Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Final point - I've run into a problem with renpy steadfastly refusing to play video. It thinks it's playing - if I adjust the number of loops the delay matches - but nothing is visible. I'll work around it if I have to, so with or without the video, the update will be available tomorrow evening.
That's strange. My first guesses would be either a codec error or a mistake in the code that presents the displayable to that it's playing it on a surface that isn't actually visible.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I don't know what the hell is going on with the video, and I've wasted way too much time already.

But I'm too tired to take another public arse-kicking if there are any unresolved bugs, so should I get a couple of volunteers to test the new build before I do a full release? Or do I release and hope for the best?

Clearly there will need to be another update (when I've solved the video problem) before I move on to version 0.5.

I hope I'm making sense...

Reactions: CrazyRabbit

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I don't know what the hell is going on with the video, and I've wasted way too much time already.

But I'm too tired to take another public arse-kicking if there are any unresolved bugs, so should I get a couple of volunteers to test the new build before I do a full release? Or do I release and hope for the best?

Clearly there will need to be another update (when I've solved the video problem) before I move on to version 0.5.

Nobody replied yet? Here's my opinion.
If you are worried about the public arse-kicking then you should definitely wait. I don't even suck at coding so I can't help. On the other hand, there's a lot of people here that breathe code and have a knack for finding solutions. So, why not hope for the best and share?
I've been following your story since the first release and think you created something interesting and unique. I feel like you should follow your vision until the end and take what contributes to make it better and not give too much attention most public arse-kicking forms. Your writing and approach shows you're mature enough for that.
It would sadden me to see another project damaged because of too much scrutiny, if that makes any sense.
I guess it's not much of an answer, but that's what I feel about it.
Love what you've done and want to see much more of it!

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020

I mean, if this really bothers you, sure, do a test run. I don't think you should care too much about that, if some people can't accept that there will be a few bugs they should wait to play the full game or at the very least give it a few days, i personally don't mind running into bugs.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Okay, thanks! It was bizarrely quiet for a short time!

Updated build 0402 is on my itch and mega.nz.

I think the bugs listed here all got stepped on.

I'm not 100% happy with the graphics for the last night, some changes to that in the next build.

I am working on better mechanics for things like the hiring selection but that't not done and will also have to wait for next time.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I may be repeating myself somewhat, but here's what I posted to itch about the new build...

I uploaded a new build in the early hours of this morning (September 8) which fixes a few bugs and makes some changes to the gameplay.

Among the most notable changes:

Lois will discourage you from offering Kari or Mallory receptionist jobs. You can ignore her objections, and you'll be allowed to make the offers if you wish. You won't get an answer from either until the next release anyway, so make your own call on that.

It occurred to me that they are both fuller-figured, so you also have the option of MC suggesting Lois is jealous. Take it from me that she won't respond favorably to that, but I guess there must be someone out there that doesn't care for her...

You also have the option to offer either Kayla or Rei an intern (trainee) postion within the Executive Suite staff.

I'm working on enhancements to the menu system, it's not ready yet, which is a shame because it would have made life easier when it came to choosing who to offer the receptionist jobs to. As always, there are limits on what can get done in the time available.

Finally, there's the night of Day 28 (for those of you who do wish to pursue a relationship with Kari). I had some technical issues, so it's not as complete as I had hoped, but it's a step in the right direction.

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
I really don't get this game? At the start I build up all these dominance points, we watch 50 shades of boredom then nothing??? What was the point? Then we pick a PA based on her boobs and nothing??? Seriously, I'm giving driving lessons to Kari when she should be locked up in a BDSM device working off her room & board!

The only sex so far was with coffee girl and it was less than stellar... As old as I am, I like being called Daddy but this game is heading towards the trash basket...

Last edited:

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
I really don't get this game? At the start I build up all these dominance points, we watch 50 shades of boredom then nothing??? What was the point? Then we pick a PA based on her boobs and nothing??? Seriously, I'm giving driving lessons to Kari when she should be locked up in a BDSM device working off her room & board!

The only sex so far was with coffee girl and it was less than stellar... As old as I am, I like being called Daddy but this game is heading towards the trash basket...
You can have sex with Marina?(the office slut) and with Mallory too.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
I would like a deeper approach regarding the interview. For instance, I would care about every candidate, how the company could help them and vice versa. Asking Bree in which field she would actually like to work (producing/creating what?) and with what kind of activity (eg with people or with computers etc). So she could be given some other position in ASi. Rei could be used as an ad model, etc.

Also there are some discrepancies, for instance I didn't hire Aria (dildos and piercings are not what makes you an adult, so I don't like the direction she drives Kari; though I wouldn't mind to have a threesome with her), but driving home MC told Kari that Aria would be hired. (if aria.position != "": ... but it's "Waitress").

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021

I've already mentioned that I'd like to follow up on the 50 Shades thing at some point, but it's not top of my "to do" list.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I would like a deeper approach regarding the interview. For instance, I would care about every candidate, how the company could help them and vice versa. Asking Bree in which field she would actually like to work (producing/creating what?) and with what kind of activity (eg with people or with computers etc). So she could be given some other position in ASi. Rei could be used as an ad model, etc.
I'm not sure if you read my earlier post on this very subject, asking what else people want asked in the interviews?

As it stands, it's trying to give you a feel for each of their characters, so far I'm getting some sense of which seem to resonate, but not a lot of feedback as to how in-depth the interviews should be. It may be that people would find them tedious, I really don't know. Maybe they should be more detailed but split over two days of game time?

I was really hoping to hear more opinions on this but, as has been said before, people are much more forthcoming with complaints!

Also there are some discrepancies, for instance I didn't hire Aria (dildos and piercings are not what makes you an adult, so I don't like the direction she drives Kari; though I wouldn't mind to have a threesome with her), but driving home MC told Kari that Aria would be hired. (if aria.position != "": ... but it's "Waitress").
That was an oversight that has been fixed in the latest build, which is available from mega nz and itch. Not sure if other mirrors were updated - they weren't initiated by me.

Aria was initially just supposed to be a friend who raises Kari's sexual awareness and tries to take her from girl to woman, I guess. Like many things it's not delved into in great depth, although it might be nice to explore in detail at some point.

She's brought up as a potential hire later, but that wasn't a part of the story at the outset.

Again, something that has evolved beyond the initial plot which was very much simpler.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
Hmm.. Dont get the ending, MC just had a meeting with Aria, but when MC meets her in the pizzaria the dont seem to know each other???
Exactly. Even in the meeting with her we got to know each other better and clarified some things.
But it is also that the chosen ones for the job interviews were Cassie and Kari but nevertheless when I talk to Kari I tell her that the chosen one has been Aria.
And about the end of the chapter, it could be that the mc fell asleep and what he is seeing is a dream nothing more

Sho yamato

Sep 12, 2021
I am stuck in day 25.The one were we have to choose between the girls but it is not ending lois just keep telling me who's next.plzz help me

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018
Okay, there are those that disagree with my approach, but I'm the developer of the game and the stats/variables are a mechanism of the game for my use, not the players'.

Bear in mind that this is still a long way from finished, so there are not necessarily outcomes to certain choices yet.

Play according to what you feel you want to do, rather than what some mod might have you believe is the "right" way.

As the game currently stands going with the dark side or the more enlightened path is not likely to irrevocably close off any options.

But it's very much a work in progress, and you certainly can't reach a proper "finish" at this point.
That's fine, that's really all I needed to know. I was one of those kids who went through Choose Your Own Adventure books going through every possible path, and then reading through for those secret chapters.

If choices don't matter yet, then I won't worry about it.

But boy, do I wish other developers were as active as you in the forums. Keep up the good work!

Sep 3, 2020
I'm not sure if you read my earlier post on this very subject, asking what else people want asked in the interviews?

As it stands, it's trying to give you a feel for each of their characters, so far I'm getting some sense of which seem to resonate, but not a lot of feedback as to how in-depth the interviews should be. It may be that people would find them tedious, I really don't know. Maybe they should be more detailed but split over two days of game time?

I was really hoping to hear more opinions on this but, as has been said before, people are much more forthcoming with complaints!

That was an oversight that has been fixed in the latest build, which is available from mega nz and itch. Not sure if other mirrors were updated - they weren't initiated by me.

Aria was initially just supposed to be a friend who raises Kari's sexual awareness and tries to take her from girl to woman, I guess. Like many things it's not delved into in great depth, although it might be nice to explore in detail at some point.

She's brought up as a potential hire later, but that wasn't a part of the story at the outset.

Again, something that has evolved beyond the initial plot which was very much simpler.
well to be fair I'm going to give my girlfriend Kari the job

I know it may sound unfair

but I'm hoping by offering Kari the job I get to spend more time with her in the game and see her even when I'm at work

and can anybody tell me when the update will be released for the public

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
well to be fair I'm going to give my girlfriend Kari the job

I know it may sound unfair

but I'm hoping by offering Kari the job I get to spend more time with her in the game and see her even when I'm at work

and can anybody tell me when the update will be released for the public
Hey that's a good idea. I also thought that we see Kari too precious few times ; and while I think making her our girlfriend will solve this ; making her work with us could be an additional boost.

Sep 3, 2020
Hey that's a good idea. I also thought that we see Kari too precious few times ; and while I think making her our girlfriend will solve this ; making her work with us could be an additional boost.
thank you brother tell me do you have any link to the updated version of the game for me

and yes this game is absolutely wonderful but the only thing that was weird is for a part of the game felt like Kari was gone completely and we barely get to spend any time with her if any

whenever we do see her it's only for a little bit and we don't see any progress in our relationship

but I'm sure. It's a temporary problem and it will be fixed in future updates

and the interviews are. Good but go on for a little too long but then again I could have just been in a hurry to get home to see Kari again

Reactions: CrazyRabbit

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
I've already mentioned that I'd like to follow up on the 50 Shades thing at some point
If they are watching this movie, then it would be great (to have a choice of movies) to be able to choose which movie to watch. For example, select and watch the movie "Venus in Furs"

Last edited:
Reactions: togs-games
3.80 star(s) 70 Votes