3.30 star(s) 20 Votes

BatmanNinja

Apr 12, 2020
Any idea on how to remove the annoying chicken standing in front of the well?
The first installment of this game showed a golden egg hidden inside a tree where the ship is being build & then you hand over the golden egg to the chicken & it leaves but in this latest installment,there is no golden egg & no task given to remove the chicken.
Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Deathdawg

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Any idea on how to remove the annoying chicken standing in front of the well?
The first installment of this game showed a golden egg hidden inside a tree where the ship is being build & then you hand over the golden egg to the chicken & it leaves but in this latest installment,there is no golden egg & no task given to remove the chicken.
Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.
You cannot remove the chicken (yet, anyway). This game re-uses assets from A Goblin's Tale, and the story might be similar in some ways, but it's not a re-creation of it. It's not because something happens a certain way in A Goblin's Tale that the same thing will happen in the exact same way in Rise of Vruk.

Ramirad

Mar 14, 2018
it will say failed then click again boo yeah goes in building :)

however you do lose the lockpick if you "fail" but at least it still lets you in the building
Thanks, does indeed consume a pick (if you don't succeed) but as you say at least you don't have to go through the boring tedium of save-scumming or trying again and again and failing due to freezes or lagging.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Thanks, does indeed consume a pick (if you don't succeed) but as you say at least you don't have to go through the boring tedium of save-scumming or trying again and again and failing due to freezes or lagging.
Really? You need to get in these buildings multiple times, so it'll still cost you another 50g to buy a new lockpick.

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
How to dismiss the team with Shannon?
You can't in this build. As mentioned in a reply to you already, it has no effect on finishing the build. It just makes some things weird, but nothing breaks.
Same issue happened with me as well but i was still able to finish the game even though there were 2 Shannons.
I hope the game developer adds the option of removing side character from the team in the next installment.
It'll be in the next version, so no worries there.

Take note: I have no clue what the effect will be on your saved game file if she's in your party at EOB for 0.18 once 0.19 is here and the 'party up' has been fixed. My advice for you two, and anyone else who did the same thing, would be to go to an earlier save point (file) and finish 0.18 without her in your party. It's better to play it safe now than be sorry later, but it's your choice.

Reactions: BatmanNinja

Firegerard117

Jan 14, 2018
hey guys does anyone have a way of knowing how to prevent lara from going with the wolf
is that I do everything the guide says and she always ends up telling me that she prefers to go with the wolf and I lose
and could you give me a well explained guide

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
hey guys does anyone have a way of knowing how to prevent lara from going with the wolf
is that I do everything the guide says and she always ends up telling me that she prefers to go with the wolf and I lose
and could you give me a well explained guide
When Vera first gets pregnant the following morning, talk to Vera in the kitchen BEFORE sitting at the table to give Lara a shake. Do this the next day as well. Then after Vera chases out the goblin hunter talk to Lara and train with her at least 3 times with her in the clearing you first find her in. She WILL get taken but if you do this she won’t leave after you look for her. She will say “I’m sorry…” if you try to talk to her after and that means you’ve done it right. “ Go away” she’ll say if you got it wrong.

Firegerard117

Jan 14, 2018
When Vera first gets pregnant the following morning, talk to Vera in the kitchen BEFORE sitting at the table to give Lara a shake. Do this the next day as well. Then after Vera chases out the goblin hunter talk to Lara and train with her at least 3 times with her in the clearing you first find her in. She WILL get taken but if you do this she won’t leave after you look for her. She will say “I’m sorry…” if you try to talk to her after and that means you’ve done it right. “ Go away” she’ll say if you got it wrong.
Thank you

Mar 11, 2022
Error
Failed to initialize graphics."
hi, i have this problem in the new version, someone knows how can i fix this problem, i really wanna try this game, i have windows 10 and directx 12

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Is it too late to learn alchemy after preventing gita's withdrawal?
My advice would be to go back to a previous save or start over again, you never know with this game if you miss something it may affect something in the future.

jeroentje

Apr 8, 2020
OK, first off, thanks to Midge for putting the work into his walkthroughs! It's been quite helpful!
;)

I've been using it as a guide to make a less 'wall of text-ey' walkthrough, adding some of my own notes.

I'm up to around Day 11, at which point you'll see the source text from Midge's walkthrough below where I'm currently at with the reformatting. I'm doing a disjointed playthrough as I'm working on re-formatting and adjusting things. Disjointed in that I keep saving and reloading to test various options.

I'm saving it in .rtf format, which can be opened with wordpad, etc.. I thought about trying to do it as a .pdf or something, but decided to keep it simple so that people could use the 'find' text search function in wordpad, etc. if they were looking for something more specific.

As I said, it's a work in progress atm (After Day 11 I just cut/paste the old walkthrough for reference), but I'd appreciate any feedback on what I have so far for Days 1-11. I haven't made it past say 25 or so in the game, as I keep restarting, which was part of the reason I wanted a more readable walkthrough to refer to as I try to figure out why the 'you can't leave yet, talk to Lara' bug that keeps locking my game up when I don't pick a specific action at a very specific time, causing me to have to backtrack or even re-start the game...

I used Courier and Comic Sans for the fonts, as almost everyone should have those fonts probably. Worst case, you assign a different font in Wordpad if you don't have those (I just used Comic Sans for the title, the rest of the text is Courier).

So yeah, WIP and feedback would be very much appreciated. Partially reformatted walkthrough (through Day 11, afterwords it's essentially just Midge's walkthrough) is attached!

I hope that this is useful to people!
:sneaky:
I really like your version. Much clearer then the other. Are you gonna update this to the latest version?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I really like your version. Much clearer then the other. Are you gonna update this to the latest version?
I did manage to play TRoV through to the current end point, but at some point I was so focused on the playthrough that I lost track of the days while updating the walkthrough.

Plus I need to play through again to double check my entries, but attached where I am now with things in my reformatted walkthrough (which is now around Day 25). Hopefully it is useful enough in the meantime, and again, feedback is appreciated.

As I noted, it's a work in progress, and I will pick this up again when the next version drops probably. I should note that I'm still pondering the most efficient way to interact with Tish. In my last playthrough I hit the 'end point' before I was able to impregnate Tish, so I need to explore the Tish progression a bit more closely. I practiced a bit of 'overkill' with Lara so that she sticks around after the wolf event, making sure to not miss an opportunity to spend time with her. There may be a bit of wiggle room there, but I haven't tested it. Midge suggested a hard number for the number of times you need to interact with Lara before the wolf event, so I need to explore that. I just like spending time with Lara I guess!

In any case, feedback is appreciated!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: jeroentje
3.30 star(s) 20 Votes