3.30 star(s) 19 Votes

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
This dev needs to give us updates where you can use the old save files. It is so annoying to play through the whole thing over and over while the game breaking bugs make questing very specific. Why is it so hard to give us a save file at least?

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
ok now im confused i could play the last version of this game now when i go to play this newer version i get a pop up saying
failed to Initialize Graphics don't know why and what to do there's alot of sites out there i don't trust downloading stuff from and other sites who want me to pay cash to update my drivers any information or advise would be appreciated

last time i played i was running widows 10 now I'm on 11 could that be the problem ?

Last edited:

spanner52

Jan 5, 2019
That's me done with this game saves don't work and I'm not starting again. I may come back when it's finished.

biker621

Mar 29, 2019
ok now im confused i could play the last version of this game now when i go to play this newer version i get a pop up saying
failed to Initialize Graphics don't know why and what to do there's alot of sites out there i don't trust downloading stuff from and other sites who want me to pay cash to update my drivers any information or advise would be appreciated

last time i played i was running widows 10 now I'm on 11 could that be the problem ?
Try right clicking on the Game.exe in your Rise of Vruk folder and either run as admin or trooubleshoot compatibility.
You can always update drivers for free at the hardware site.

quadsquat

Apr 15, 2019
To all who are having start over:

It was not the intent. However, there was a trigger that needed to be fixed. ie - Tish not working properly in 0.16. That is the cause with most of y'all having to start over because you're starting from end of 0.16 (I'm assuming) and that bad trigger is baked into your save. Your global save is trash because it's reflecting your last manual save or the last auto-save. You can play an old 0.16 save with 0.17, but you'll have to have one at an earlier point. I cannot be 100% certain at this time, but prior to Vera being impregnated should be good. Basically, the point where you meet her on the bridge after goblin hunter arrives or even after giving her the nightie. Any day after that, my certainty goes down because I no longer have 0.16 saves. I do know that if Liz is born, you're save is worthless in 0.17 if you still haven't met Tish.

For those who have saves prior to Liz's birth and wanna use them, but don't know how to just transfer them and need guidance:

1) Start new game in 0.17.
2) Save as soon as you have control of Vruk.
3) Save in slot or multiple slots that match file save number(s) from 0.16.
4) Now just copy/paste your file save number(s) from 0.16 into 0.17.
5) Overwrite when asked.
6) Now open 0.17 and you should be able to 'continue' with your old save.

Do not worry about the time played that shows up in the slot. Also, DO NOT copy/paste your global.

I know most of you will still feel like that is starting over given where you must start, but that I can't help.

Update: Please see my post on the next page for my 100% certainty regarding 0.16 files.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2021

from what I've read RPGM struggles with Windows 11

Aug 28, 2021
the game is good, but this developer is horrible, 7 updates have already been released and the guy still couldn't make the old saves work in the new version, and it sucks having to start again every time especially in rpgm that is the engine is slow in the game and it's poorly optimized to play, either the developer fixes it or he won't get patrons anymore.
It's literally the same thing that killed my interest in the original Vruk game! Can't believe this dev has taken the new version down that same highway to hell...
Schermata 2022-04-09 alle 01.11.14.png

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Is it really absolutely fucking necessary to have the campfire right in the AI pathing, which game over kills you every time the player forgets to manually click 3 times around the campfire, to avoid being called an 'inept player' by the inept designer who designed the fire in the AI pathing, that you have to cross once a day, every day, for 55+ days and counting?

Is that really fucking necessary?

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
ok got an error saying failed to initialize graphics WTF!!!!!!
Did you UNZIP the files first. Right click on rar,7zip(or more options first on win11),extract here. Go to folder use game exe.
Same with everyone else who are having problems try this first(if you haven't already).

broken wont get past the bandits note...been 5 days waiting for what was said to be 2 days...cant play a game that doesnt advance.
Might be something you missed. Go out at noon and see if Lara is reading it. I have a walkthrough on here you can use to troubleshoot with.

Last edited:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
broken wont get past the bandits note...been 5 days waiting for what was said to be 2 days...cant play a game that doesnt advance.
Did you UNZIP the files first. Right click on rar,7zip(or more options first on win11),extract here. Go to folder use game exe.
Same with everyone else who are having problems try this first(if you haven't already).

Might be something you missed. Go out at noon and see if Lara is reading it. I have a walkthrough on here you can use to troubleshoot with.
READ the rules page. Click the thing it tells you to click. That will give you full(mostly) access to the rest of the board.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
done all that and stil failed frucking grapics , i know how you extract a fucking file also to load it
You'd be surprised about how many peeps who don't. What is your OS and what are you trying to run it on? android mac pc?

m3nic

Feb 28, 2019
I start from my latest save but I found bug, why is my game always grind. No scene with new update. Everyday is all same.

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes