smut

Jul 21, 2017
I've realized that to get this kind of game there needs to be a really skilled idealist with lots of spare time and money. It just doesn't pay to make anything like this and we'll probably never get any finished product in high quality from anyone. There's a reason 90% of games here are clones with a male teenage asshole fucking tons of impossibly willing women with very little plot. People are throwing money at that shit.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've realized that to get this kind of game there needs to be a really skilled idealist with lots of spare time and money. It just doesn't pay to make anything like this and we'll probably never get any finished product in high quality from anyone. There's a reason 90% of games here are clones with a male teenage asshole fucking tons of impossibly willing women with very little plot. People are throwing money at that shit.
They made quite a chunk of change from this and would have raked in quite big money had they bothered working on it.

It wasn't lack of interest or funds that caused them to abandon 2 games. Both games brought in a lot of people and would have brought in a lot more.

LordofEntropy

Down with Delta-G
Donor
May 8, 2017
They made quite a chunk of change from this and would have raked in quite big money had they bothered working on it.

It wasn't lack of interest or funds that caused them to abandon 2 games. Both games brought in a lot of people and would have brought in a lot more.
Yeah it's unfortunate. I remember when Holy Slaves came out and people were quite excited. Great renders, the content was pretty hot and there was a decent amount of it for a first release, and of course it was in a rather under-served genre. Then Alishia went dark and when they popped up again, seemed genuinely contrite and ready to move on with a new project. Too bad they did the same exact thing here, the seeds of a good thing were there.

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
The theme/story is quite unique and the renders are beyond beautiful and even if the game is abandoned I am truly grateful for what was given to us here. And who knows, one day, just one day... the project might be continued. Miracles do happen after all (sometimes)...

Reactions: OneWayMissile

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
The theme/story is quite unique and the renders are beyond beautiful and even if the game is abandoned I am truly grateful for what was given to us here. And who knows, one day, just one day... the project might be continued. Miracles do happen after all (sometimes)...
Not when you're talking about Alishia. It's more likely she'll start another game, just to abandon it afterwards. This isn't the first time this happened.

It's almost unfair, since there aren't many games in this genre with this good level of renders, or story line, etc. Most that are very good don't have a lot of renders like "Tales of Androgyny", "Lust Doll", etc, or simply get abandoned. Maybe some day a decent dev will actually make something great, instead of just baiting people who like this genre.

Last edited:

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
Not when you're talking about Alishia. It's more likely she'll start another game, just to abandon it afterwards. This isn't the first time this happened.

It's almost unfair, since there aren't many games in this genre with this good level of renders, or story line, etc. Most that are very good don't have a lot of renders like "Tales of Androgyny", "Lust Doll", etc, or simply get abandoned. Maybe some day a decent dev will actually make something great, instead of just baiting people who like this genre.
Truth be told, there was actually lot of unique content to play trough here. The "topic selection" was really stylish and well implemented/integrated (beautiful GUI). In some ways the game had a AAA quality feel. With such interesting content i.e. no VN competition to talk about there must be some reason that Alishia had to temporary stop the development. I don't think anyone would just abandon a creation this perfect. We must not give up hope.

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
Truth be told, there was actually lot of unique content to play trough here. The "topic selection" was really stylish and well implemented/integrated (beautiful GUI). In some ways the game had a AAA quality feel. With such interesting content i.e. no VN competition to talk about there must be some reason that Alishia had to temporary stop the development. I don't think anyone would just abandon a creation this perfect. We must not give up hope.
Mate, she already abandoned Holy Slaves, which was at the same level of quality, if not better. Of course I'd love to have these games finished, but it's not going to happen. There are people still giving her money and that's not enough for her to finish the game, there's no hope for anything anymore.

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
Mate, she already abandoned Holy Slaves, which was at the same level of quality, if not better. Of course I'd love to have these games finished, but it's not going to happen.
With great respect said, the first thing I did after had played trough The Red Room was downloading Holy Slaves. And for me it felt like I was teleported back in time (in a bad way). I did not at all get the amazing "Red Room" feeling (at all). Too much text and image jumping.

Simply put, after experiencing "The Red Room" I feel that Alishia should let Holy Slaves rest in peace. And lets not forget the edgy cool writing too. The Red Room really dared to cover so much topics no regular VN or game studio would touch.

Why I think we should keep the "flame of hope" is becouse Alishia has billing on pateron set on update. This technically means that she can (when her issues are resolved) continue the game development. And nowhere has she stated the project is abandoned.

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
With great respect said, the first thing I did after had played trough The Red Room was downloading Holy Slaves. And for me it felt like I was teleported back in time (in a bad way). I did not at all get the amazing "Red Room" feeling (at all). Too much text and image jumping.

Simply put, after experiencing "The Red Room" I feel that Alishia should let Holy Slaves rest in peace. And lets not forget the edgy cool writing too. The Red Room really dared to cover so much topics no regular VN or game studio would touch.

Why I think we should keep the "flame of hope" is becouse Alishia has billing on pateron set on update. This technically means that she can (when her issues are resolved) continue the game development. And nowhere has she stated the project is abandoned.
Ok, you can do whatever you want. There's a reason the tag is there and the developer has a history, but if you still want to keep hoping she will deliver the game one day, fine. People are even giving her money hoping the game will be finished.

If there's one thing that exists in bunches out there, is lazy developers who will just milk people with a promise. This is not the first one and not even the first time she has done it. Whether you liked her older games or not, it doesn't matter, that's not the point. There's a pattern here and you refuse to see it. You're new on the forum, so keep your hope for as long as you want, but I'm not holding my breath.

Avalonica

Oct 11, 2017
Ok, you can do whatever you want. There's a reason the tag is there and the developer has a history, but if you still want to keep hoping she will deliver the game one day, fine. People are even giving her money hoping the game will be finished.

If there's one thing that exists in bunches out there, is lazy developers who will just milk people with a promise. This is not the first one and not even the first time she has done it. Whether you liked her older games or not, it doesn't matter, that's not the point. There's a pattern here and you refuse to see it. You're new on the forum, so keep your hope for as long as you want, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yes, a part of me is a bit scared. There are some real nice gold nuggets here on F95 and far too many of them are [Abandoned] ::sigh::

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Avalonica

After 3 months of inactivity on here or on their patreon a game gets slapped with the abandoned tag by the site. The billing on update wasn't always like that as they just recently changed that after months and months of taking patrons money every month with nothing to show other then a render her and there every month. They stated months ago about a update that I doubt they ever even started and hours turned into days days turned into weeks weeks turned into months and still nothing after a year since the game was uploaded here.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
With such interesting content i.e. no VN competition to talk about there must be some reason that Alishia had to temporary stop the development.
"Had to" temporarily stop development? She didn't "have to" stop. If you assume (as I still do) that this was not a scam from the start, and if you accept some of Alishia's past statements about her problems, then what you have here is a developer who is very talented artistically, and is working with a talented writer (Elizabeth), but who lacks discipline, lacks initiative, does not have a strong work ethic, and who may or may not be burdened with crippling social anxiety. All of this adds up to someone who can't or won't achieve her potential, because she can't or won't deal with her character flaws and/or personal problems.

I don't think anyone would just abandon a creation this perfect. We must not give up hope.
I'd hardly call it perfect. "Tremendous potential" is more like it. Unfortunately, this gem of an idea was conceived by someone who has all of the talent needed to bring it to realization, but none of the diligence needed.

Would someone abandon such a creation? It certainly looks like she has.

Keep hoping if you want to, but be prepared to have your hopes disappointed.

Reactions: lo0u

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
Not trying to defend the dev or anything but from my experiece, people who have anxiety or some kind of mental health problems usually can't get themselves to complete a task or to devote fully to something. I'm no expert in the matter but I see why, if the dev says that they have certain preocupations, the probability of doing a monthly installment becomes almost zero. In my opinion, it would've been better if the dev didn't open a patreon in the first place and just released builds when they were done, but money though.

In the end they set themselves to the possibility of failing expectations and disappointing the Internet. Someday this project may get an update. I won't be expecting it but I will congratulate the dev if it does end up happening.

VampLena

Jun 19, 2019
I think its more a scam for the money, i mean a quick look at her Patreon and your greeted with this

"$1,017 of $2,500 per update (untill release of update) "

There is only so many ways to take that, she wants 2.5K to update her game? Really?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I think its more a scam for the money, i mean a quick look at her Patreon and your greeted with this

"$1,017 of $2,500 per update (untill release of update) "

There is only so many ways to take that, she wants 2.5K to update her game? Really?
You misread that. The amount which she currently has in pledges is $1,017. The pledges bill per update (until the release of the next update), meaning that she isn't making any money at all until she posts a new update. After she posts a new update, she will revert to the previous billing model of monthly billing for pledges. This has already been discussed at length in this thread.

If you had read more carefully, you would have seen that the place where she says "$1,017 of $2,500" is where she shows her benchmark goals. This is a common thing on Patreon. Users will set a goal, show how close they are to the goal, and then explain what happens when they hit the goal. In this case, once she hits $2,500 in pledges, she says that she will upgrade her video card and devote all of her time to working on the game.

So the points you raised in your post do not in any way make it more likely that she was running a scam.

Not that that helps, since we're unlikely to ever see another update to this game.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
After a few days over a year since the first version was launched I am sorry to see it may be gone for good. It sucks because it was the best futa protag game ive played and is one of the few games that incorporates sexy hairy women. its too bad that many of the comments are so toxic now, but i can understand the frustration people have. especialy given her long silence.

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
Apparently she contacted the admin of the Discord server in September (who's just a fan, doesn't work for them) that they're still working on it, but I have to admit that my patience's run out and I'm probably just gonna leave the discord and peace out.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
TheMagister

The admin from her discord or F95's discord? My guess is that they are working on something else that'll become their new gimmick and they'll abandon this one like holy slaves.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes