Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't think this is actually true, I'd probably say based on the existing poll at the top it's probably at best 50/50 and realistically somewhat weighted more toward the "dark path". That position based on it being an adult game and there typically being more stuff on those paths to cater to that, and that based on that poll about 50% want slut or submissive and then another 25% want non exclusive girlfriend which I believe there are probably some portion that would choose "dark path" relationships for others if they want a harem.

Not looking to start a ruckus I think the solution of making things optional and not forcing things is great and should be implemented but I think the dislike of the "dark path" is probably a bit overblown based on how vocal the people that don't like it are.
What the hell are you talking about? The poll doesn't have anything to do with the cuck content that togs stupidly confuses with "dark".

Reactions: mofonistik

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I think a lot of it comes down to vague language. There may be plenty of people who are fine with what some would call 'dark' content (D/s-relationships and other bdsm elements, the MC being a bit of a prick in general) but aren't into the sharing/sluttification vibe that the game has increasingly been leaning into.

The poll at the top of the thread was made a year-and-a-half ago when the relationship with Lois started to branch out and doesn't really reflect the game's current direction, IMO.

/noruckus
Usually I hate any kind of data collection by games, but this is one case where I wish the results of the monogamy/group sex questionaire near end were recorded and uploaded to dev. It'd be interesting to see what the actual numbers are. My hunch is that it's the common case of the patreon fanbase leaning one way with f95 vocally leaning the other. I could certainly be wrong though.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Usually I hate any kind of data collection by games, but this is one case where I wish the results of the monogamy/group sex questionaire near end were recorded and uploaded to dev. It'd be interesting to see what the actual numbers are. My hunch is that it's the common case of the patreon fanbase leaning one way with f95 vocally leaning the other. I could certainly be wrong though.
I'm not interested enough to think that in-game analytics would be in any way excusable, but did wonder what the point was of such a detailed questionnaire when it's (at least currenlty) used for nothing at all.

And yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that some of togs' Patreon supporters are big into the sharing/whoring stuff. How many and at what tier I've no idea. But if he's relying on that revenue stream it's understandable that their wishes carry more weight than the no-good freeloaders over on this site.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I'm not interested enough to think that in-game analytics would be in any way excusable, but did wonder what the point was of such a detailed questionnaire when it's (at least currenlty) used for nothing at all.
too true at what could be a valuable tool has been used and abused so much by developers that distrust is well warranted.

Reactions: gregers

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018

And yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that some of togs' Patreon supporters are big into the sharing/whoring stuff. How many and at what tier I've no idea. But if he's relying on that revenue stream it's understandable that their wishes carry more weight than the no-good freeloaders over on this site.
I just wish people, in general, would stop getting so butt hurt over shit. Each of us have had our own experiences in life and we all have different thoughts and feelings about shit. Of course there are going to be those who hate even the whisper of NTR while there are going to be others who want to see some sluttification. Interestingly, this thread has been pretty balanced, but the dev has obviously been getting some communications we are not seeing and I think that's too bad because the dude seems to be taking it pretty hard.

And speaking as one of his supporters, I think if we were all into the sharing/whoring stuff then this would not be an issue. In my experience, he is probably getting it from the non-sharing/whoring group but it is not really "public". I am sure he is getting it as DM or private conversations.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I just wish people, in general, would stop getting so butt hurt over shit. Each of us have had our own experiences in life and we all have different thoughts and feelings about shit. Of course there are going to be those who hate even the whisper of NTR while there are going to be others who want to see some sluttification. Interestingly, this thread has been pretty balanced, but the dev has obviously been getting some communications we are not seeing and I think that's too bad because the dude seems to be taking it pretty hard.

And speaking as one of his supporters, I think if we were all into the sharing/whoring stuff then this would not be an issue. In my experience, he is probably getting it from the non-sharing/whoring group but it is not really "public". I am sure he is getting it as DM or private conversations.

It has nothing to do with NTR being in the game, or the girls becoming 'slutty'. It has to do with the inconsistency, and the girls becoming more and more slutty without player input. If it was like this from the beginning of the game, no one would bat an eye. I'm not even talking about revealing clothes, I don't really give much of a shit about that. It's more-so their behavior and attitude. Neither Kari, nor Lois, were anything like they are now at the start of the game.

I have no problem with an OPTION for the girls to become more liberal with their outfits, or becoming whores, or whatever the case may be. I just wish it was optional, since for the most part all content like this was optional at one point, then it just suddenly wasn't. I have no idea if this is due to workload, or pressure from patreons, or whatever the case may be. I do know though that, it sucks for those of us that were enjoying a game that was once something fun and full of choice, that is slowly devolving into a sudo kinetic novel full of increasingly slutty "love interests" and paths that hardly matter for certain characters anymore. Where our choices don't matter all that much, and things are being forced by the plot.

At this point, might as well just default all love interests to a slut or whore path, and turn it into a full fledged sharing extravaganza where the MC just let's them do whatever the hell they want, and they can run around wearing nothing at all.

/rant over

Last edited:

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
IMO in the next update I wanted it to be possible to lay off the biggest whores collectively. And also the possibility of breaking up with some people outside the company. I would keep one or two girls. Or just that obedient cult in the basement.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
It has nothing to do with NTR being in the game, or the girls becoming 'slutty'. It has to do with the inconsistency, and the girls becoming more and more slutty without player input. If it was like this from the beginning of the game, no one would bat an eye. I'm not even talking about revealing clothes, I don't really give much of a shit about that. It's more-so their behavior and attitude. Neither Kari, nor Lois, were anything like they are now at the start of the game.

I have no problem with an OPTION for the girls to become more liberal with their outfits, or becoming whores, or whatever the case may be. I just wish it was optional, since for the most part all content like this was optional at one point, then it just suddenly wasn't. I have no idea if this is due to workload, or pressure from patreons, or whatever the case may be. I do know though that, it sucks for those of us that were enjoying a game that was once something fun and full of choice, that is slowly devolving into a sudo kinetic novel full of increasingly slutty "love interests" and paths that hardly matter for certain characters anymore. Where our choices don't matter all that much, and things are being forced by the plot.

At this point, might as well just default all love interests to a slut or whore path, and turn it into a full fledged sharing extravaganza, where the MC just let's them do whatever the hell they want, and they can run around wearing nothing at all.

/rant over
And to build on that, it's everything without player input, leaving fans of all fetishes disappointed.

You want Lori to be a kind and innocent girlfriend? Too bad.

You want to not go a pregnancy harem path with the sisters? Too bad.

You want to get Kari far away from the breastaurant? Too bad.

You want to encourage your girlfriend Kari to get more wild at the restaurant? Too bad.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021

At this point, might as well just default all love interests to a slut or whore path, and turn it into a full fledged sharing extravaganza, where the MC just let's them do whatever the hell they want, and they can run around wearing nothing at all.

/rant over
It's really dissapointing what this game is becoming isn't it bro?
And we can't be the only ones upset if the dev had to adess the issue with his patrons.
You know me I love promiscuous girls but it just feels so different to the start of the story right now.

LordWanze

Jan 27, 2022
First I have to say that I adore most characters in this game.
I enjoyed the story overall so far and I'm excited to dive deeper into it.
Most of the times I even liked the MC, which is rather rare, especially in more fetish-oriented games.
I was happy to learn that I could actually get rid of LIs I disliked, like Mallory and the Ex.
I was rather surprised when the story focus shifted from the roommate to the PA, which I preferred anyway (like a majority of others, it seems).

I still don't get why halfway into the story the slut talk the sharing and Aria gets so pushed onto the MC.
There's literally not a single point in the story where that's necessary.

Just make a variable that checks if you choose related options earlier and simply hide all the conversations if you didn't. I don't think it's even necessary to ask later on.

It would also fix the wast amount of complaints about the new PA, as we don't have to suffer through monologues about gang rapes and who she'd like to ride besides us.

Same with the whorehouse Kari works for. Just give the option to say no to Maddie and make that a point to cut all the related content. People who dislike that won't miss any content that would be cut anyway.

The last scene where we again had no agency in chosing if we want to service the old dude with one of our LIs shows that the core problem is still not communicated to the dev properly. A simple "nah I won't invite him" option to again skip this meaningless evening, maybe with a short alternate sex scene with one of the LIs, and most players wouldn't care if the evening ends in a sharing fuck fest.

Like a lot of comments already stated: the player agency were there, why was it taken from us?

internet_says

Jul 17, 2017
Like a lot of comments already stated: the player agency were there, why was it taken from us?
I would say it is probably a first time dev realizing that providing choices creates a tremendous amount of work to create multiple versions of the same scene but when playing it you only get 1 version so the update feels short and telling a story that makes sense is hard when you try to make almost any scene avoidable.

In short it is probably just difficult balancing the choice players have become accustom to, the story making sense, and the exponential amount of work compounding choices creates.

bigtommyd

Oct 3, 2022
I would say it is probably a first time dev realizing that providing choices creates a tremendous amount of work to create multiple versions of the same scene but when playing it you only get 1 version so the update feels short and telling a story that makes sense is hard when you try to make almost any scene avoidable.

In short it is probably just difficult balancing the choice players have become accustom to, the story making sense, and the exponential amount of work compounding choices creates.
And there's your winner. When I first discovered this game a couple of years ago, I was really impressed by the writing but it became obvious halfway through my first playthrough that it was growing out of control. Too many characters, too many side paths and wayyyy too many variables. I don't have any particularly strong feelings either way about the "dark path" and while I'm normally a "if you're not having fun, just stop playing and stop whining about it" kind of person, I get why people are irritated with the direction this game has slowly devolved in to. So many of the choices are dead ends, the characters often act in ways counter to the choices you make and the things they say and most of that is because he's trying to stuff 10 lbs. of shit in a 5 lb. bag.

There's no way togs is going to be able to reasonably finish this game in a satisfying manner for ANYONE with all of the loose ends he has to tie up. The sister harem alone is a complete game idea but he's trying to juggle that with the Lactomax story which is a complete game idea and all of the whore/BDSM stuff. And that's before we even get to the 15 other women that are sort of optional, the weird cult harem in the basement and the company management piece that comes and goes depending on the update. There's simply no way to reasonably finish all of those intertwining stories without either working on the game until the day you die trying to account for all of the variables or simply giving up at some point and pulling a Mass Effect 3 where all of the choices end up boiling down to one ending with a few lines of flavor text that say "you sure did do that thing back on day 75!"

In short, the game is a project manager's nightmare: an absurd amount of scope creep with seemingly no outline or process map. He just takes everyone's requests (some a little more seriously if you're doling out big Patreon dollars) and the game becomes more and more bloated and near impossible to balance. I wish the guy the best as he's clearly talented and well-intentioned but he's written himself in to a corner and he's going to have to make some difficult decisions at some point that are going to piss a lot of people off.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018

The game was pretty vanilla when it came out, an early controversy was about Kari sneaking out and hiding that from the MC, might have been also a kiss?(forgot the details, you can still find remnants of that fight in the early pages)Well that was enough to get that entire storyline scraped pretty much, so its fair to say that the early fanbase was more vanilla leaning.

But with each update, new controversies and 'mistakes' that were walked 1 step back in a later patch, while at the same time moving 2 steps forward in the next update, it started leaning more on free sex/'dark content', the plot became more and more ridiculous, at this point you would have to be disingenuous to not see that as the bigger focus. Vanilla is what now, 1/3, 1/4 of the total content a girl has across all routes?
I am actually shocked he publicly acknowledged this happening because it was my impression he was feigning ignorance the last few controversies it happened.

People interested in the type of content throwing exorbitant amounts of money to realize their dream scenario(s) with the characters they like is nothing new in the genre, that doesn't make it less disappointing that games get shaped around them, if it was from the 0.1 catering to them and now they were paying for more, sure fair enough, but I don't think it was the case with this game. (Granted I haven't played since early on and only come back every other update just to read the thread, so I might have redacted info.)

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
(Granted I haven't played since early on and only come back every other update just to read the thread, so I might have redacted info.)
That's an overreaction and to be fair, as you say, you cannot really make any comment as you have not played in God know's how long. You're commenting and making reactions based on other people's words. Never wise, especially when half of them whine about shit that isn't even worth whining about. But hey, it's F95, people here whine they canp;t fuck their mother's dog ffs.

Most are overreacting many are fragile. There is still no fucking NTR, yes the slut/sharing paths seem to be taking a precedence lately.

None of that matters and is all perfectly fine. What does need addressing is the multitude of plots, stories that have gone nowhere, the multitude of women in the story who have code to be romanced but well, probably more chance of screwing Omega at this point than some of the girls that have been in since the first couple of weeks.

People whining about baby-making. it's OPTIONAL and togs has stated more than once, there will be another way to cure yourself. So if poeple don't want to play happy harem families with Kari and her sisters...no one needs to! (however, I will concede,m if not on any path at all with Kari but you have agree'd to the baby-making, she should not be slutting herself out...completely agree with that).

Just fix the loose ends, fix the story (though not actually sure there is an actual story at the moment), fix the damn bugs, stops introfucing new plots, new girls, new ideas...and start tidying things up. This is what this VN needs right now more than anything.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Most are overreacting many are fragile. There is still no fucking NTR, yes the slut/sharing paths seem to be taking a precedence lately.
While I do agree mostly with what you're saying, it's not even that the slut/sharing paths are taking precedence. It's that elements of those paths are seeping into the girlfriend/romance paths... it's just all inconsistent and non-sensical. I do hope the game improves, and like I have said, I'm willing to give it another shot in the future if it does. It's too much of a mess currently.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
People whining about baby-making. it's OPTIONAL and togs has stated more than once, there will be another way to cure yourself. So if poeple don't want to play happy harem families with Kari and her sisters...no one needs to! (however, I will concede,m if not on any path at all with Kari but you have agree'd to the baby-making, she should not be slutting herself out...completely agree with that).
Moderation of this point - and do correct me if I'm wrong; I thought the whole sisters babymaking path was forced on the player IF they are on a Kari girlfriend path. You get the choice with "Proceed with Dr Klein's (whatever his name is) plan?" / "Find another solution?", but AFAIK the 'Find another solution' path either isn't implemented or really doesn't do anything, all the other sisters still throw themselves at you again and again.

Last edited:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Moderation of this point - and do correct me if I'm wrong; I thought the whole sisters babymaking path was forced on the player IF they are on a Kari girlfriend path. You get the choice with "Proceed with Dr Klein's (whatever his name is) plan?" / "Find another solution?", but AFAIK the 'Find another solution path either isn't implemented or really doesn't do anything, all the other sisters still throw themselves at you again and again.
Nope. Can be with Kari and still opt out and not go through with it.

However, given the coding with this....it is entirely possible that depending on prior choices etc the code doesn't let you heh. I have numerous saves with Kari where not on the baby plan.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Nope. Can be with Kari and still opt out and not go through with it.

However, given the coding with this....it is entirely possible that depending on prior choices etc the code doesn't let you heh. I have numerous saves with Kari where not on the baby plan.
Wait now I'm entirely confused! You say it is possible to be with Kari as your gf and not do the preggers path, okay, I believe you.

But then you say that prior choices can nullify the ability to make that choice? Which forks are we talking about?

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Wait now I'm entirely confused! You say it is possible to be with Kari as your gf and not do the preggers path, okay, I believe you.
Correct.
But then you say that prior choices can nullify the ability to make that choice? Which forks are we talking about?
No, I'm saying it possible due to how much bad code there is that something else unrelated could be stopping the choice if you have never had the option. What that could be, who the hell knows.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
The game was pretty vanilla when it came out, an early controversy was about Kari sneaking out and hiding that from the MC, might have been also a kiss?(forgot the details, you can still find remnants of that fight in the early pages)Well that was enough to get that entire storyline scraped pretty much, so its fair to say that the early fanbase was more vanilla leaning.

But with each update, new controversies and 'mistakes' that were walked 1 step back in a later patch, while at the same time moving 2 steps forward in the next update, it started leaning more on free sex/'dark content', the plot became more and more ridiculous, at this point you would have to be disingenuous to not see that as the bigger focus. Vanilla is what now, 1/3, 1/4 of the total content a girl has across all routes?
I am actually shocked he publicly acknowledged this happening because it was my impression he was feigning ignorance the last few controversies it happened.

People interested in the type of content throwing exorbitant amounts of money to realize their dream scenario(s) with the characters they like is nothing new in the genre, that doesn't make it less disappointing that games get shaped around them, if it was from the 0.1 catering to them and now they were paying for more, sure fair enough, but I don't think it was the case with this game. (Granted I haven't played since early on and only come back every other update just to read the thread, so I might have redacted info.)
I am a big fan of the game. I was not at the beginning because there were a lot of strange paths and even the basic decisions seemed to not have any purpose. I was also not a fan of having Kari basically forced on you but I realized she was the core of the story so it was silly for me to think that way.

Having said that, I am well aware of the plot holes and coding issues as well as the myriad of LIs that seems to randomly fall into and out of the story. I am also surprised the dev continues to introduces new LIs like the cop or the old GF. My MC made a deal to be a sugar daddy with the LI from the coffee shop and that went no where despite the fact the money keeps getting pulled out of his account. I will also admit I found it completely out of character for Kari to suddenly show up in the back room of the TKilt turning tricks just because the MC was not interested in her.

Acknowledging all of that, the dev does continue to produce regular updates and is moving the story forward for the most part. It is possible I have been a little oblivious to some of the problems because I tend to like some of the "dark" things, but we still have to give the dev some props for continuing to produce updates when so many devs cut and run (including me) and never finish a project. Additionally, he does it all himself. Coding, artwork, story.... that's tough to do and an awful lot of work. So for him to cowtow to the peeps who are paying him... well... it's hard to argue that. He has to do what's best for him.

Personally, I would like to see him take a pause and take stock of everything, create a plan to move forward, tighten up the story and then start up again.

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes