Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Why does the game force you to basically cheat on Kari with Lois if you're on a solo Kari path?

By this I mean if you're on a solo Kari path, your resting lust will be kept regularly low by her sexing you, and you won't have other tools to raise it like coffee shopgirl or Lois. In turn, this means that on the Ch37 morning - the following interaction with Kari:
Python:
        scene wake up kari-03 with dissolve

"Kari climbs on top of you."

if lust < 300:

$ tempint = 9 - int( lust / 30 )

$ temp = tempint * 10

$ lust += temp
is basically guaranteed to increase lust to a point where with no decisions able to alter it (absent cheating on Kari more), which in turn dumps you on the "dreamblowjob" at Ch39 start.

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
I recently finished my first playthrough and avoided most of the mistress/sub/slut options in the game (I'll get back to those on a later run). I've scanned through a lot of the pages in this thread looking for answers, but just to get a definitive one, are Lois and Kari the only 2 girls right now that have an option for being a non exclusive girlfriend, or did I maybe miss some?

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Seems you are moving this game from a choices game to a no-choice game, Kari is moved to become a corrupted women having lesbian sex with aria whether or not the mc wants it as a threesome. The crap with the greenfield doctor seems to be again with no choices at all - please tell me if the cult down below will be forced on the MC? Will Kari be finally rid of the adult bar? Will the MC be able to say no to anyone he does not want to have sex with.
And lastly why when Kari starts to yell at the MC for being forced to invest or get financing for the stupid bar is he not able to tell Kari to leave and end the relationship if she wants to continue struting half naked in front of drunk creeps
Your story is sliding down hill

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Why does the game force you to basically cheat on Kari with Lois if you're on a solo Kari path?

By this I mean if you're on a solo Kari path, your resting lust will be kept regularly low by her sexing you, and you won't have other tools to raise it like coffee shopgirl or Lois. In turn, this means that on the Ch37 morning - the following interaction with Kari:
Python:
        scene wake up kari-03 with dissolve

"Kari climbs on top of you."

if lust < 300:

$ tempint = 9 - int( lust / 30 )

$ temp = tempint * 10

$ lust += temp
is basically guaranteed to increase lust to a point where with no decisions able to alter it (absent cheating on Kari more), which in turn dumps you on the "dreamblowjob" at Ch39 start.
You did something wrong then Johnny...easy to stay loyal and faithful to any girl if you so choose. never had a problem with any solo girl run in my many numerous saves. Unmodded or mod and if mod, which one, Jokers or Emelex's?
I recently finished my first playthrough and avoided most of the mistress/sub/slut options in the game (I'll get back to those on a later run). I've scanned through a lot of the pages in this thread looking for answers, but just to get a definitive one, are Lois and Kari the only 2 girls right now that have an option for being a non exclusive girlfriend, or did I maybe miss some?
No, Cassie also has the option but difficult to trigger and so does Kiki later when she joins but picking her option doesn't really do anything currently until togs does some more fixing of her route/script.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
You did something wrong then Johnny...easy to stay loyal and faithful to any girl if you so choose. never had a problem with any solo girl run in my many numerous saves. Unmodded or mod and if mod, which one, Jokers or Emelex's?
No mods, I explained clearly what the coding issue is. The CH39 start bj is automatic with over 200 lust.

Reactions: Emelex

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Seems you are moving this game from a choices game to a no-choice game, Kari is moved to become a corrupted women having lesbian sex with aria whether or not the mc wants it as a threesome. The crap with the greenfield doctor seems to be again with no choices at all - please tell me if the cult down below will be forced on the MC? Will Kari be finally rid of the adult bar? Will the MC be able to say no to anyone he does not want to have sex with.
And lastly why when Kari starts to yell at the MC for being forced to invest or get financing for the stupid bar is he not able to tell Kari to leave and end the relationship if she wants to continue struting half naked in front of drunk creeps
Your story is sliding down hill
I think that this might not be the right game for you.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
It would have been clearer if you hadn't waffled about lust levels, and instead just said that that scene is triggering even if the MC isn't pursuing Lois.
Waffled? That's the condition. As in the game says "if lust > 200:". I can't make it any simpler.

The reason I talked about lust is because that scene COULD be avoidable if through judicious management of lust, you were able to plan another route - but the game deliberately precludes doing that on a kari path as her romp before you leave for your trip shoots up lust as a function of how low your lust is. (I know I know that sounds confusing, it is, but that's what it does.)

Reactions: Kingchaos69

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Waffled? That's the condition. As in the game says "if lust > 200:". I can't make it any simpler.

The reason I talked about lust is because that scene COULD be avoidable if through judicious management of lust, you were able to plan another route - but the game deliberately precludes doing that on a kari path as her romp before you leave for your trip shoots up lust as a function of how low your lust is. (I know I know that sounds confusing, it is, but that's what it does.)
Who gives a shit if it could be avoided by micromanaging lust levels when the bug is clearly that the scene shouldn't be triggering if you're keeping it professional with Lois? That's exactly what I mean by waffling.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Build 1008 available to patrons

Considerably later than anticipated but, as I said before, it grew!

There's probably as much content in the two days of the weekend as there is in most full weeks, but it covers a number of different paths, so you would have to do play several iterations of the game to see it all right now!

As has been discussed before, there are certain types of content that aren't to everyone's taste and I've gone to great lengths to flag things. I'll post a preview image later.

But I do think there's something for everyone.
If you're NOT dating Kari, she'll propose moving out and that leads to a number of options. You can have her move to another apartment or remain as your roommate, either long term or just until you move to the new house (with or without her).

You meet Suzie for coffee. The question then becomes whether or not you want to kindle an old flame.
If you're on the "making babies" path, you'll take the girls to check out the new house and, if Lois is a girlfriend now, she'll be invited to tag along. You'll also get a glimpse of her new car!

You'll meet Trevor for a drink on Sunday and talk about a double-date with him and his new girlfriend.
All this and more in this build and lots more to come in the days and weeks ahead!

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019

The Roommate [v0.10.08] [togs]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 346 MB

PC/MAC: (1 week) - -

PC = Windows and Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
Hmm the game is going in swinging path, this update was bigger than expected but hoped he would concentrate on the exixting girls they have so much more potential and he is going in two paths one is manwhore path and the other path in open relationships for all, the updates for future are going to be harder to make when he gets these two paths with more models.

OttO45

Aug 24, 2022
Strange when i load my save from 10.07 , which ended on friday day 75 , it just back to menu and no traceback

CaptainPost

Mar 9, 2019
I got this error at the end of the sex scene with Aria and Kari. It was a fresh install using the Joker mod and a save from the last version.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch73.rpy", line 659, in script call
    call AriaKariThreesome from d73_threesome
ScriptError: could not find label 'reduceLust'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ariadates.rpyc", line 204, in script call
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1490, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "ariadates.rpyc", line 204, in script call
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'reduceLust'.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.10.08
Tue Jan 30 15:47:26 2024

Maevos

May 4, 2019
According to the calendar Kira has two entries on Friday 17, in the afternoon and the evening. But there are no scenes with her after the meeting with Greenfield. MC goes to bed "cursing that he screwed up with Kira". I don't remember screwing up anything. Is this a path issue?

Kari is a girlfriend, not his wife. Perhaps that's why I'm having this issue with her sister? The game checks the "kira.relationship = wife" variable before MC goes to bed.

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes