3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
overall I like this game.
not done with it yet, but think I'm around day 24.
Don't know if it's a bug or not, but when I trained Lara I got stuck whit the same dialog 3 days in a row.
She has now run off to the wolves. is she gone for good or can I recapture her? 4 real-world hours in and it's not so tempting to restart from scratch because of a mistake 3 hours ago.

What's more..maybe look over the grind mechanic. whit stuff to do, more or less all the time, I feel like when I try to grind to get money, I get punished by failing hidden objectives. so maybe have a week system? with 7 days plot, then 7 days you can grind up money and resources.
You probably didn’t give her the protein shakes in the mornings when you get Vera pregnant. If you have a save that morning or on the day you get her pregnant you can reload to there if you want her to no fckoff. Otherwise getting her back is not a thing in this build. The only days that are timed are while Vera is pregnant and the Day of Vera’s birth and Gitas sidemission.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Your first anailogy is not right because IRL I don’t have “autopathing” so I don’t go round bumping into stuff by only taking the shortest path, I have a brain and spacial awareness(I still kick my toes into stuff ;) )however Vruk does not so he WILL walk straight into whatever is in his path that you or the autopath tell him to. And in-game I don’t die to those traps anymore by accident, if I want to die by those I do it by choosing to.
Please don't play dumb lol. Of course you, as a human, don't have an auto-pathing algorithm, but the point of an auto-pathing algorithm being in the game is to, on some level, simulate that spatial awareness you use to get around as a human, so that, when navigating the game world, a player doesn't need to micromanage every single movement. And for the most part, it already works like that: if I'm standing on one side of a house, and click on the other side, Vruk will walk around the house, instead of, say, just running his face into the wall. If I'm on one side of the river and click on the other side, he'll take a detour and cross the bridge instead of just walking up to the riverside and stopping there. The fact that the auto-pathing in this game treats fires as crossable terrain instead of an obstacle, and opts to have you walk straight through them (to your death), is either an intentional decision—or an oversight—on the part of the dev, and the result is that people randomly have to reload their games until they make it a habit of navigating fires more carefully—which I don't think is the kind of gameplay element you're looking for when you set out to make an adult RPG; it's just distracting from the rest of the game. I don't die to these traps either (I've learned my lesson), but that doesn't mean that they're a good inclusion.

As for grinding money, it’s not much of a thing in the current build and every rpg has some grind either for gold or other resources, it’s just how most games are that have any kind of economy.
The grind in this game is nowhere near as bad as some other RPGM games I've played, but there are a couple of things here. First, I disagree with the premise: just because the game is an RPG, and other RPGs usually have a grind for resources, doesn't mean that it's necessary to include the same in your game. In my opinion, a game should feature grinding if a) you decide that you want to include a gameplay loop of that nature in your game, and b) you have a clear vision for how to implement and balance that gameplay loop. Second, beyond just whether or not you have grinding in your game, I think it's important to look at how that grinding manifests itself. In the Rise of Vruk, to farm gold, you repeatedly fight bats and sell their wings, and later you fight dick dragons and sell their wings and cum. (You can also help Vicki on the farm, but that comes with the additional tedium of requiring a lot of walking and waiting.) There isn't much variety here (though, granted, the game is still in a relatively early stage) for the, what, couple thousand g.p.? you need to amass. It's just busy work. (The RPGM combat system doesn't help, but I recognize that that's my personal taste in the matter.)

At any rate, these two things are mild issues lol. Honestly, my main request would be a gallery mode to replay scenes as they happened in the story.

THORUS

May 2, 2017
You probably didn’t give her the protein shakes in the mornings when you get Vera pregnant. If you have a save that morning or on the day you get her pregnant you can reload to there if you want her to no fckoff. Otherwise getting her back is not a thing in this build. The only days that are timed are while Vera is pregnant and the Day of Vera’s birth and Gitas sidemission.
Hmm that can be the case. was some problem when the goblin hunter turned up and I think I might have triggered her pregnancy reveal too early. so she come out as pregnant before I kicked out the hunter. so they got out of phase with each other.

economy wise, and I might have counted wrong, you gonna need 3300 gold, with 20 gold per job, you have to work 165 days. sure you could kill monsters for loot, but maybe have it so you can work 2 jobs?

When it comes to pathfinding, I think the problem comes from that the pathfinder is to move east or west to the correct square, then move north-south. maybe switch, so first move north-south, then east-west, or simply move the fire one tile to the right.

Another point to think about is the number of characters. think vruk has started 9 relations with different women in town and on the farm, with the queen and the princess bumping that number up to 11. if I remember correctly a group of people can not be larger than 8 individuals. 9 and the group splits up into 2 or more smaller groups. That's why sitcoms have 7 characters so the viewer can be the 8th individual. so maybe finish up some plot points so it's easier to keep them in mind? Vicki and her momme at the farm could "split off" from the main story and be another colony for Vruk. Make the queen and the princess another colony. which brings down the organization to 2 colonies and 7 girls. maybe create a trade colony with all the traders to make it even easier to handle.
Think of it as a mental Logistik and administrative problem, not a story/game problem. Think from small household to a couple of safe houses, I'm gonna assume that the story will move to Vruk trying to control the town and the farms around the village. it could be a way for the creator to experiment with later creating colonies in the other cities. like the genestealer cults or the tau expansion from warhammer 40k. the trader coloney the missionaries to vruk.

some ideas, take what works, ignore what doesn't work :p

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Economy wise, and I might have counted wrong, you gonna need 3300 gold, with 20 gold per job, you have to work 165 days. sure you could kill monsters for loot, but maybe have it so you can work 2 jobs?
You can hunt bat wings and dickdragon cum and just keep re-entering the areas until you need to get health back just go to the inn and eat something, I don't think the time of day changes. There is also a log south of the bats that will give you 300 gold to help buy the sword early to make killing bats and dickdragons easier, then sell want you get to Gita. You also got the lumber job you can do daily whilst you're killing bats and also the job on the farm.

THORUS

May 2, 2017
i did not know of the log. thanks!

Now i try to keep lara from the wolves.
she have had 2 morning drinks. but now vera is pregnant and showing, so it wont come up to.."improve" her morning drink. i havent gone to the bar to confront the hunter, becouse i want more money, and make sure that i dont lose lara this time. how many drinks do she need to drink, and how many days need i train with her?

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
i did not know of the log. thanks!

Now i try to keep lara from the wolves.
she have had 2 morning drinks. but now vera is pregnant and showing, so it wont come up to.."improve" her morning drink. i havent gone to the bar to confront the hunter, becouse i want more money, and make sure that i dont lose lara this time. how many drinks do she need to drink, and how many days need i train with her?
Best bet is to just do it as much as you can. Don't confront the hunter, leave that to Vera.

THORUS

May 2, 2017
so I have come this far with Lara.
She have drank 2 shakes for breakfast.
she blows me in the forest, but I know that vera is gonna give birth the next day. any way to stop her from giving birth, or have I achieved enough to keep Lara later?

Last edited:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
so I have come this far with Lara.
She have drank 2 shakes for breakfast.
she blows me in the forest, but I know that vera is gonna give birth the next day. any way to stop her from giving birth, or have I achieved enough to keep Lara later?
You should be good. Lara needs 2 shakes and at least 3 bj training sessions to not run away. After she gets taken you can check on her the next day and either she will say “go away”(she will run) or “I’m sorry” (she will stay). Make sure you check the basement on the day Vera tells you to or your game will be unplayable later and also make sure to follow all instructions on the day of birth as well as it also can softlock you.

As for jobs you can do the wood stuff, work the farm and sell resources in the same day, I’ve found it to be enough early on but a bit tedious for the later half when you need more cash.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Please don't play dumb lol. Of course you, as a human, don't have an auto-pathing algorithm, but the point of an auto-pathing algorithm being in the game is to, on some level, simulate that spatial awareness you use to get around as a human.

