Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
I’m doing great the gym’s still closed though and I haven’t gotten my haircut in months so I look like a absolute mess but on the bright side I got both of my vaccines.
Hi Pooploser ^_^

Glad to hear you're doing well in general. Though, sorry to hear about the gym situation. I think I hurt my back a little when I was exercising at home, so I had to take things a bit slower there for a while. As for haircuts ... haven't had one in a long while XD

Haven't played this, but I'm surprised it has no 'slave' tag based on its description. Catching people, training them, selling them. Seems like pretty cut and dry slavery.
Hi AtotehZ ^_^

That does make a lot of sense. I'm not 100% sure how this forum works (only found out a few months back about being able to report a game update). In general I try to not manage this thread too much, as I don't want to step on anyone's toes (sometimes people need a good place to vent about a game and that is tougher when the developer is around), but it's a good point about the tag :)

Cool it got the slave tag!
Yay! Thanks Pooploser for sorting that out :D

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Pooploser ^_^

Glad to hear you're doing well in general. Though, sorry to hear about the gym situation. I think I hurt my back a little when I was exercising at home, so I had to take things a bit slower there for a while. As for haircuts ... haven't had one in a long while XD

Hi AtotehZ ^_^

That does make a lot of sense. I'm not 100% sure how this forum works (only found out a few months back about being able to report a game update). In general I try to not manage this thread too much, as I don't want to step on anyone's toes (sometimes people need a good place to vent about a game and that is tougher when the developer is around), but it's a good point about the tag :)

Yay! Thanks Pooploser for sorting that out :D
Another matter is that you can get a game developer tag if you're the developer of this game.

Just go here.
Title it "Developer of The Repurposing Center" or similar.
Link to the game
Tell them you're contacting them about a game dev tag and that you're the developer.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jpmaggers

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
The desc of the internal balls mod said:

"... will still require the user to have either a penis or a properly configured strap-on to properly output that cum."

Is there any ways to actually "properly configure" the strap-on so the PC can impregnate while not having a penis but wear strap-on, have internal balls, and is virile?

BTW, there still alot of <<if>> bad token errors, usually stemming from improper bracket pairing. The last I encounter is in "Date Villin Start Herm Sex" passage, but there's a lot more passages have the same error. One of Davis Fainting Goat Bar passages also has this.

Last edited:

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
The desc of the internal balls mod said:

"... will still require the user to have either a penis or a properly configured strap-on to properly output that cum."

Is there any ways to actually "properly configure" the strap-on so the PC can impregnate while not having a penis but wear strap-on, have internal balls, and is virile?

BTW, there still alot of <<if>> bad token errors, usually stemming from improper bracket pairing. The last I encounter is in "Date Villin Start Herm Sex" passage, but there's a lot more passages have the same error. One of Davis Fainting Goat Bar passages also has this.
Hi n1ck ^_^

Currently, in-game there isn't a way to properly configure the strap-on so the player can impregnate with the strap-on. I originally meant to wrap that up with my plans for the pregnancy job, but, will make a note and try and get it sorted for you within either the current build or the one afterwards :)

On the matter of broken <<if>> statement errors, that's sadly a result of me making some major changes to the game over the past few updates to properly add chastity to the game. It sadly required me to add a huge amount of code into the game across many scenes, and as a result there are a number of bugs. I have, however, been steadily fixing all of these when they are brought to my attention.

I think I've fixed the Villin one now, but will look over it again and Davis's interactions at the Fainting Goat Bar, see if they still need attention. Thank you for the bug report ^_^

Reactions: Pooploser64

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
I went back to the few bug fixes I made to the v0.4.18a. The still unresolved <<if>> bug is in "Agent Davis Ask Him To Borrow A Key Card" passage, 4th paragraph, "After a deep swig of his beer, ..."

The are minor issues with v0.4.18a which are still found in the latest version:
Code:
:: Date Villin Ride
(4th paragraph)
<span class="female">"So very hot!"</span>, you comment, ...

did you mean:
<span class="player">"So very hot!"</span>, you comment, ...

:: Travel Back Meet Rachel Second
(6th paragraph)
... doing this all backwards. Mines $firstName"</span> ...

did you mean:
... doing this all backwards. Mine's $firstName"</span> ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
I went back to the few bug fixes I made to the v0.4.18a. The still unresolved <<if>> bug is in "Agent Davis Ask Him To Borrow A Key Card" passage, 4th paragraph, "After a deep swig of his beer, ..."

The are minor issues with v0.4.18a which are still found in the latest version:
Code:
:: Date Villin Ride
(4th paragraph)
<span class="female">"So very hot!"</span>, you comment, ...

did you mean:
<span class="player">"So very hot!"</span>, you comment, ...

:: Travel Back Meet Rachel Second
(6th paragraph)
... doing this all backwards. Mines $firstName"</span> ...

did you mean:
... doing this all backwards. Mine's $firstName"</span> ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi again ^_^

Thank you for the extra bug report, I'll get to work on them all later tonight. They look like they should be easy enough to fix :D

As for the matter with all the code being mashed together. Sadly, when compiling Twine games, any line spacing becomes spacing within the actual game. So, to make the game look readable to the player, I have to mush all that code together like that. Recently I've started using more comments within that to serve as some level of separation (even though it all is still packed together), and if you look at the Javascript of the game you'll see that I code in a more normal way there.

Hope that explains the matter, and thanks again :)

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
As for the matter with all the code being mashed together. Sadly, when compiling Twine games, any line spacing becomes spacing within the actual game. So, to make the game look readable to the player, I have to mush all that code together like that.
Well that sucks.... I'm just glad I don't have to code it....

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
Well that sucks.... I'm just glad I don't have to code it....
Hi Pooploser ^_^

Don't worry, it's not as bad as it sounds, especially when you get used to it. Generally I code the whole thing out normally, then truncate it down afterwards to deal with the spacing/formatting issues. It works for the most part, and doesn't lengthen my work schedule too much.

It probably does add in more bugs to the game than I like to think though XD

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
As for the matter with all the code being mashed together. Sadly, when compiling Twine games, any line spacing becomes spacing within the actual game. So, to make the game look readable to the player, I have to mush all that code together like that. Recently I've started using more comments within that to serve as some level of separation (even though it all is still packed together), and if you look at the Javascript of the game you'll see that I code in a more normal way there.
That's odd. I've decompiled and recompiled many sugarcube games before, even starting from scratch, using sugarcube v2.29 up to the latest, and it always retain the formatting. Is it because I use Tweego to (de)compile?

As for spacing, I don't have any problems with them so long I don't forget to use backslashes. For real game example, see the source for freecities and the company, the codes are so neatly formatted but don't have problems with spacing when displayed to players.

Last edited:

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
That's odd. I've decompiled and recompiled many sugarcube games before, even starting from scratch, using sugarcube v2.29 up to the latest, and it always retain the formatting. Is it because I use Tweego to (de)compile?

As for spacing, I don't have any problems with them so long I don't forget to use backslashes. For real game example, see the source for freecities and the company, the codes are so neatly formatted but don't have problems with spacing when displayed to players.
Hi again ^_^

The best I can do is show you an example, so;

Code:
Test Example
<<set _potato = true>>
<<set _monkey = false>>
TBD
Makes the result;

Screenshot(1).png

It's far more pronounced though when you begin messing around with lots of code like nested IF statements, but I ran something simple as an example of how code keeps spacing.

Not sure if it's a Tweego thing though that helps you get around these issues, as this is how things compile in the Twine development program on the Twine site and I've never played around with Tweego.

Still, an interesting conversation for sure :)

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Hi again ^_^

The best I can do is show you an example, so;

Code:
Test Example
<<set _potato = true>>
<<set _monkey = false>>
TBD
Try this instead:
Code:
Test Example \
<<set _potato = true>>\
<<set _monkey = false>>\
TBD
If you notice the differemce from the original code is I added backslashes at the end of each lines. The backslashes are "line continuation" operator, so as far as the game engine concern, those 4 lines are just 1 line seperated into 4 parts, and will treated as if you write it this way:
Code:
Test Example <<set _potato = true>><<set _monkey = false>>TBD
IDK the actual editor you're using. It may very well be the editor is automatically strip ending backslashes before sending them to the compiler.

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
Try this instead:
Code:
Test Example \
<<set _potato = true>>\
<<set _monkey = false>>\
TBD
If you notice the differemce from the original code is I added backslashes at the end of each lines. The backslashes are "line continuation" operator, so as far as the game engine concern, those 4 lines are just 1 line seperated into 4 parts, and will treated as if you write it this way:
Code:
Test Example <<set _potato = true>><<set _monkey = false>>TBD
IDK the actual editor you're using. It may very well be the editor is automatically strip ending backslashes before sending them to the compiler.
Hi again ^_^

That is really neat. As mentioned in the follow-up private message I sent you, that isn't something I've seen before, but it looks very useful. It's probably because my programming experience was mostly with Java / Php (and other web back-end languages) / Visual Basic that I've never seen the use of a backslash to remove spacing in code.

That or my tutors were just being unhelpful ;)

Thanks again for the insight into a new helpful technique. I can't promise I'll go back through my code to update it as that would be a very lengthy task (I'm 1.75 million words into making this game), but I'll try it out and see if I can start to make use of it :D

n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Thanks again for the insight into a new helpful technique. I can't promise I'll go back through my code to update it as that would be a very lengthy task (I'm 1.75 million words into making this game), but I'll try it out and see if I can start to make use of it :D
Glad to be of help.

Well, I might go through the code, reformat it, and send you the result from time to time, but no promises. I got time, but easily distracted :p

I particularly like the makeup and hygine system you setup. The customizable strapon is cool too. Haven't seen tattoos yet though. Is it implemented or am I missing something?

Pooploser64

Dec 29, 2019
Hi again ^_^

That is really neat. As mentioned in the follow-up private message I sent you, that isn't something I've seen before, but it looks very useful. It's probably because my programming experience was mostly with Java / Php (and other web back-end languages) / Visual Basic that I've never seen the use of a backslash to remove spacing in code.

That or my tutors were just being unhelpful ;)

I’m glad that’s how you reacted to that if you were YandereDev you would’ve insulted him for even daring to try to help you out and then all the fanboys all of which are children who don’t know any better would do the same. :)

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
Glad to be of help.

Well, I might go through the code, reformat it, and send you the result from time to time, but no promises. I got time, but easily distracted :p

I particularly like the makeup and hygine system you setup. The customizable strapon is cool too. Haven't seen tattoos yet though. Is it implemented or am I missing something?
Hi again ^_^

I've gone through it in a bit more detail in response to your private message, but I'm always a bit awkward about accepting big code reformats. My issues in general are that I'm not sure if it'll end up confusing me, or adding in new unforeseen bugs. I also often write (or rewrite) a lot of my code between the time last public build being compiled and what I'm actually working on, which can cause other versioning related issues. It feels kind of mean to put it like that, but I don't want people to sink lots of time into something I'm unsure if I'll use (or if I'll have the time to really take a look at).

Sorry again for that, as it's my job I'm just a little over cautious about it. I do, however, really appreciate the offer of help :)

Also, thank you for your compliments on the hygiene and makeup systems, I like them too ... though I'm reluctant to add more to the makeup system anytime soon due to how overly complex it ended up in terms of code within the game passages.

Tattoos, however, are not yet implemented. I've got plans to add them for sure, but earlier in the year I had a lot of comments that I wasn't adding in too much content lately, so I've been concentrating on play-able content (like the Fem Trainer rework) over the appearance options for a bit. Fingers crossed I'll be able to schedule adding them in sometime early next year.

If you're curious about what I have on my development schedule, you can find the most recent schedule list ->

Again, sorry to be a stick in the mud about the code rewrites matter. I really have appreciated our conversation about coding, and have found it incredibly helpful. Thanks again, and happy gaming ^_^

P.S. I hope to work on the strap-on pregnancy option later today :)

• Red Heart

TylerJ

Sep 26, 2017
so is there no way to do the club b storyline whilst remaining slender with normal lips? and its kind of annoying that the pet play guy keeps pestering me about earing a fox tail when I'm already a catgirl...

Last edited:

Jpmaggers

Nov 17, 2017
so is there no way to do the club b storyline whilst remaining slender with normal lips? and its kind of annoying that the pet play guy keeps pestering me about earing a fox tail when I'm already a catgirl...
Hi Tyler ^_^

It has been a while, but the Club B job-line doesn't require the player to have anything other than; breasts (of any size), a positive femininity score, and a vagina. Things like huge breasts and full lips only increase the money you make. To get to the mostly unfinished third section of the job, you need to either be a bimbo or an exhibitionist, I believe.

As for the tail issue, I believe that to be a bug, and I'll take a look into the matter. The Pet-Play Trainer is planned for a huge overhaul in general before too long, the Trainer reworks are just taking longer than expected (though I've been writing way more content for them than expected too). Thanks for the bug report :)

Hope that helps ^_^

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes