fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Although I have no skin in the game, when I see the first post with a last update of 31/10/2018 and there is still little to no output from the Dev since then, it makes me wonder why the OnHold tag isn't being applied here. Maybe I don't understand its role, but it strikes me that people newly exposed to this game via the topic could see the good first installment and not catch how it all came grinding to a halt since last October, to set better expectations before they - for example - habitually go out to offer support via Patreon.

ICSTOR quite publicly went on holiday recently to refresh from years of workload and the OnHold tag was used soon after for the MILFy City game topic, so maybe it only applies when the Dev team explicitly announces a cessation of work due to whatever reason? If so, then the tag would appear to be inconsistently applied, because I didn't see that being used when MrDots' team took a month holiday earlier in the year.

Strikes me that as a step before "Abandoned" some sort of tag could alert viewers of the forum to an entry which has had minimal Dev love for at least 5 months or so.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
it makes me wonder why the OnHold tag isn't being applied here. Maybe I don't understand its role
@fried_ This Game doesn't have an "on hold" or "abandoned" tag because it is neither of those things. "Abandoned" means the game is no longer being worked on, and "on hold" means that the development of the game has stopped for a temporary amount of time with the intention to continue working on it later. Alisha has been consistently working on it throughout this entire time, it is just taking a very long time.

so maybe it only applies when the Dev team explicitly announces a cessation of work due to whatever reason?
That would be the only way to legitimately apply the "on hold" tag because that is the only way to definitively know if the developer is taking a break from the development or just taking a really long time. The abandoned tag though is different; we know can assume a developer has abandoned a product if they say they have, or we don't hear anything for them for a specific period of time (I think 3 months here).

The mods could put a "The updates of this game take a very long time" tag, but what would be the point because this: "Updated: 31/10/2018" is in the description.

Maybe I don't understand its role, but it strikes me that people newly exposed to this game via the topic could see the good first installment and not catch how it all came grinding to a halt since last October, to set better expectations before they - for example - habitually go out to offer support via Patreon.
Absolutely no offense to you intended, but I have no sympathy for these people. If they can't read the description of the thread, or any part of the thread where people are talking about the lack of game updates, and still donate expecting monthly releases, then they aren't the shiniest apples in the orchard and they don't deserve your concern.

I love this game, I don't think this game is a scam or anything (after all the development wait for HS <her first game> she released pictures to prove her progress), and Alishia is a really nice person and all that, but my excitement for this game is all but gone. I'm sure I'll get pumped when the update finally drops, but as of now, I've been waiting for so long I just can't even get excited for it anymore. I really hope she can manage 1.5 months releases after this next version as she's hoping, but 7 months to 1.5 months doesn't sound realistic to me. Again, I get it, some games take a long time to update, but keeping invested in a game that's been at 0.1 for 6 and a half months is not easy. I hope she either does a progress bar as I've stated before, or starts doing smaller updates. I'll end it on a positive note by reminding people that she's switched to "charge per update" on patreon, so that's something nice.

LeHenry

Jul 21, 2018
Idk if the next update doesn't have amazing content or 5 hours of good content the wait is not worth it.
you can do the good old "forget about the game for 2 years and return later IF it's finished.... or at least progressed somewhat, lol"

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
@fried_ ...
The mods could put a "The updates of this game take a very long time" tag, but what would be the point because this: "Updated: 31/10/2018" is in the description.

Absolutely no offense to you intended, but I have no sympathy for these people. If they can't read the description of the thread, or any part of the thread where people are talking about the lack of game updates, and still donate expecting monthly releases, then they aren't the shiniest apples in the orchard and they don't deserve your concern.
I agree, though given the frequency of misunderstandings I see concerning next release timeframes for even highly active games, it strikes me that this site's typical format makes it more challenging than necessary to help new visitors with understanding latest status (e.g., I rarely see indications of a next release timeframe in the first post) and/or people *are* rather uncurious and don't take much time to research before asking questions or making assumptions.

Essentially, I am speaking up a bit about process to help visitors at this site, as things could potentially be improved over time. This game's sluggish movement and endless debates on value to support vs Dev commitment are difficult to appreciate without reading multiple pages of a single topic - if we could somehow summarize some of this in tagging or some other set of meters, that would seem a worthwhile effort to standardize across entries (especially considering how often abandonments occur - it might even help to identify familiar patterns leading to those events sooner for potential supporters).

Just thinking out loud.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
@fried_ This Game doesn't have an "on hold" or "abandoned" tag because it is neither of those things. "Abandoned" means the game is no longer being worked on, and "on hold" means that the development of the game has stopped for a temporary amount of time with the intention to continue working on it later. Alisha has been consistently working on it throughout this entire time, it is just taking a very long time.
Proof?

I don't believe they have been working on this for a second, I saw the exact same pattern of events happen with their last game that got abandoned.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holy-slaves-v1-1-alishia.4453/

1 release, months of bullshit and delays and then abandoned.

What have we here, 1 release, months of bullshit and delays .... next comes the abandonment.

But you say they have been working on this the entire time and I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to see the work you have seen that they have done.

Feel free to post links here or even PM them to me if you want.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Sick burn.
I'm sick of waiting. I love this game a lot, but it's not fair to keep us waiting so long with update. If Alisha has problems with coding, it means she tries to do some complex open world grind game with random events. And it sucks.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
If they have been working on this the whole time then you would of already of had a update for what they have done so far instead of a another missed deadline. Me I think they started working on it after the polls were done and then started working on the winner scene from the polls.

@HoboCop86

That must be what the vampires from twilight eat everyday so that they sparkle so bright.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: King Monkey Mon

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Is Alishia saying anything on discord?
The last statement from Alishia on Discord was the one which I recently mentioned in this thread, that if she missed the early May deadline, she would suspend billing to her patrons, and would still attempt a late May release.

She hasn't said anything since then, but the subscriptions on her Patreon have been changed to "bill per update" until the next update is released.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes