4.00 star(s) 44 Votes

Threadnaught

Dec 23, 2022
My MC's karma is -100, and Audrey has never shot at him. Might be because I've never wasted time on MC being nice to any of the girls.
Nah, Audrey normally shoots MC at the end of the day if you've spent too much time abusing her specifically. It has nothing to do with being nice to anyone.

I usually get out of it by using a save editor and finding the variables that are labelled Audrey and Too Far. Setting them all to 0.

Reactions: CircaAD

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
Nah, Audrey normally shoots MC at the end of the day if you've spent too much time abusing her specifically. It has nothing to do with being nice to anyone.

I usually get out of it by using a save editor and finding the variables that are labelled Audrey and Too Far. Setting them all to 0.
There must be another variable. I've made her do the most degrading option every single time and I had no idea there was a branch where she shot the MC.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022

My experience is the same as talion777. My MC can be as mean as he like to Audrey and she still never shoot at him. Just tried to let MC spend a whole day doing nothing but being mean to Audrey and nothing happened.

Reactions: talion777

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
There must be another variable. I've made her do the most degrading option every single time and I had no idea there was a branch where she shot the MC.
My experience is the same as talion777. My MC can be as mean as he like to Audrey and she still never shoot at him. Just tried to let MC spend a whole day doing nothing but being mean to Audrey and nothing happened.
The Dev has said in the past that he made that ending hard to get... you guys are just too nice, she must know you don't really mean it :ROFLMAO:

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
Try replaying the drugged Audrey scene and using it to lower your Karma to 0 or -10. I swear that scene is cursed for me.
My MC's karma is already -100. I don't waste time trying to increase karma, or buy karma. Quite the opposite. The lower the karma gets, and the more mean MC can get, the better IMHO.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
My MC's karma is already -100. I don't waste time trying to increase karma, or buy karma. Quite the opposite. The lower the karma gets, and the more mean MC can get, the better IMHO.
that's not really how it works AFAIK... have you been cheating your stats by any chance? I think adjusting values doesn't really affect the game in ways you might expect, almost all the important events I'm aware of rely on story triggers/Flags.

talion777

Apr 5, 2022
I'm at -193 with Audrey, so I'm pretty confident that kharma alone isn't the defining feature. Maybe it's a balance. If you beat her down enough she has no self will, but if you let her retain some dignity then she steels her nerve and offs the MC.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
that's not really how it works AFAIK... have you been cheating your stats by any chance? I think adjusting values doesn't really affect the game in ways you might expect, almost all the important events I'm aware of rely on story triggers/Flags.
Nope. I haven't been cheating. Just been playing for a while. I'm currently at day 78, but nothing more to do at the moment, so haven't been playing for the last couple of weeks, except for testing the Audrey theory.

There are plenty of ways to loose karma, in this game. MC just have to be mean to the girls, and that is what I like about this game. It's different. You don't see many games where MC can be truly mean.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Nope. I haven't been cheating. Just been playing for a while. I'm currently at day 78, but nothing more to do at the moment, so haven't been playing for the last couple of weeks, except for testing the Audrey theory.

There are plenty of ways to loose karma, in this game. MC just have to be mean to the girls, and that is what I like about this game. It's different. You don't see many games where MC can be truly mean.
I know there are plenty of ways to lose karma dude, that's why we can buy it, Having Karma DOES NOT mean you are on the nice route, (it's more like protection against bad ends AFAIK). Maybe the Dev did something when he removed the 60 day block (originally the game was designed to end on day 60).

Hopefully HorizonticalS will see this and illuminate how this works now.

Threadnaught

Dec 23, 2022
Yeah, that's the point I'm making. I tried to get my karma lower so I could try accessing a scene a while back and Audrey was the easiest way to do that, so when I found my karma too high I'd just replay that scene and eventually get shot.

Threadnaught

Dec 23, 2022
To clarify, I don't know if there are any scenes that are karma gated.

I do know that until 0.171, it was supposedly possible to do Taylor's photoshoot before doing Claire's first photoshoot. Despite Claire's first photoshoot being referenced during Taylor's.

MasterGamer1234567890

Oct 25, 2022
I do know that until 0.171, it was supposedly possible to do Taylor's photoshoot before doing Claire's first photoshoot. Despite Claire's first photoshoot being referenced during Taylor's.
It probably still is, and there are more cases like this. Like the summer job quest, where MC shows a pic. from the very end of the Kelly locker room quest. Only issue is that the summer job quest can complete before you get to the point in the Kelly quest where MC takes the pic he shows in the summer job quest.

IMHO it's minor issues that is quite common for complex sandbox games like this one. Not something I would spend much time bitching about. I would rather the dev. spend his time on developing new content, than fixing those minor issues.

Threadnaught

Dec 23, 2022
I didn't bitch about it, I asked about the requirements to make sure I had the correct information while attempting to answer a question here. And said I was surprised it wasn't a requirement due to how it's alluded to in Taylor's shoot.

Threadnaught

Dec 23, 2022
We're not going to see any substantial update in March as initially projected, due to a family issue.
Assuming all goes well with his son from now onward, I'd guess sometime in May for an update.

Edit: This is not an official announcement, just speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: CircaAD and Stil996
4.00 star(s) 44 Votes