4.00 star(s) 45 Votes

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
Getting the feeling that we're not even discussing the same game in this thread..

Don't have to buy that much! Just shop once a day and buy a few things.
I've bought something every day for two weeks, including computer, chair and TV.

Just like with Diane, go to the photo studio, rent it, and ask her to come over.
Immediately after paying for the studio, am informed that I just wasted $300.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
Did you talk to him?
I've bought something every day for two weeks, including computer, chair and TV.

Immediately after paying for the studio, am informed that I just wasted $300.
If you bought something every day for two weeks, you would have 15 like points. If you had clicked small talk a few times, you would have even more.
You need 10 for him to sell you special items.

Did the quest log say someone was ready for a photoshoot?

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
Did you talk to him?

If you bought something every day for two weeks, you would have 15 like points. If you had clicked small talk a few times, you would have even more.
You need 10 for him to sell you special items.

Did the quest log say someone was ready for a photoshoot?
1. This must be broken, then. I could open my own store with the amount of purchases, and every time I click on the small talk button, his response is “I Don’t have anything to say now... Maybe come back later?” which doesn't sound like it's earning me any "like points."
2. Cecilia is never alone, so the subject doesn't come up. Having no idea how to progress her path, figured I might be able to phone her after renting the studio. No luck.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
1. This must be broken, then. I could open my own store with the amount of purchases, and every time I click on the small talk button, his response is “I Don’t have anything to say now... Maybe come back later?” which doesn't sound like it's earning me any "like points."
2. Cecilia is never alone, so the subject doesn't come up. Having no idea how to progress her path, figured I might be able to phone her after renting the studio. No luck.
1.Ok, after checking, the code, I think you managed to give Melvin all the answers he didn't like in the small talk, meaning you didn't earn like points, which in turn allowed me to notice a recent change made the "+1" when you buy something each time you come to the store stop working. So, thank you for that.

It's easy to check : just ask him "What do you think of our relationship ?" and see how many like and dislike points you get. If you have less than 10 like points, that's why you can't buy special goods. I fixed the +1 after purchase for next release.

All hope is not lost though, if you visit Melissa at the store several times, she ends up being delivered a ladder; and after you talk about it with her a few times, she'll tell you about her plans to use it at closing time, and if you visit at closing time after she tells you that, you'll find her knocked out.
Melvin will then approach you if you return to the store after that event, and you'll get to discuss his CCTV footage, and he'll tell you he's obsessed with Melissa, and you'll get 20 likes points. Then you'll be able to buy special goods...

2. If the quest log doesn't tell you "You can organize a photoshoot with...", it means you can't organize a photoshoot.
That's why Dom tells you "Are you sure you have a model to call ? Cause if you rent it for no reason, that's on you..." when you want to rent it.

As for Cecilia's path, to get her to accept the photoshoot (which she doesn't want to do):
-you need to visit the cafeteria in the afternoon and then ask Claire about opening hours.
-you need to ask Cecilia about Sam's job (so you need to send Sam on an errand, which is maybe still $200 in your version, I changed it to $50 since then but it's not in the public release yet) a bunch of times (alternatively, if you haven't asked for several days, you can ask her several times in a row.)
-when she asks you for help, ask for something in return, ask for a photoshoot.
-tell her you found a job opportunity
-tell her you were serious about the photoshoot.
-wait a few more days if you want the photoshoot not to be "just lingerie".
-Mc will tell you "I bet she'd be willing to accept a nude photoshoot now..." if you waited long enough.

Hope it helps.

tossler

Jul 1, 2017
1.Ok, after checking, the code, I think you managed to give Melvin all the answers he didn't like in the small talk, meaning you didn't earn like points, which in turn allowed me to notice a recent change made the "+1" when you buy something each time you come to the store stop working. So, thank you for that.

It's easy to check : just ask him "What do you think of our relationship ?" and see how many like and dislike points you get. If you have less than 10 like points, that's why you can't buy special goods. I fixed the +1 after purchase for next release.

All hope is not lost though, if you visit Melissa at the store several times, she ends up being delivered a ladder; and after you talk about it with her a few times, she'll tell you about her plans to use it at closing time, and if you visit at closing time after she tells you that, you'll find her knocked out.
Melvin will then approach you if you return to the store after that event, and you'll get to discuss his CCTV footage, and he'll tell you he's obsessed with Melissa, and you'll get 20 likes points. Then you'll be able to buy special goods...

2. If the quest log doesn't tell you "You can organize a photoshoot with...", it means you can't organize a photoshoot.
That's why Dom tells you "Are you sure you have a model to call ? Cause if you rent it for no reason, that's on you..." when you want to rent it.

As for Cecilia's path, to get her to accept the photoshoot (which she doesn't want to do):
-you need to visit the cafeteria in the afternoon and then ask Claire about opening hours.
-you need to ask Cecilia about Sam's job (so you need to send Sam on an errand, which is maybe still $200 in your version, I changed it to $50 since then but it's not in the public release yet) a bunch of times (alternatively, if you haven't asked for several days, you can ask her several times in a row.)
-when she asks you for help, ask for something in return, ask for a photoshoot.
-tell her you found a job opportunity
-tell her you were serious about the photoshoot.
-wait a few more days if you want the photoshoot not to be "just lingerie".
-Mc will tell you "I bet she'd be willing to accept a nude photoshoot now..." if you waited long enough.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the response. After I send Sam on an errand, asking about his job brings up the same "I should ask her when Sam is away" line. It's as if he never left the RV. Same with asking Cecilia about our relationship — she says "Let's talk about that another time ok..."

Are you saying that if I repeat this event over and over, the dialogues will start making sense? Because it reads as though I can't actually ask whether Sam found a job.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
Could you send me your save ? There may be a bug there, I'd like to check it out.
It sounds like the game doesn't update Sam's location, those are the dialogues when Sam is there. Try talking to Cecilia outside the RV.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
Hey guys, yeah sorry I'm not really talkative on here. These days I'm mostly working on improving the experience so that people are not stuck and don't miss content. As of today, my target for a release is around July 23rd.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Fantastic ... good speed with lovely babes and smooth renders ahead!
um ... any tips on what babes take a shine 4 us and what we can do with them so far?

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
I got it from f95. The file says "The_Regional_Manager-0.0.42-pc" and so does the main menu in the game.
EDIT my mistake, seems like I mixed things up. Thank you for uploading the file. There was a bug indeed, and I fixed it. Thanks for reporting it.

In the meantime, you can still talk to Cecilia outside the RV in the afternoon and ask her about Sam's job to get the quest to progress.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 45 Votes