3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

Mirrofuks

Dec 4, 2019
the shit is worth ... the old game save is gone and after three hours of playing after turning the game off and on again, there is no previous save

BatmanNinja

Apr 12, 2020
Haven't played this in a while. Can do you do anything with the princess and queen yet?
Nope,sadly.
Your specific fantasy will definitely be the last scenario in the game. Vruk ends up banging the queen,it's like the end of the game because then he will be the king of the whole kingdom(basically,that is what Vruk's end plan is also).

• Sad
Reactions: haha mm

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
the shit is worth ... the old game save is gone and after three hours of playing after turning the game off and on again, there is no previous save
I opened up the game after a couple of weeks of shelving it and my saves were all there. It even highlighted the file (18) where I had last saved. I'm using the Windows version, which is the only official version released by the Dev. I will deduce you are as well given you stated your opinion on the game. Is the save folder still there or is that disappearing to? How many different file save slots did you use? Are the older ones showing and just not your latest/previous? While I don't recommend or rely upon auto-save, did that not even assist you?

Reactions: Mirrofuks

Mirrofuks

Dec 4, 2019
I opened up the game after a couple of weeks of shelving it and my saves were all there. It even highlighted the file (18) where I had last saved. I'm using the Windows version, which is the only official version released by the Dev. I will deduce you are as well given you stated your opinion on the game. Is the save folder still there or is that disappearing to? How many different file save slots did you use? Are the older ones showing and just not your latest/previous? While I don't recommend or rely upon auto-save, did that not even assist you?

the save was not automatic, the save location was the same.
The game itself is fun but it is pissing off every time you start it over and not to mention after a few hours of playing a day later start the game again for lack of record

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
the save was not automatic, the save location was the same.
The game itself is fun but it is pissing off every time you start it over and not to mention after a few hours of playing a day later start the game again for lack of record
I can understand being pissed off because I would be too. Gee, it even sucks that you enjoy the game and this issue is taking away that enjoyment. That aside, even the auto-save isn't working either or at least helpful? I've never heard (even asked someone else) of this issue with an RPGM game. Dang sure have never experienced it with this one. Is this the only Windows-based RPG game that this is happening with for you?

I've attached a screenshot of my game folder. Yours should be the same. If it is, I have no clue what's going on and someone more tech savvy and/or way more familiar with weird RPGM issues needs to address this one. If it's not, that's the issue because the save folder is integral to any game working correctly. Extract the download again. Heck, maybe even re-download the game and extract that one. Once that is done, do the following:

1) Start over and make a save (file 1) before you camp.
2) Exit game and then start it up again.
3) See if that then works and file 1 is highlighted after you hit continue.
4) Go through the whole camp scene, find the cave, and make a second save (file 2).
5) Exit and start again.
6) If file 2 is highlighted after you hit continue, you should be set to go and to have fun playing.

PS - Just copy/paste your 0.17 saves into the new save folder if you're using those or just copy/paste the entire 0.17 save folder into 0.18's game folder. Either way should work once you've established the game is now working correctly upon exiting & restarting.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
how can i beat the old gobbo?
Be level 5, hit him a bit, spam heal until you’re full HP, go back to hitting him, repeat. It’s shitty RPGM combat—there’s no secret to it.
I also recommend lobbing a knockout bomb at the beginning of combat to hopefully give you a couple of 'free hits' on old gobbo before he tries to blind you. Save scumming before you start the combat might not hurt either, that way you can just try again if it doesn't go your way, and have a bunch of healing potions on hand beforehand.

I found three different knockout bombs in various places leading up to this event, and supposedly you may be able make more but I haven't tried out that suggestion as of yet as I don't remember the flowers being pickable after you do it the first time to set up that trap on the road.

Reactions: quadsquat

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
how can i beat the old gobbo?
Level 4 with the short sword can work too just so you know. Use a knockout bomb if you're eye-poked regardless of level (4 or 5) or which sword you have. Between all the responses you've received, you should have a pretty good strategy now. Other than that, it's a boss fight and it's just whatever the RNG throws your way. Good luck.
I also recommend lobbing a knockout bomb at the beginning of combat to hopefully give you a couple of 'free hits' on old gobbo before he tries to blind you. Save scumming before you start the combat might not hurt either, that way you can just try again if it doesn't go your way, and have a bunch of healing potions on hand beforehand.

I found three different knockout bombs in various places leading up to this event, and supposedly you may be able make more but I haven't tried out that suggestion as of yet as I don't remember the flowers being pickable after you do it the first time to set up that trap on the road.
The picking of flowers to make knockout bombs is activated after you've learned alchemy. Go in the evening(s) to pick them.

Reactions: OhWee
3.30 star(s) 19 Votes