The grind in this game is nowhere near as bad as some other RPGM games I've played, but there are a couple of things here. First, I disagree with the premise: just because the game is an RPG, and other RPGs usually have a grind for resources.Second, beyond just whether or not you have grinding in your game, I think it's important to look at how that grinding manifests itself. It's just busy work.

At any rate, these two things are mild issues lol. Honestly, my main request would be a gallery mode to replay scenes as they happened in the story.
The autopathing gets you from one place to another following the shortest walkable path. That does include all “dangerous“ spots that you can walk into as well as yes it was intentional for those spots to kill you if you walk into them. Relying on the autopathing and not wanting to “micromanage“ where you move sounds like a “you” problem. To sum up the kill spots are by design, peeps getting killed by them is by design. It’s by design. And weither you think they are “good” or “bad” options to have is entirely your opinion as I happen to like them as it adds to the overall humour of the game. I suggest you talk to Killjoy(dev) over on discord some time to get his perspective on what he adds to the game. I know he likes his old ass point and click adventures where you die from clicking on the wrong things. He’s making the game how he wants it not to imaginary standard of what an “adult game” should be(whatever that is[serious what is it?]).

What would be the alternative to grinding for cash? Should things just be given for free? ALL games with an economy has grind for cash or exp or other resource. The best you can do is to try and balance or mitigate the tedium of it but it will ALWAYS be present. For it to not be present, to remove the grind(effort of getting the resource) means to just be handed the resources to get the things you need them for so why not just get given the things for free straight up. Basically you are asking for a VN not an RPG where you are just handed everything. But hey I’m happy to hear your take on what would be a viable alternative.

Also remember this game is a WIP so things like balance can and are being worked on either now or sometime later. We are not playing the finished version so there is still room for things to change.

accept for a gallery mode as the dev has stated the is not adding one in sorry ;)

Last edited:

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
The autopathing gets you from one place to another following the shortest walkable path. That does include all “dangerous“ spots that you can walk into as well as yes it was intentional for those spots to kill you if you walk into them. Relying on the autopathing and not wanting to “micromanage“ where you move sounds like a “you” problem. To sum up the kill spots are by design, peeps getting killed by them is by design. It’s by design.
That's the question, though: is this game made better by the fact that you have to click around the fire every time to want to enter your cavern instead of just clicking the cave entrance and being done with it? Maybe if "kill spots" were more common, they would constitute a subtheme of the game, but as-is, it's just a little bit of extra tedium, so is it really worth it? Again, though, I don't want to overemphasize this one point: it's just a small thing, after all.

What would be the alternative to grinding for cash? Should things just be given for free? ALL games with an economy has grind for cash or exp or other resource. The best you can do is to try and balance or mitigate the tedium of it but it will ALWAYS be present. For it to not be present, to remove the grind(effort of getting the resource) means to just be handed the resources to get the things you need them for so why not just get given the things for free straight up. Basically you are asking for a VN not an RPG where you are just handed everything. But hey I’m happy to hear your take on what would be a viable alternative.
I'm obviously spitballing here, but there are other ways to obtain items than grinding for gold by killing mobs and doing jobs. You could do a quest for the store owner to get the sword, or for the shop owner to get the clothes (e.g. you have to go find the materials in the woods, and then they make stuff for you). You could have more quests that grant gold as a reward (actual quests, not jobs). Maybe getting the clothing store owner addicted to your cum could get you a discount. You could learn to craft these things yourself instead of needing to buy them. You could give the monsters a few more valuable rare drops, which would sell for more than the regular wings. You could steal a weapon from the castle armoury. You could have jobs consist of a minigame, so that there would be a skill component, and better players would earn gold faster, on top of adding diversity to the gameplay experience.

