UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I'm not sure. It's not obvious insider trading like if he'd acted on information that isn't available to the public, but I think that a company director doing something to tank the stock then buying a large amount of it is at least a grey area that would attract scrutiny. I'm not an expert, though.
The exact sequence was the day before his press conference he liquidated all his non-company stock to cash. He held the press conference, which placed the knowledge that he was the incoming CEO into the public domain. After his press conference and the market reacted to the information, he purchased additional stock in the company.

Insider trading is mostly about acting on information before it becomes public. For example, had he sold the company stock short. (Borrowed stock on the open market to sell at the then current price) Then held his press conference. Let the stock fall and covered his short position at the lower price, and pocketed the profit. The short sale would have been considered insider trading, because he sold short based on the insider knowledge about when the announcement would be made. While it was speculation that his press conference would drop the price, the timing of the announcement that he was the next CEO, at the time of the short sale would not have been public knowledge.

The key here is that, when he made the trade, the outside investor had the same information as those inside the company. It was public knowledge that he was the new CEO, before he made the purchase. That is not insider trading. Now that he is an officer of the company, there are many additional restrictions on his personal trading, but in this instance his trade was clean.

Reactions: mofonistik
Sep 3, 2020
Guilty!

Not really, I want to make sure it's done right after all the back and forth.

It won't be too much longer.

The wait! The wait won't be too much longer!
I am so excited like I told you before I'm a one-woman kind of man

so when I play visual novels I only focus on one girl then start over a new game and focus on a different girl

I don't like being with multiple girls at once it's not my thing
so I can't wait to be with
Kari

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall at times!

Does anyone know how I can create a poll here? All I can find on a search is threads on how to delete one.

Wondering if it should be an option in the menu strip here, or maybe it's missing because I don't "own" the thread?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The exact sequence was the day before his press conference he liquidated all his non-company stock to cash. He held the press conference, which placed the knowledge that he was the incoming CEO into the public domain. After his press conference and the market reacted to the information, he purchased additional stock in the company.

Insider trading is mostly about acting on information before it becomes public. For example, had he sold the company stock short. (Borrowed stock on the open market to sell at the then current price) Then held his press conference. Let the stock fall and covered his short position at the lower price, and pocketed the profit. The short sale would have been considered insider trading, because he sold short based on the insider knowledge about when the announcement would be made. While it was speculation that his press conference would drop the price, the timing of the announcement that he was the next CEO, at the time of the short sale would not have been public knowledge.

The key here is that, when he made the trade, the outside investor had the same information as those inside the company. It was public knowledge that he was the new CEO, before he made the purchase. That is not insider trading. Now that he is an officer of the company, there are many additional restrictions on his personal trading, but in this instance his trade was clean.
Ah, OK. I vaguely remember something about Elon Musk getting into trouble with some of the things he tweeted, wasn't sure if it would be something like that.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall at times!

Does anyone know how I can create a poll here? All I can find on a search is threads on how to delete one.

Wondering if it should be an option in the menu strip here, or maybe it's missing because I don't "own" the thread?
You definitely need to own the thread to make a poll. You can either ask the staff to give you ownership (probably need to get verified as the game dev first) or start a new thread for the poll. Or use a third-party polling site, of course.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Ah, OK. I vaguely remember something about Elon Musk getting into trouble with some of the things he tweeted, wasn't sure if it would be something like that.
Yes. Elon because of his position in his companies is subject to far greater scrutiny and restrictions on his trades and public statements. Should our MC become the head of a huge multi-billion dollar conglomerate , he'll face similar restrictions too. But for now his actions in the specific trade under discussion won't even get a second glance.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay! Thanks to our moderator (X0R) for getting the poll set up for us.

Please vote for TWO receptionists. The poll will allow you multiple choices but please stick to two choices and vote just once, otherwise it's a waste of time!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
how do I choose the receptionist?
I think if you're asking you're probably not there yet. On Day 25 you'll meet the candidates, and you'll discuss your options with Lois. The current version does require that you enter the names correctly, with the first letter in upper case.

Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
I think if you're asking you're probably not there yet. On Day 25 you'll meet the candidates, and you'll discuss your options with Lois. The current version does require that you enter the names correctly, with the first letter in upper case.
okay, thanks

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
I felt the changes were an improvement but there's still something missing. We're past 3 weeks we've been living with Kari and we still don't really know her yet she's in love and ready for you to be her first. Where's the buildup, they're still watching movies sitting on separate couches, stop this nonsense. There's been a kiss, a hug unless I'm imagining that lol, you got rid of Randy and have been generous in my case. Also on my mind I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about her past, hope it's not too rough.

tush002

Oct 21, 2018
Is this game so full bugs that you can't move ahead even when you try differnt route. Listing of receptionist held me down no matter how many times i name them i can't move forward

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I wonder how she'd look in a maid uniform?: I did say on patreon that anyone who paid $10 could choose an outfit! That said, I'd have to find a way to work it in. Like they see someone dressed like that in a TV show and MC says how sexy it is, something like that.
I think Kari is more suited to be a queen, (not a maid)!
I hope there will be choices to avoid the "Kari as maid" option.
(I want to treat Kari like a queen!)

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
there's still something missing...
We're at 0.4. Think of the game right now as a sketch rather than a painting. I'm laying down broad strokes to make an overall picture, and there's still a lot of detail that can be added later. There's no team here - I'm one person with a demanding job doing the best I can.

Is this game so full bugs that you can't move ahead even when you try differnt route. Listing of receptionist held me down no matter how many times i name them i can't move forward
If you look back over the last few pages, this has been addressed several times. It's one oversight in that I should have added more error checking. But if you enter the names CORRECTLY with a capitalized first letter, it works just fine.

Reactions: mofonistik

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Just noticed this game and saw a picture of the roommate... BOING!!!

I'm downloading now but - at this stage - I don't care about any other women in the game - I plan on going all out with this chick!! She is FUCKIN' HOT!!!

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
We're at 0.4. Think of the game right now as a sketch rather than a painting. I'm laying down broad strokes to make an overall picture, and there's still a lot of detail that can be added later. There's no team here - I'm one person with a demanding job doing the best I can.
Ahh I see, that makes sense then. I'm enjoying it, just wanted to give some feedback since you asked for it. I might wait a little while though instead of playing every update from the beginning. I guess that's the one inconvenience to doing it that way, but you gotta do it the best way you know how and I'm along for the ride regardless. Really love the Kari character model. Keep up the good work and thanks for the reply!

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Please vote for TWO receptionists. The poll will allow you multiple choices but please stick to two choices and vote just once, otherwise it's a waste of time!
Alright lads, knives out!

Bree + Jessie. I'm not saying these are the only right choices. I'm just saying anyone who picked differently is wrong.

Actually I didn't get much of a sense of most of the candidates' personality yet, so picked somewhat at random. May have to go back and re-pick once we learn what content the various candidates bring with them.

Bree stays, though. She is the obvious first pick; only splash of colour in this sea of white folks (except for Rei who, yeah, let's not go there).

But I hesitated over the second pick: Kari and Mallory seem destined for other parts in the story (and I wouldn't trust the former to work a stapler), Tilly gets the flight attendant gig, a few of the others are obviously incompetent/grating, etc. In the end I hesitated between Aria and Jessie and landed on the latter, although the Southern shtick does get old quick unless deftly handled.

(And on an entirely different note, would absolutely be on board with the MC giving Kari a maid uniform. High time she made herself useful around the place. But I understand if the romantics among us see it somewhat differently.)

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
In terms of having to start over, with each new release I feel like I've got it just right, and then something else comes up and I'm back at square one, having to modify the python class that holds the girls' data, or add some new counter or whatever.

But I live in hope that eventually I'll have it locked down OR get to a level of understanding where I can read/write game data to a point where I can work around any changes.

It would be nice to be able to break the game down into discrete episode packages, rather than one monolithic download for each new release.

I'm not going to hand around chatting all evening, as I'm trying to finish out the night of Day 28 for the 0.4.2 update. Hoping to have that ready tomorrow. If not, Monday is a holiday here in the states, so should be able to wrap it up then, and move onto 0.5...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
In terms of having to start over, with each new release I feel like I've got it just right, and then something else comes up and I'm back at square one, having to modify the python class that holds the girls' data, or add some new counter or whatever.

But I live in hope that eventually I'll have it locked down OR get to a level of understanding where I can read/write game data to a point where I can work around any changes.
Yeah I hope that the core skeleton of the game will get locked down soon so we won't have to keep restarting. It sometimes can't be avoided especially in the early stage of development but if it's every time it does get old pretty quickly.
One thing that might possibly help if you're not already aware of it is the after_load special label, that gets run each time a game is loaded and can in certain cases allow updating variables in ways that the default statement can't handle.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes