Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I mean, it says it right there...place them in the games folder....
Somehow i missed it, even though i suspected so. Anyway, thanks a lot for confirming it.

Incest Patch turns your landlady into your mom and your roommate into your sister.
Ok. Going to play it vanilla anyway, i guess. How relevant to the original story it can be kind of varies from game to game anyway.

freca

Jun 15, 2017
I give it until Saturday and then I'm officially calling "early May" as being over. And that's being a bit lenient with a 5 week month.

• Haha
Reactions: Thermophob

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Ok. Going to play it vanilla anyway, i guess. How relevant to the original story it can be kind of varies from game to game anyway.
It's actually pretty relevant to the story in this game, in my opinion. The story makes a lot more sense if you play it with the incest patch, since the story was originally created by Alishia and Elizabeth to include incest, then had to be changed because of Patreon censorship.

Here are two examples of how it makes more sense with the incest patch enabled.
  • MC and Sasha are identical twins in the incest version (except for their genitals, of course), which explains why their faces look exactly alike. In the unpatched game, they're just roommates, who happen to look exactly alike through unlikely coincidence.
  • With the incest patch enabled, the MC and her sister and mother go to live with their grandmother. This is feasible. In the unpatched game, the MC and her roommate and landlady all move in with a fourth unrelated woman. If the MC is moving out of her landlady's place, why would her landlady also move out? Let's say that the landlady lost her house due to a foreclosed mortgage. Okay, now everyone has to move. Why are all three of them (MC, roommate, and landlady) moving to the same house, which is not an apartment complex, and which is located in another city? Do they all like each other that much? Nope. The MC and her roommate don't really get along, and the roommate and the landlady don't really get along. And why is this random woman in another city opening her home to these three strangers?
Perhaps this is all explained perfectly well in the unpatched game. I wouldn't know, because I've only played it with the incest patch enabled. But even if there is a reasonable explanation given, it seems to me that the circumstances are much more believable when the game is played as it was originally envisioned by the creators.

I give it until Saturday and then I'm officially calling "early May" as being over. And that's being a bit lenient with a 5 week month.
Alishia stated on the Discord server that she's still trying for early May, but she admits that she might not make it. She says that, if she misses the early May deadline, she'll temporarily suspend the subscription charges on Patreon, until the update is released, and will still try for a late May deadline.

Reactions: RHFlash

LeHenry

Jul 21, 2018
so, what exactly is holding her up, im curious.. is it rendering, or writing, coding, so many factors..

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
It's actually pretty relevant to the story in this game, in my opinion. The story makes a lot more sense if you play it with the incest patch, since the story was originally created by Alishia and Elizabeth to include incest, then had to be changed because of Patreon censorship.

Here are two examples of how it makes more sense with the incest patch enabled.
  • MC and Sasha are identical twins in the incest version (except for their genitals, of course), which explains why their faces look exactly alike. In the unpatched game, they're just roommates, who happen to look exactly alike through unlikely coincidence.
  • With the incest patch enabled, the MC and her sister and mother go to live with their grandmother. This is feasible. In the unpatched game, the MC and her roommate and landlady all move in with a fourth unrelated woman. If the MC is moving out of her landlady's place, why would her landlady also move out? Let's say that the landlady lost her house due to a foreclosed mortgage. Okay, now everyone has to move. Why are all three of them (MC, roommate, and landlady) moving to the same house, which is not an apartment complex, and which is located in another city? Do they all like each other that much? Nope. The MC and her roommate don't really get along, and the roommate and the landlady don't really get along. And why is this random woman in another city opening her home to these three strangers?
Perhaps this is all explained perfectly well in the unpatched game. I wouldn't know, because I've only played it with the incest patch enabled. But even if there is a reasonable explanation given, it seems to me that the circumstances are much more believable when the game is played as it was originally envisioned by the creators.
From what you're saying the unpatched version is sounding like it might be Parental Love level of bad, in that the dialogue becomes weird-sounding and more cringeworthy without the incest, due to how haphazardly the tweaks might have been done. You make a good case for getting the patch to spare my poor brain cells. ;)

Reactions: RHFlash

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I'm wondering if they were ever working on more content this whole time or did they just start working on new content only when the made that poll I'm betting on the latter which would explain why there isn't an update ready yet as there was no content ready.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
so, what exactly is holding her up, im curious.. is it rendering, or writing, coding, so many factors..
From what she has said, it's the coding which gives her problems, especially coding locations and travel between locations. And, since the update calls for multiple new locations, and (supposedly) the ability to travel between them with at least some degree of freedom (to make the game more of a sandbox), this has supposedly been very time consuming for her.

freca

Jun 15, 2017
From what she has said, it's the coding which gives her problems, especially coding locations and travel between locations. And, since the update calls for multiple new locations, and (supposedly) the ability to travel between them with at least some degree of freedom (to make the game more of a sandbox), this has supposedly been very time consuming for her.
If it is that much trouble, or her skill set with coding isn't up to par for making that kind of game; I feel like she'd be better off just making a standard renpy novel story with multiple choices. I don't think anyone would care, when most people here just want a high quality story futa/trans game with amazing renders.

Reactions: Balbaar and RHFlash

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I don't think anyone would care, when most people here just want a high quality story futa/trans game with amazing renders
I agree with you, but still I'm excited for the more sandbox style gameplay. Hopefully there will be at least a few different routes in it too

Reactions: freca

LeHenry

Jul 21, 2018
Thank you for the information. I hope we'll get some sort of update soon, the premise is great!

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Imagine taking 7 months with broken promise after broken promise and delay after delay, and the excuse you come up with is that you don't know how to code. This bullshit does not pass the sniff test. Your wallets are being drained, folks.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Imagine taking 7 months with broken promise after broken promise and delay after delay, and the excuse you come up with is that you don't know how to code. This bullshit does not pass the sniff test. Your wallets are being drained, folks.
I agree.

But the Dev's supporters are patrons of their own volition and it's not really hurting anyone to do so (I am guessing) ... so, to each their own choices.

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
Judging by the pace the development of this game is at, I wouldn't be surprised if she abandons this one as well in the future. Which is a shame, because there aren't many games with the same concept around.

Reactions: OneWayMissile

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
If the coding is the problem, some of the money should go to...a coder, rather than a translator. I feel like plenty of people wouldn't mind doing a spellcheck for pennies or even for free, and translating is probably easier to do unprofessionally than coding.

Reactions: OneWayMissile
3.70 star(s) 71 Votes