And there are probably dozens more solutions to the "grinding problem" which I can't even think of. It's possible to have to work for something without requiring a grind; neither does the game have to be turned into a VN.

Reactions: czr4254

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
I'm obviously spitballing here, but there are other ways to obtain items than grinding for gold by killing mobs and doing jobs. You could do a quest for the store owner to get the sword, or for the shop owner to get the clothes (e.g. you have to go find the materials in the woods, and then they make stuff for you). You could have more quests that grant gold as a reward (actual quests, not jobs). Maybe getting the clothing store owner addicted to your cum could get you a discount. You could learn to craft these things yourself instead of needing to buy them. You could give the monsters a few more valuable rare drops, which would sell for more than the regular wings. You could steal a weapon from the castle armoury. You could have jobs consist of a minigame, so that there would be a skill component, and better players would earn gold faster, on top of adding diversity to the gameplay experience.

And there are probably dozens more solutions to the "grinding problem" which I can't even think of. It's possible to have to work for something without requiring a grind; neither does the game have to be turned into a VN.
Half the things you mentioned are already apart of the game. Gita does give you a discounted price on the cloaths if you do her side quest and get her addicted to you. All of the ingredients gained from monsters are used to make items in alchemy not just to sell. D dragons already drop a rare item besides their wings you can sell for more. Does adding more quests to do for your items lessen the grind or simply change what the grind is(from killing to gathering). It’s still busy work but skinned differently. That and you do get some more cash from quests specifically killing the DDragon King gives you gold. Plus there is a bonus sword you get for getting the good paths with the family that Vera gives you.
Tl;dr your ideas are good and are already in the game mostly ;)

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Gita does give you a discounted price on the cloaths if you do her side quest and get her addicted to you.
Really? Didn't Gita's quest come after you've already purchased the cloaks for the family?

All of the ingredients gained from monsters are used to make items in alchemy not just to sell.
Yes, but the potions you can brew don't sell for much, so it's not like the crafting in the game helps out any with the gold grind.

Does adding more quests to do for your items lessen the grind or simply change what the grind is(from killing to gathering).
To me (and I've said this in a number of threads), grinding is a repetitive task with little to no skill involved. If there were more quests for items—and those quests were more involved than your typical "go kill X" or "go fetch Y" MMORPG-type quests—it would certainly alleviate the grindiness, by virtue of providing more variety to the gameplay.

That and you do get some more cash from quests specifically killing the DDragon King gives you gold.
Indeed you do, but that's just one quest, and it comes fairly late in the current version of the game. I think it would be a good thing to have more like it.

Plus there is a bonus sword you get for getting the good paths with the family that Vera gives you.
That's basically at the end of the current content, conditional on you having done everything perfectly with all three family members (which admittedly isn't that hard), and it's not that much better than the short sword you can buy. It's an OK inclusion, but again, I feel like there could be more.

Reactions: czr4254

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Really? Didn't Gita's quest come after you've already purchased the cloaks for the family?

Yes, but the potions you can brew don't sell for much, so it's not like the crafting in the game helps out any with the gold grind.

To me (and I've said this in a number of threads), grinding is a repetitive task with little to no skill involved. If there were more quests for items—and those quests were more involved than your typical "go kill X" or "go fetch Y" MMORPG-type quests—it would certainly alleviate the grindiness, by virtue of providing more variety to the gameplay.

Indeed you do, but that's just one quest, and it comes fairly late in the current version of the game. I think it would be a good thing to have more like it.

That's basically at the end of the current content, conditional on you having done everything perfectly with all three family members (which admittedly isn't that hard), and it's not that much better than the short sword you can buy. It's an OK inclusion, but again, I feel like there could be more.
Gitas quest is one of first you can do right after you meet with the queen. It won’t help you with the first nightie(but Vera gives you half the gold for that) but will for all other quest buys(it’s like 50g extra or something for all other buys otherwise).
You meant make items to sell before? Again sounds like more grind but yes a difference of variation would help.
Not really sure what more you could add to those besides “talk to X/Y” or fight and gather(which you do any way ;) )to spice up that,you don’t want to add to much more to a side quest for resources anyway as you would just be adding more grind to the game(that and you are limited to what can be added dev wise that you have to take in mind all the additional irl work to add all that in as well,it’s only one dude , plus artists and us free loading testers, making this one so simple stuff works better). I suppose you ultimately want there to be payouts on every quest you do. No sure dev would go for that.
Again this game is a work in progress so even if it’s the end for now it will be “early/mid” later on. I have spoken with the dev to get more findable items(there are a few around already)and quest given ones as rewards(more special items) but we’ll see.
Also All peeps HATE the only current minigame so I don’t think adding more would help things when players are already trying to get this one removed. I’ve also discussed with Killjoy about getting more mobs that drop a higher tier of gold/item. That i find helps with most grind, better mobs that “level” with your resource needs. But more jobs are there(I forgot Vikkies equine business [if you get what I mean]) and the Captains repeating wood quest runs out and has a payout at the end.

Last edited:

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
You meant make items to sell before? Again sounds like more grind but yes a difference of variation would help.
I originally meant crafting the actual items you use (so e.g. clothing, swords) to avoid having to buy them, but since you pointed out the crafting option already present (namely potions, which, in the context of alleviating the grind for the aforementioned items such as swords and clothes, are only of use if sold for money), I went along with that line of thought in my reply.

Not really sure what more you could add to those besides “talk to X/Y” or fight and gather(which you do any way ;) )to spice up that,you don’t want to add to much more to a side quest for resources anyway as you would just be adding more grind to the game(that and you are limited to what can be added dev wise that you have to take in mind all the additional irl work to add all that in as well,it’s only one dude , plus artists and us free loading testers, making this one so simple stuff works better).
That's the writer's job, isn't it? to make it so what you're doing amounts to more than just "talk to X" and "kill Y". Even in the main story, all you really do is talk to people and kill monsters, but you're doing it in the context of a narrative, which is what gives it meaning. The same should hold true for side quests: they should offer their own self-contained narratives—albeit much shorter or simpler ones, compared to the main story, naturally—, which the player follows to give meaning to their actions and interactions.

And I'm aware that this is more work, but, well, the dev is obviously going to be adding more content to this game anyway, right? I'm just trying to give ideas regarding what some of that content might look like. There's more main story content coming, of course, which will just pick up where the current stuff ends, but there could also be side content.

I suppose you ultimately want there to be payouts on every quest you do.
I don't necessarily want a cash payout to every quest, no, but some form of reward which helps with the RPG side of things and isn't just more sex scenes would be appreciated. It helps tie everything together when the different aspects are well-integrated, and the RPG mechanics aren't just something you have to suffer through to get to the adult scenes (which is something a lot of RPGM devs struggle with, though it's not a serious problem with the Rise of Vruk).

Also All peeps HATE the only current minigame so I don’t think adding more would help things when players are already trying to get this one removed.
That's likely more because it's a minigame which requires "arcade reflexes", which I find don't suit the RPGM engine at all. (Case in point: the handful RPGM games with horrible real-time combat.) On top of that, as we've already discussed, the cost of failing the lock picking minigame (losing the pick worth 50 gold) is rather steep, which probably doesn't help win people over. My guess is that puzzle minigames would go over much better, but who knows.

Reactions: Midge

LoedFugi

Jul 25, 2022
the game will be further developed at all or I will soon come to Shannon in the Käller so that I can feed it ????

LoedFugi

Jul 25, 2022
Yes, but I can't even manage Shannon, I'm stuck there, I can't feed her in the basement, I can't get into basements. in

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Yes, but I can't even manage Shannon, I'm stuck there, I can't feed her in the basement, I can't get into basements. in
That’s a reported bug. You didn’t talk to Vera on the last day of the pregnancy in the basement when she asked you to. You need to reload to there and do that.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes