Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
Somehow the information from the first picture wasn't there when i started the game, luckily you had it on the previews.

I did get the next question answer in green however.
as well as the next set of information for a response.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
A lack of realism does not automatically equate to bad writing. Uncle Fester's Magic Tittyjuice™ isn't particularly realistic, nor is his automated panopticon, but they both add to the story. The fact that the game takes place in a rough approximation of a corporate workspace, with plenty of fudging of the details, is not a problem as long as it serves as a vehicle for an interesting story.

I guess I can sort of see where some of the above comments are coming from in that this release doesn't add a lot of progress to the MC's key relationships, but on the other hand that's completely understandable as it rejigs some behind-the-scenes stuff and fills in a lot of details about the setting and especially the company. There are only so many hours in a day, and few of us get to spend all of them writing smut.

Enjoy your evening off and don't take the comments too hard, would be my two cents on the matter.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Right, should have been RELIABLE internet. The internet issues were originally a mechanism to force MC to the coffee shop frequently enough to develop a relationship with Ashley, the Barista. I don't get a lot of feedback about her so the focus has shifted away for now, but I would like to go back and re-work her a little at some point.

Then it occurred to me to use the excuse that the security system (and the massive amounts of data it has to send) could be conveniently blamed for the issues, but by the Lois had talked to Elon and that amused me enough that I didn't feel inclined to take it out again.

The other movies they watched (Fifty Shades of Gray and one or two that aren't named) were added in later, simply to have MC and Kari spend more time together. I'm also well aware that more of that is needed, as always time is a factor.

I've joked about not getting to shag your mother/sisters from the outset, so the Mallory storyline was supposed to be something from way out of left field that people wouldn't see coming. Then the idea of the Uncle becoming fixated on it and that there are other victims out there came after. Again it's setting up things to explore down the line.

The security system is in place so that MC can keep a benign and watchful eye on his neighbours later on, and not for any gratuitous peeping, you understand...

In the first week or two, there's a lot of "Go to Work, Come Home". At some point I need to add in MC meeting the COO on his first day and being told sorry about the lack of an office, etc, but it's pretty dry stuff and nobody's complaining about it, so it's someway down the to do list.

It's not particularly my intention to make the company the whole focus of the game - but most of us spend a significant part of our lives at work and it provides a huge amount of potential for story development and as a place to introduce new characters. Where else are you going to get a chance to interview flight attendants?

I suppose we could have an Avon Lady come by the apartment... ;)

There will be further revelations, of course. Wait until Lois gets hold of those blueprints, for one thing. But time is always limited, and some ideas seem to flourish while others wither and die. Painfully. And publicly.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
oh my God thank you so much brother I have a reading disability

so. it Was extra hard for me thank you so much
Sorry, did my best with having the names listed each time and it looped back round if you misspelled the name. It will correct lower case input on the next update. The only alternative was to write a whole custom menu system to accommodate six or more choices and I didn't have time to do that at this stage.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Right, should have been RELIABLE internet. The internet issues were originally a mechanism to force MC to the coffee shop frequently enough to develop a relationship with Ashley, the Barista. I don't get a lot of feedback about her so the focus has shifted away for now, but I would like to go back and re-work her a little at some point.
I liked Ashley, for the little we've seen of her, and would appreciate her being developed further. I think I've mentioned it before in connection with something else but don't confuse a lack of feedback with a lack of appreciation. Most of us just yell about the stuff we don't like, there are very few people marching in the streets over liking pancakes.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I liked Ashley, for the little we've seen of her, and would appreciate her being developed further. I think I've mentioned it before in connection with something else but don't confuse a lack of feedback with a lack of appreciation. Most of us just yell about the stuff we don't like, there are very few people marching in the streets over liking pancakes.
I must say, since I plan on making my first save Kari-centered ; I refused Ashley but she's hot and likeable.

On the same topic, I find myself loving Lois more and more. That growing complicity with the MC is well done and refreshing and she's adorable too. (Surprisingly Mallory too, given what we learn about her...)
Just wanted to point that out :giggle:

Reactions: kartolas
Sep 3, 2020
Sorry, did my best with having the names listed each time and it looped back round if you misspelled the name. It will correct lower case input on the next update. The only alternative was to write a whole custom menu system to accommodate six or more choices and I didn't have time to do that at this stage.
please you have nothing to feel sorry about I love the game
and I'm glad at the end of the update kari became my girlfriend

thank you for not forcing other girls on me

but I hope the game is not like Kari is my girlfriend now and the end

I hope there is a lot more game left

with Kari as my girlfriend going on dates and having a lot of sexy time with her if you know what I mean

and something I want to know do I have to have my lust at a certain level to have sex with Kari

Reactions: CrazyRabbit
Sep 3, 2020

Then it occurred to me to use the excuse that the security system (and the massive amounts of data it has to send) could be conveniently blamed for the issues, but by the Lois had talked to Elon and that amused me enough that I didn't feel inclined to take it out again.

The other movies they watched (Fifty Shades of Gray and one or two that aren't named) were added in later, simply to have MC and Kari spend more time together. I'm also well aware that more of that is needed, as always time is a factor.

I've joked about not getting to shag your mother/sisters from the outset, so the Mallory storyline was supposed to be something from way out of left field that people wouldn't see coming. Then the idea of the Uncle becoming fixated on it and that there are other victims out there came after. Again it's setting up things to explore down the line.

The security system is in place so that MC can keep a benign and watchful eye on his neighbours later on, and not for any gratuitous peeping, you understand...

In the first week or two, there's a lot of "Go to Work, Come Home". At some point I need to add in MC meeting the COO on his first day and being told sorry about the lack of an office, etc, but it's pretty dry stuff and nobody's complaining about it, so it's someway down the to do list.

It's not particularly my intention to make the company the whole focus of the game - but most of us spend a significant part of our lives at work and it provides a huge amount of potential for story development and as a place to introduce new characters. Where else are you going to get a chance to interview flight attendants?

I suppose we could have an Avon Lady come by the apartment... ;)

There will be further revelations, of course. Wait until Lois gets hold of those blueprints, for one thing. But time is always limited, and some ideas seem to flourish while others wither and die. Painfully. And publicly.
yeah I was going to bring up that I we don't spend any time with Kari

at one point I thought I did something wrong because it felt like my relationship with Kari came to a dead stop and wasn't going anywhere

in one scene I'm telling someone that I'm crazy about Kari but when I'm

screenshot0001.png

home I don't do anything to act on those feelings

I mean I'm telling people in the game that I like her but when I'm home all i do is watch TV and go to bed

I mean I'm not saying we should make unwanted advances towards her but flirt with her ask her out on a date do something to show your interest

screenshot0002.png

I'm sorry I really do love the game and I hope I'm not being too negative
but sometimes I found myself holding the skipping just to get out of the office and back to Kari

but when I'm back home with Kari nothing happens I just go to bed but now

that Kari is my girlfriend I'm hoping the game will be less repetitive in the next update

and MC will be more assertive and much more physical and affectionate with Kari

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
yeah I was going to bring up that I we don't spend any time with Kari

at one point I thought I did something wrong because it felt like my relationship with Kari came to a dead stop and wasn't going anywhere

in one scene I'm telling someone that I'm crazy about Kari but when I'm

View attachment 1384722

home I don't do anything to act on those feelings

I mean I'm telling people in the game that I like her but when I'm home all i do is watch TV and go to bed

I mean I'm not saying we should make unwanted advances towards her but flirt with her ask her out on a date do something to show your interest

View attachment 1384724

I'm sorry I really do love the game and I hope I'm not being too negative
but sometimes I found myself holding the skipping just to get out of the office and back to Kari

but when I'm back home with Kari nothing happens I just go to bed but now

that Kari is my girlfriend I'm hoping the game will be less repetitive in the next update

and MC will be more assertive and much more physical and affectionate with Kari
I love this game but I find myself skipping through this game
seems kinda...contradictory wouldn't you say?

Sep 3, 2020
I love this game but I find myself skipping through this game
seems kinda...contradictory wouldn't you say?
I know bro but after I skipped I reloaded the game and played it properly
I only skipped it because I wanted to see how long I would have to wait for Kari to show up in the game again

I thought something went wrong with my game because it was a long time before she showed up in the game again

Reactions: BTLD

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Okay, I'm willing to concede some of those points, and much of that has to do with how quickly the plot developed and thickened.

MC was supposed to be a middle manager making $100,000 a year. His personal portfolio was inherited from his parents and was considered untouchable at this point in his life. He was basically supposed to be exiled to a failing fringe operation and then he does this amazing job turning it around and suddenly people are like wow - he's not just a useless bum relying on nepotism to get through life. The car (which I had already built for another project) was supposed to be a misjudgement - him overreaching and taking on a liability somewhat beyond his means. The thing with the apartment was clear enough I thought, Pete pushes MC to stay there until he finds a place. But it's a bit of flannel because Pete's not yet in a position to reveal the bigger picture, and it's a mechanism to put MC and Kari in the same place. Once again, things have evolved fairly quickly.

But frankly you, "Kukipett", and one or two others were so thoroughly unpleasant in your criticism that not only did I end up on the defensive but also feeling bloody-minded. There's an expression that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

At the end of the day, this is my first try at one of these games. I've gone out of my way to participate here, to explain my thinking and I've taken people's views on board. It's not like I'm making any money on this and it's a huge undertaking on top of a demanding job.

So let's all play nice because I'm tired of taking shit from people and of constantly having to repeat the same things.

It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. And I can tell you some of this has not been fun at all.
I apologize for the harshness of my comments. Saying it was ugly writing, unintentionally personalized what was intended to be constructive criticism. It was not my intent to insult you. As I said I do like your game and hope you continue to produce it.
In that spirit I want to suggest you ask yourself a couple questions. You need not respond here, I offer them only for your private consideration. Why did you want to make daily cash flow a burden to the player? How did you see that improving the playing experience?

There are a number of other mechanics where choices seem to result in arbitrary point assignments. For example, reducing costs by reducing the salary assigned to a position, gains a management point, and increasing costs loses one. However, costs are balanced by profits, and it often makes sense to pay more for talent to increase net profits. Or to boost morale with a resulting boost in productivity. I say this only as an observation, not a criticism. My underlying point though is that it's important that, in your own mind, you've laid out how all the various factors interact in the progression of your overall story.

This is a game under development, it's bound to change over time as you refine your vision. I support your absolute right to create the game you choose, and respect your efforts and commitment.

Reactions: kartolas

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Lots more to come and no, I don't think you're forced into anything. I know a couple of people claimed that they were forced to have sexual encounters with Marina and/or Ashley, but I feel like when a girl you hardly know invites you back to her apartment, you have to think she wants to share more than her wifi. :)

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I like Kari !:love:
I liked that now Kari can officially become a girlfriend and be officially called a girlfriend!
I liked how with Randy was sorted out (punished).
I liked the selection and appointment to the position of receptionist! (It is only difficult to select only two girls for this position. It would be great if three girls could be chose, (that is +1 more))!

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I apologize for the harshness of my comments. Saying it was ugly writing, unintentionally personalized what was intended to be constructive criticism. It was not my intent to insult you. As I said I do like your game and hope you continue to produce it.
In that spirit I want to suggest you ask yourself a couple questions. You need not respond here, I offer them only for your private consideration. Why did you want to make daily cash flow a burden to the player? How did you see that improving the playing experience?

There are a number of other mechanics where choices seem to result in arbitrary point assignments. For example, reducing costs by reducing the salary assigned to a position, gains a management point, and increasing costs loses one. However, costs are balanced by profits, and it often makes sense to pay more for talent to increase net profits. Or to boost morale with a resulting boost in productivity. I say this only as an observation, not a criticism. My underlying point though is that it's important that, in your own mind, you've laid out how all the various factors interact in the progression of your overall story.

This is a game under development, it's bound to change over time as you refine your vision. I support your absolute right to create the game you choose, and respect your efforts and commitment.
Thank you for that. You're probably right in that the cash has become redundant. In the beginning, I felt like it made the passing of each day feel a little more complete, and also added to as sense that we obviously don't see every last moment of the MC's day, more like the highlights, if you see what I mean. And it's hard to feel like something that's become a part of the experience (for me at least) is just going to vanish.

I also completely agree about the salary costs for example. It's hard to explain my thinking - sometimes I have a sense of what I'm trying to do and then I'm trying to find a way to reflect that in the game.

So a case in point is Kari's "sluttiness". It's a reflection of how she thinks other people see her. So if you tell her that dress is too short or she's showing too much cleavage, the value increases. But for most other characters, it really is how big of a slut they are. And then you have someone like Lois where that same value might more accurately be called Flirtatious or something.

Likewise the management value is supposed to be from the point of someone who just cares about the short term stock price, whereas the MC is trying to engender a sense that the company should be showing that it's going to take care of its people, etc.

There's a point where MC is arguing the case with Pete and says the treatment of the interns is leaving them open to a lawsuit, and Pete is forced to agree, but then says he'll vote against it.

In fact, there's a story in the news right now about the US Postal Service owing huge amounts of overtime, because managers were doctoring people's timecards to make themselves look more efficient and earn bonuses.

Pete also argues he was just doing his duty when he shafted Mallory in the settlement of the uncle's estate. But he is a lawyer, after all... ;)

There's also a goodorbad variable that tracks more or less altruistic actions to some extent.

But these are all artificial and imperfect approximations of concepts that are really much more involved, which is part of the reason I don't like having stats visible.

I accept that people have limited free time, but there are very few hard limits I think, and certainly I would like to leave it open for someone to pursue a relationship with Ashley (for example) later on.

I'd much rather people play the way they want to play (broadly as a nice guy or not) than pick an action based on the fact that it's +10 Confidence (or whatever) as we've seen in some of the screenshots posted here.

It kind of feels like "painting by numbers" if you guys are familiar with that. Yes, you end up with a picture that's made of paint, but were you really painting? Certainly there was no creativity involved. An imperfect analogy, but hopefully you get my drift.

Okay, I have talked way more than I meant to, going to get back to work!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I will say that I find myself tempted to raise it to three receptionists, but I think we'll push that down the road a little way.

Maybe once MC and Lois start having to go off on business trips, they'll decide they need another person to provide cover.

For right now, I have more than enough on my plate!

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes