, also getting error cinema and shop.. here is my save can anyone help?
Thanks for reporting, do you try a other savegame? It seems that your savegame is destroyed. Do you use mods/cheats?

the race at the pool is done ? i couldn't trigger it
Race? If you mean the canonball contest its not in itm.

Lin icon was at home yet when I went and bought food at the snack bar she was there taking my order.

Met Jill but couldn't get to her house from the park to help her exercise.

Some events are hard to find like going to the cinema on a certain day to met someone.
Thanks for reporting
When you are helping your wife with the dishes and she is wearing the red skirt and you drop something on the ground, the wife says to wait until later tonight. However is there another reaction you can get with this scene?
She means the sex at midnight. But these scene is not the end and will be updated.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There is a problem with the renders for Lisa in the dressing room. On several of the renders, her very red pubic hair is showing through the clothing. You probably need to "hide" the pubic hair layer when rendering these scenes to stop that from happening. It happens when she wears several outfits which are likely fitting her very tightly (at least on the model).

Reactions: Xagrim

Donmams

Feb 5, 2019
Sorry guys, I'm sure it's somewhere in the thread but I searched for it and didn't find it. It says meet Lin in the bar on wednesdays but apart from the first time she's never there. Am I doing something wrong?

Shit, never mind, like one minute later I found the trigger for it.
Can you tell how did you find the trigger?

3.10 star(s) 48 Votes