Lance231

Jan 6, 2018
So instead of correcting their bad habits and say that they are going to get their work ethic in order and start delivering the updates when they say they are going to update or learning that they are slow and put longer dates (putting a limit for themselves and giving the players a date to wait for) they're just going to stop telling us when they are supposed to give updates and now maybe sometimes we will get one? To me that will just hide their slow work progress, not correct it to avoid more delays. Like putting a rug over the problem instead of dealing with it.

Good idea about the Discord server though.

And hey at least we now know that the game is not dead, even if it got delayed AGAIN, cheers for small positive news i suppose?

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
I do agree that "not giving a release date to prevent disappointment" is the wrong course of action in this instance. We're talking about an update that was planned for December, and is now headed to February. If it's still only limited to a technical update, I think a lot of people will be upset. Not a Patron (yet) so I don't know if ALISHIA gave an exact reason for why it's delayed, but it might have been better to just release something now so people can see that it's still alive, rather than just being told.

Also, by not making a deadline, it just becomes easier to lie to yourself to not update it. If you fix a date, you have a date you have to reach, a date you have to make it in. That way, you can keep yourself accountable but others can as well, which can work in a motivating fashion.

I'm still really hyped for this game, so I hope this is just a blip in development due to personal or some technical reason.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Well I guess Alishia stopped working or lost interest in this.
Sure looks that way, 3 months with no update for a renpy game wth?
December is busy for everyone, so that hardly counts. And it's only been a week since ALISHIA said they won't set a deadline for fear of missing it. I wouldn't recommend being a patron (after Holy Slaves was abandoned I wouldn't recommend it no matter how frequent updates are for this) but I also wouldn't call it abandoned yet.

Reactions: iMagnor and rogosh

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
December is busy for everyone, so that hardly counts. And it's only been a week since ALISHIA said they won't set a deadline for fear of missing it. I wouldn't recommend being a patron (after Holy Slaves was abandoned I wouldn't recommend it no matter how frequent updates are for this) but I also wouldn't call it abandoned yet.
Take into consideration the fact that Alishia said back in November that they are planning for a December release. And we have received no new updates about the progress since.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Take into consideration the fact that Alishia said back in November that they are planning for a December release. And we have received no new updates about the progress since.
That is incorrect. We received an update at the end of January. Granted, it wasn't especially encouraging, and didn't give a date for the next release, but it was an update.

Reactions: Onysko

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
That was the end of November (the ETA patreon post was on the 30th) and we've had 2 progress updates since. The first, on Christmas Eve, rescheduled the release for January and mentioned what still needed to be done. There were scenes to be made so that there was actual content for people to play, location backgrounds to create, GUI menus to build, and coding character behavior that Alishia is having trouble with. Then there was the second update, one week ago today, saying that the new version isn't ready yet and after missing 2 deadlines Alishia isn't willing to commit to another deadline.

Reactions: volto and Onysko

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
@TheLecher @Tinman95

I stand corrected. Indeed, those updates weren't informative as they didn't really hint at the progress itself.
They did state in January what tasks are left, but not what tasks were done so far..? It makes it all seem a bit unreliable.

Lance231

Jan 6, 2018
The thing about releasing in early december (or at least saying it) is that first you need to work earlier (november), but its already february and still waiting, worse becuse now we dont even know when she is going to update, if at all (seeing the other game and the updates), but fingers crossed.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes