Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
What should we be looking out for in this Build? Can you make a small Bug log?
As far as I can tell at first glance, only the scripts for Chapters 37-43 have been changed in the v0.6.6 update.
Other changes the game has made in the past:
Between v0.4.7 and v0.5.2, the Shower Wank pictures where changed from a side position where you can see the protagonist's face and genitals to a back position where you can see his back and buttocks.
Between v0.2 and v0.3, a preview render showing an early version of an oral scene with Kari was removed and has never been put back since, which made me greatly lament deleting my copy of v0.2.
If an update to the walkthrough mod isn't made for v0.6.6 soon, I'll try to make one when I have time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deckmaster

Prince01

Jun 1, 2018
This is so crappy, import game as per instructions, play for a bit, then try and same, and it throws you to day 1, coding is just bad when you cannot load your previous saves.....

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
What should we be looking out for in this Build? Can you make a small Bug log?
Yes, sorry, I just got back from a trip and I'm so tired I can't even think straight.

Mostly adjustments in response to comments here from gregers, vleder, MoP, Emelex , revealer, and maybe one or two others.

Someone had suggested that one possible problem might be the game jumping to ch99 at the end. So instead it the wrap-up code is moved to the following day (ch43 in this instance). That way, when the new version comes out it would "fall through" to the new content rather than end of game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Probably some more bad coding too.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
As a quick aside, I've been meaning to provide some of the assets I've made for others to use.

Currently pending approval are Kari's keys, which you can see on the kitchen counter on the morning of Day 41.

It's a generic car remote keyfob with a house key attached, posed to be placed on a flat surface (rather than held).

Not intended for close scrutiny, but adequate to their purpose (for my needs anyway).

They should appear in renderosity's freebies section a little later.

Promo.png

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Yes, sorry, I just got back from a trip and I'm so tired I can't even think straight.

Mostly adjustments in response to comments here from gregers, vleder, MoP, Emelex , revealer, and maybe one or two others.

Someone had suggested that one possible problem might be the game jumping to ch99 at the end. So instead it the wrap-up code is moved to the following day (ch43 in this instance). That way, when the new version comes out it would "fall through" to the new content rather than end of game.

Probably some more bad coding too.
I like all the changes in this update, but I still wish the game came with a way to get
And I hope more game assets can be released in the future.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I like all the changes in this update, but I still wish the game came with a way to...[/SPOILER]
Glad you liked the changes - anxious to see if I've managed to check most people's boxes.

As to the other thing, I understand that you might want that, but it seems like a stretch! I'm sure there'll be PLENTY of opportunities to get her kit off as we go forward.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Glad you liked the changes - anxious to see if I've managed to check most people's boxes.
I haven't had any save issues so can't speak to that and only skimmed through the revised version, but from what I saw you've managed to finesse around the issues I'd noticed, with a few extra lines of dialogue here and there to help smooth out the roughs.

Only exception is the age issue, but there's no easy way around that that I can see.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I haven't had any save issues so can't speak to that and only skimmed through the revised version, but from what I saw you've managed to finesse around the issues I'd noticed, with a few extra lines of dialogue here and there to help smooth out the roughs.

Only exception is the [potential] age issue, but there's no easy way around that that I can see.
It's obvious. Time travel.

May 18, 2022
I'm sorry, but as the (first time) dev of a game that is clearly and repeatedly stated to be a work in progress, that kind of comes with the territory. The load issues are a extremely frustrating, but I'm certainly not going to apologize for "reworking shit", especially as much of that is driven by feedback from here. Consider yourself a beta tester or you can always ask for a refund... ;p
It's a great vn as I stated. Why would I want a refund? All I was trying to say is please dont get lost in the world of reworking shit like so many first time devs do. Learn make move on. Or you can go the way of so many others and leave a lot of potential and talent in a never ending WIP.

I didnt mean to offend you. I finally got the damn update to work by going all the way back to the morning before the plane trip.

I wish you good luck and a tad thicker skin. I am a fan

Reactions: togs-games

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
There'll be more. For the moment, the keys have been approved and they are available to download.
Another quick note, I think there is a typo in ch41.rpy from v0605 that wasn't fixed in v0606:
"Yes, I said I thought having another women there might be better."
It should probably be "woman" singular in this case.

Reactions: togs-games

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It's a great vn as I stated. Why would I want a refund? All I was trying to say is please dont get lost in the world of reworking shit like so many first time devs do. Learn make move on. Or you can go the way of so many others and leave a lot of potential and talent in a never ending WIP.

I didnt mean to offend you. I finally got the damn update to work by going all the way back to the morning before the plane trip.

I wish you good luck and a tad thicker skin. I am a fan
Yes, I'm sorry, it's been a long shitty week. But I think it's unavoidable, at least from my perspective. I don't see myself trotting these out every couple of months - this game is a year old now and I don't feel like I'm anything like close to being done. So I want to get it right as far as possible.

As I said a few days back, I would like to tie this up soon-ish and move on to a chapter two or whatever. But the story will continue if there's an audience for it.

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I made an update to JokerLeader's v0.6.5 walkthrough mod for v0.6.6, though retaining the roleplay option from my earlier mod and also adding an option to carry Lois into the shower right before you leave for your return flight. I also fixed another bug in the game where seeing a dream blowjob scene seemingly causes the player not to see a scripted sex scene later.

EDIT: This mod might not work on previous saves made before Chapter 36. You might have to load an old save from Chapter 35 or earlier for it to work. Saves you make with this mod installed afterwards should be fine, though I wouldn't know if they would still be compatible with future versions of the game that haven't been released yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deckmaster

konstant61

May 3, 2017
I made an update to JokerLeader's v0.6.5 walkthrough mod for v0.6.6, though retaining the roleplay option from my earlier mod and also adding an option to carry Lois into the shower right before you leave for your return flight. I also fixed another bug in the game where seeing a dream blowjob scene seemingly causes the player not to see a scripted sex scene later.

the mod does not function,when loading saves,the game returns to the menu....

Without mod the game functions normally

P.S. and the mod is not complete,ch42 is missing

miserably...

translated with Bing Translator

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
the mod does not function,when loading saves,the game returns to the menu....

Without mod the game functions normally

P.S. and the mod is not complete,ch42 is missing

miserably...

translated with Bing Translator
I'm sorry, I wouldn't have released the mod if I thought it was having so many issues. I'll try to test the mod some more to see what went wrong and fix it soon.

EDIT: I tested the mod, and I think it should work if you try it on a previous save made before Chapter 36. Saves made afterwards will require a tricky bit of rollback and replay to function. I didn't add any edits to Chapter 42 because there aren't any choices in that chapter, and thus no reason for it to have a walkthrough. So the base script for Ch42 that comes with v0.6.6 will work just fine. If you could send me the particular save file that's troubling you, I could load it into the game and try to edit the mod to make it work.

Last edited:

Lumpy2001

Sep 15, 2017
I'm preparing a new build (0606). This is a direct response to some of the issues raised here, should be considered experimental, and isn't going to be posted elsewhere until I've had some feedback. It definitely includes "reworking shit" as well as fixing a few typos, etc.

I'd suggest going back to the reception/ball at Marcus's, if possible, and going forward from there.

The other thing I would like some of you that have had problems with loading old saves to try is the import/export function:

- in whatever previous version you were using, load a saved game* and right-click to bring up the Save Menu.
- select Export Data and quit the game
- now load the latest build, click Start (New Game), then right-click to bring up the Save Menu
- select Import Data. The game should now jump to the start of whichever day you were at

* Because the Import Function jumps to the start of the day, it's best to use a save from reasonably early morning.
Just to let you know, this is what I get when I did the Export/Import thing you mentioned.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 80, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'G:\\Random Crap\\New folder (7)\\New folder (2)\\UPDATES\\The_Roommate-0.5.2-win\\The_Roommate-0.6.5-win\\The_Roommate-0.6.5-win\\game\\saves\\roommate.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script call
    $ ui.interact()
  File "functions.rpyc", line 65, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/compat/__init__.py", line 94, in compat_open
    return python_open(*args, **kwargs)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'G:\\Random Crap\\New folder (7)\\New folder (2)\\UPDATES\\The_Roommate-0.5.2-win\\The_Roommate-0.6.5-win\\The_Roommate-0.6.5-win\\game\\saves\\roommate.txt'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.6.5
Mon May 23 19:34:47 2022

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just to let you know, this is what I get when I did the Export/Import thing you mentioned.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Looking at that path, I'm not surprised! Try tidying up the folder structure a bit first.

Nice to know my hard work qualifies for the "Random Crap" category! ;p

Seriously though, I would try to streamline that a bit.

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes