Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
By far the most disappointing adult game abandonment I've ever seen. On the bright side, according to graphtreon ( ), from the release of the Red Room 0.1 through the month of April (charge per update started in May I think) she "earned" $6,374. Let that be a lesson to you people, if you want to make an easy $6,000 over 7 months, just release a good looking Version 0.1, and then string people along with occasional renders. Just make sure to make excuses every couple months so some people sympathize with you, and then eventually just completely bail with your easy money. You only had to put in the effort to make one version with barely any content. R.I.P. The Red Room, and good luck with whatever non game creation things you're up to Alishia.
You could probably double those earnings, maybe more.

This is the second time they have released a 0.1 and kept people hanging on for months.

They will probably do it again and get away with it too, have you seen how many people defended them in this thread?

Months of waiting, already abandoned 1 project, people still claimed they were working on it. I'm taking bets now that if they do come back with another game, some people here will throw money at them straight away.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
Months of waiting, already abandoned 1 project, people still claimed they were working on it. I'm taking bets now that if they do come back with another game, some people here will throw money at them straight away.
I honestly thought that she had learned something after the cancelling of Holy Slaves. Even now it's hard to believe that someone with so much talent could screw things up so hard. But yeah, now there's no reason to believe she is ever going to complete a game. I hope the people who have been patiently following her games or supporting them are around if/when she releases another game to remind people that she's done this twice now.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
You could probably double those earnings, maybe more.

This is the second time they have released a 0.1 and kept people hanging on for months.

They will probably do it again and get away with it too, have you seen how many people defended them in this thread?

and this is the reason I'm glad I don't pay for a lot of these games (unless the creator is 1) attentive and actually talks with the fans, and 2) has proven themselves to be on top of making their game, and if they can't release an update on time, explains it to us and doesn't try to screw us over). It's why there's only a few creators I truly trust and would defend like DrPinkCake, GMGaming, and HopesGaming.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I honestly thought that she had learned something after the cancelling of Holy Slaves. Even now it's hard to believe that someone with so much talent could screw things up so hard. But yeah, now there's no reason to believe she is ever going to complete a game. I hope the people who have been patiently following her games or supporting them are around if/when she releases another game to remind people that she's done this twice now.
The problem is people don't want to listen.

Once the excuses started here we tried telling people they have done this before but they didn't want to hear it.

I get hoping for an update, they are incredibly talented I can't take that away from them but they are scummy people.

The biggest issue is the defence of these devs from their fan base with absolutely no evidence to back anything they said. The only thing they could do was post a pretty picture every now and then and spew the same excuses the devs used.

There is no talking to people like that and they will probably dive on the next game and do it all over again.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
By far the most disappointing adult game abandonment I've ever seen.
The abandonment which was most disappointing to me (by far) was Valiant Warrior Astrid, followed by The Humbling Experience in a distant second place, with Red Room following closely behind that in third place. So it cracks my top three most disappointing abandonments.

Once the excuses started here we tried telling people they have done this before but they didn't want to hear it.
While it is almost certainly true that some people want to be "hope-a-trons", and don't want to hear anything which contradicts their wishful thinking, I don't think it's a fair assumption that a developer with one abandoned V 0.1 game to their record is a hustler or a habitual game abandoner. While I do think it's ethically dubious at best to take money on the development of any game and then abandon that game in favor of a new project, at least without seeking the input of your supporters, it's not all that surprising. Many aspiring developers abandon their first project in favor of a new project, once they've gained some design savvy, technical skill, or have simply had what they think is a better idea.

As someone who has both defended and criticized Alishia in this thread (and elsewhere), I feel that I've been fairly objective on this topic. I came into this with my eyes open, fully aware that she had already abandoned her first attempt at a game, but not unduly troubled by that, since it's not that unusual. And I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt the first couple of times she made excuses about missed deadlines. Delays do happen. People do overestimate their own abilities or underestimate what is involved in the tasks they set themselves. And real life does interfere at times with less essential pursuits.

All of that being said, at this point, I've come to the only conclusion which seems at all defensible to me, which is that the developer is either entirely incompetent, incredibly lazy, or a shyster. But I don't think that those assumptions were objectively justified or fair at the point when the first (or even second) missed deadline happened. And I don't think that all of the people who continued to hope for the best for a few months are necessarily gullible starry-eyed dreamers.

There is no talking to people like that and they will probably dive on the next game and do it all over again.
Speaking for myself, there is no way that I will ever again give one penny of monetary support to any project of Alishia's unless both of the following conditions are met. 1. She completes Red Room. 2. She demonstrates the ability to turn out regular (or at least semi-regular) updates.

Reactions: RHFlash and Gexter

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
Well there's no point in following an abandoned game. So thank you to everyone who shared development news and kept the thread alive. I doubt that ALISHIA will ever see this message, however if you do, it's never too late to turn things around. You fans and supporters would come back if you released V 0.2 and made reasonable releases from then on (I would personally say every three months would be passable for a game update). Get better at communication; be more specific with your development progress. But I have no reason to believe you'll do any of these things. So, goodbye The Red Room thread. I hope one day I'll have a reason to come back.

udogu

May 20, 2019

I get hoping for an update, they are incredibly talented I can't take that away from them but they are scummy people.

The biggest issue is the defence of these devs from their fan base with absolutely no evidence to back anything they said. The only thing they could do was post a pretty picture every now and then and spew the same excuses the devs used.

No offense, but if it's not your money, it's not your problem.

If you feel the need to warn people that a dev has a habit of starting new projects but never following up, then do so, but after you've spoken your piece, let it go. It's not your responsibility to make sure other people don't waste their money.

Last edited:

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018

If you feel the need to warn people that a dev has a habit of starting new projects but never following up, then do so, but after you've spoken your peace, let it go. It's not your responsibility to make sure other people don't waste their money.
She can still pass any comment she wants to pass. She doesn't need anyone's approval to speak her mind.

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
I wonder if we will hear from Alishia as the final excuse and good bye comes crashing in first, or if we will simply see a brand new game appear in 12 months, with full Patreon funding open for the 0.1.

Reactions: freca

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

If you feel the need to warn people that a dev has a habit of starting new projects but never following up, then do so, but after you've spoken your peace, let it go. It's not your responsibility to make sure other people don't waste their money.
It's not a case of them wasting money, I don't know them, I don't care what they do with their funds.

I don't want to see scummy devs making money though.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Their next game is going to be the holy slaves red room. For me I doubt I would bother looking at another game from this DEV if they were to upload another one as we will already know what'll happen to it anyway. But if they do upload another game what the uploader can do is put in bright colors in the OP that this DEV doesn't complete their games download and play at your own risk.

My view might change if they upload a new update for this one.

udogu

May 20, 2019
It's not a case of them wasting money, I don't know them, I don't care what they do with their funds.

I don't want to see scummy devs making money though.
That's just the opposite side of the same coin. My point would still apply.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
Such an amazing game one of a kind no game can compare to this, only problem is the lazy dick head devs that come along with these game.:mad::cry:

Reactions: doku99

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Kayse_Baebe

Some content in the jail part I believe if I remember correctly it's been so long since I played this that it gets blurry trying to remember. But there isn't all that much content so it would be easier for you to play it once with normal content and then another time for the limited edition content. Just don't blink or you might miss some content as this is way smaller then holy slaves.

Carcosa_

May 14, 2019

People can care about others without being forced to do so. It's called sympathy.

3.70 star(s) 71 Votes