4.00 star(s) 45 Votes

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
I think there are some inconsistencies in the story, maybe because some actions with the girls are tied to the level of relationship or I don't know, but is weird, I was in the pool and waited until there were a few people to talk with Jessica, I did that multiple times until 9pm to see how much the conversations and relationship change, I never tried to make her use her phone while working, and when her shift end, the MC is in the changing room with her, she is mad and he tell that he will be stay there while she change, and she changes her swimsuit for one that shows more skin, that makes so sense because there was never a set up for that and it sure looks like something is missing.
Other moment would be with Cecilia, I found out that Sam is cheating her and tell her, I invite her to the RV and I have a option saying "About our affair" and then he start talking about they having sex again, when they never had sex.
And I think that we could find a lot of conversations and moments like that.
I suppose those "errors" are because some conversations can be spammed, like asking about what is the job of certain girl you will get always points, so you can "farm" like 80 just asking that or I don't know, because with Jessica I interacted many times but just in that day and I didn't got any points.
Thanks for pointing these out, don't hesitate (if you can spare the time) to save the game and send it to me either on here or discord to help me fix it.
It's mostly only dialogues that are tied to relationships. The events and references to events are based on flags. If Jessica ends up in the locker room the way you describe, it's most probably due to a missing jump and it's definitely not normal.
As for the "About our affair" dialogue option, it's probably another flag error on my part but this might be trickier to catch. Anyway, thanks again, but no worries, this is not due to "farming" points.

Reactions: CircaAD and Luckzor

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Noone seemed interested and it was a lot of work for a disappointing result, so yeah. But there are far more replayable scenes in the upcoming version with a cheat mode to unlock them all for those who don't like open world games.
There was a VN mode?? Been following this game from close to the beginning and I don't remember seeing that, I'm not asking for it's return BTW (I never choose VN's over Sandbox's), but I am kinda shocked to hear that it took much extra effort, I always assumed VN routes were fairly simple.
Though I suppose if you are doing multiple branches it could get real complicated, real quick o_O.

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
There was a VN mode?? Been following this game from close to the beginning and I don't remember seeing that, I'm not asking for it's return BTW (I never choose VN's over Sandbox's), but I am kinda shocked to hear that it took much extra effort, I always assumed VN routes were fairly simple.
Though I suppose if you are doing multiple branches it could get real complicated, real quick o_O.
Sandbox scripts are written like their own worlds. Within the scripts, there are instructions to link one sandbox scene to another, which are what the navigation buttons do in the game. To turn a sandbox into a VN, you'd have to go into each script to find those links and then remake them in a linear fashion in a single script. So say for example, there are 100 scenes in a sandbox game, in scene 1, you have the options to go to scene 50, 77, 95, and then in scene 50, you have the options to go to scene 2, 10, 20 and so on. So the correct order would be to go from scene 1, 50, 2. But most likely that is only one possible choice, otherwise you wouldn't have the option to go to scenes 77 and 95 at the beginning. So, do we go to 1, 50, 2 or 1, 77, 3?

This is already much more simplified because the scenes aren't numbered in the scripts. It's doable, but it's like trying to merge all the alternate universe into one. I tried it with this game and the Runaway Princess. It's nightmare.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
There was a VN option proposed by Alexy right at the beginning, but it was like 5 minutes long.

When you start from scratch, a VN is indeed much easier than an open world. But once you have an open world with some content, it's getting really complicated to turn it into a VN. Like BiggestDickest explained, it's just a nightmare, and it also just doesn't work, or needs a lot of rewriting.

I'll give you an example:
In the open world, you meet Claire when you visit Astoria, then later on, she tells you that she needs to hire someone in the afternoon/evening, then when you meet cecilia, when you ask her about a variety of subjects, she tells you that her Boyfriend is looking for a job. Then you can put two and two together and just tell her Claire is looking for someone, or go do something else and come back a few days later and make her accept a photoshoot.

In a VN, I can't just have Claire tell you right away that she needs someone, then have Cecilia tell you right away that Her boyfriend is looking for a job, and then reply that Claire is looking for someone right away or have MC come back to her later to tell her about the photoshoot. And do the same while visiting the 40+ characters of the game. It doesn't feel "natural" at all, and would need a lot a rewriting. So no more VN style for now.

soldano

Jan 29, 2018
Will there be new content from the fat boy and Andrea soon? (I think her name was Andrea. The thief who works with him at the warehouse).
I said it a long time ago, but I think Bobby deserves a blow job or something for the bad treatment he received during the time he was in love with her. And maybe she apologizes for having him all day with the blue balls. Bitch xd.

Reactions: Ryohky

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
Hi, I'm a bit stuck. Can't unlock Joey at the Clinic front desk (but I can see him after the dentist scene) and can't talk to Frank alone at the swimming pool.
I can't talk to the mayor about the pool rules either.

If someone is stuck with Natasha / Mayor, you must talk to Megan at the police station first and talk to the mayor about her.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
Hi, I'm a bit stuck. Can't unlock Joey at the Clinic front desk (but I can see him after the dentist scene) and can't talk to Frank alone at the swimming pool.

If someone is stuck with Natasha / Mayor, you must talk to Megan at the police station first and talk to the mayor about her.
Thanks for sharing your save. I'll look into it.

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020

For Joey:
Talk to Rachel "about our team" in your office , then ask her "Are we in a matrix ?".
You can then check Rachel's file in the archive as well for some additionnal information.
Joey should be there next time you visit the clinic.

For the mayor:
Have a few drinks with Leah and pick the "Get her ready" option a few times. It should unlock the pool rules dialogue with the mayor.

For Frank:
You can't talk to him at the pool, but you can invite him to come along when you tell Leah to follow you in the locker room.
Ask Andrea why she left the army until she shows you a picture. Go show that picture to Frank. Pick "He definitely did !"
Next time you and Frank follow leah in the locker room, there should be a new option.

Reactions: jojogeo

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
Thank you, sometimes I skip options in the dialogues.

For the mayor: I got Leah ready a lot (already wears the skimpy 2 swimsuit). Did it one more time and the quest appeared. Is there a hidden condition ?

Everytime I start a new game I block on something different.
Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: HorizonticalS

HorizonticalS

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2020
For the mayor: I got Leah ready a lot (already wears the skimpy 2 swimsuit). Did it one more time and the quest appeared. Is there a hidden condition ?
The conditions for the dialogue to appear are to get Leah ready at least 5 times (that's probably a bit too much...), and to have progressed with the Natasha arc past the point where you see her breasts.

Will there be new content from the fat boy and Andrea soon? (I think her name was Andrea. The thief who works with him at the warehouse).
I said it a long time ago, but I think Bobby deserves a blow job or something for the bad treatment he received during the time he was in love with her. And maybe she apologizes for having him all day with the blue balls. Bitch xd.
Not a blow job (yet) but there's a little something that's in the works (it won't be in the upcoming public release this friday though)
bobbyandrea.jpg

4.00 star(s) 45 Votes