• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RooneyCZ

Mar 28, 2022
In many VNs i just enable the skip unseen text as the story isnt much...but this one....this one has ma glued to every line of the text...hucows? hucows! Lois? O-M-G!!! She is killing it...with the wardrobe AND with the dialogue between her and the MC...also thank you dev for the "info" - nice touch! And for putting one of the hucows facilities in my humble middle Europe country :D

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Alright, my apologies.

Firstly for my bad sex scenes. Sorry I'm not the greatest artist in the world. Feel free to volunteer if you feel you can do better! The problem with doing this ort of thing solo is that you have to be the writer, programmer, artist, render-wrangler, tech support guy and still do your job and spend an occasional hour with family.

Secondly for my absence since my last post - the wheels totally came off at work and it's been a total shitstorm for the last three weeks.

The good news is that I expect to upload the beta test build TONIGHT for those of you who previously volunteered - I will send you a personal message with details and caveats. It's perfectly okay if you decide you don't want to follow up at this stage.

Why the whole beta test thing?

Firstly for immediate feedback on some major story points and how they are revealed. These have been long planned, but I want to make sure things make sense and don't seem too rushed. Sometimes things that seem perfectly clear in my head don't necessarily come across as intended. It's possible it might be better to break the two major things into separate weeks.

There are also some unfinished and missing minor scenes - morning coffee, dinner times, etc.

Beyond the beta test, I'm working on introducing the individual stories for the receptionists. Cassie and Bree are included at this point, I hope to have Jenny and Rei done by the time we're ready for a release, and Aria and Kayla will be in the next release (week eight).

Also, as a side note, the assholes at the hosting company for togs-3d.com jacked up the rate by 400% so that went bye-bye. I have retained the name but need to get a new site up and running. Just not the biggest priority right now.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
here's an odd one for ya ... when i saved it here .... when i reload it , it always says this same thing ... isn't Tilly my flight attendant :ROFLMAO:
That's one I haven't seen before! I'm guessing a variable isn't sticking when you saved - try rolling back a little and going past that point and then see if it happens again? I will have a quick look at what's going on at that point and see if I can find a fix for the next build.

Fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emelex

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
In many VNs i just enable the skip unseen text as the story isnt much...but this one....this one has ma glued to every line of the text...hucows? hucows! Lois? O-M-G!!! She is killing it...with the wardrobe AND with the dialogue between her and the MC...also thank you dev for the "info" - nice touch! And for putting one of the hucows facilities in my humble middle Europe country :D
Glad you liked it. As to putting one of the facilities there, I was involved in a movie shoot at Barrandov Studios many years ago, and have very fond memories of my time in Prague (to say nothing of some adventures that wouldn't be out of place in "The Roommate")!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans98 and Emelex

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
That's one I haven't seen before! I'm guessing a variable isn't sticking when you saved - try rolling back a little and going past that point and then see if it happens again? I will have a quick look at what's going on at that point and see if I can find a fix for the next build.

Fixed.
its cool ... when i click on screen it changes to what should be there ... its just everytime i reload that point :)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Alright, my apologies.

Firstly for my bad sex scenes. Sorry I'm not the greatest artist in the world. Feel free to volunteer if you feel you can do better! The problem with doing this ort of thing solo is that you have to be the writer, programmer, artist, render-wrangler, tech support guy and still do your job and spend an occasional hour with family.

Secondly for my absence since my last post - the wheels totally came off at work and it's been a total shitstorm for the last three weeks.

The good news is that I expect to upload the beta test build TONIGHT for those of you who previously volunteered - I will send you a personal message with details and caveats. It's perfectly okay if you decide you don't want to follow up at this stage.

Why the whole beta test thing?

Firstly for immediate feedback on some major story points and how they are revealed. These have been long planned, but I want to make sure things make sense and don't seem too rushed. Sometimes things that seem perfectly clear in my head don't necessarily come across as intended. It's possible it might be better to break the two major things into separate weeks.

There are also some unfinished and missing minor scenes - morning coffee, dinner times, etc.

Beyond the beta test, I'm working on introducing the individual stories for the receptionists. Cassie and Bree are included at this point, I hope to have Jenny and Rei done by the time we're ready for a release, and Aria and Kayla will be in the next release (week eight).

Also, as a side note, the assholes at the hosting company for togs-3d.com jacked up the rate by 400% so that went bye-bye. I have retained the name but need to get a new site up and running. Just not the biggest priority right now.
Good to have you back! Sorry to hear people are crapping on your work. Sorrier to hear about the website. Even sorrier to hear your day job is hell. I hope you will be able to get some time for yourself after this release.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Good to have you back! Sorry to hear people are crapping on your work. Sorrier to hear about the website. Even sorrier to hear your day job is hell. I hope you will be able to get some time for yourself after this release.
The criticism is fair enough. Animation is definitely not my strong suit. But I only played a couple of these games before was disatisfied enough to where I decided to do my own - what's the "Gold Standard"?

Give me ONE game I should look at - I seriously don't have time to spend on half a dozen!

The website is an annoyance. I've switch from GoDaddy to FatCow, just need to cobble some new pages together.

As to the day job, there are times when I love it and there are times when it's an unrelenting nightmare, but that's life.

Doing this is mostly fun. It would be cool, in theory, to have help, but I'm very clear in my own mind what I want to do and that's a lot to impose on someone else - I'm sure they'd end up feeling like a slave rather than a partner. There's not enough money in something like this to pay someone and slaves are remarkably hard to come by!

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Reactions: togs-games

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
The criticism is fair enough. Animation is definitely not my strong suit. But I only played a couple of these games before was disatisfied enough to where I decided to do my own - what's the "Gold Standard"?

Give me ONE game I should look at - I seriously don't have time to spend on half a dozen!

The website is an annoyance. I've switch from GoDaddy to FatCow, just need to cobble some new pages together.

As to the day job, there are times when I love it and there are times when it's an unrelenting nightmare, but that's life.

Doing this is mostly fun. It would be cool, in theory, to have help, but I'm very clear in my own mind what I want to do and that's a lot to impose on someone else - I'm sure they'd end up feeling like a slave rather than a partner. There's not enough money in something like this to pay someone and slaves are remarkably hard to come by!
Animations would add a metric fuck ton to your work load until you get really proficient at it and have the right hardware for it. You will probably find help in that department in the Dev only section of the forums.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
...the wheels totally came off at work and it's been a total shitstorm for the last three weeks.
With everyone around you falling sick, I feared you'd been caught too. Glad it's "just" too much work.

Animations would add a metric fuck ton to your work load...
Couldn't agree more.
With some great exceptions (MIST, Tales from the Unending Void, etc.), animations are very low quality on average and it's importance overrated, in my opinion.

A good succession of great stills works better than the standard everyday animation. You'll waste a lot of time you don't have and put a lot of stress on your hardware.

Reifon

Nov 7, 2017
To be honest, I don't think animation is a must, of course it's a plus point, but compared to animation, I care more about the quality of the story, it's useless if the story is badly told and the animation is done well.

Some people take animations for granted, but that requires some decent equipment to support, and if your equipment isn't good enough, you might spend the whole day doing a few animations,but the finished product is a failure, and then you waste the whole day,those wasted time may be used to render more character content.

If that takes too much time, adding animations to those scenes later is also a way, of course, if those who care about animation can provide equipment to creators;), then I believe that more and faster animations are not impossible

Your story has piqued my curiosity and I can't wait to see what happened next, please keep going togs-games:)

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Animations would add a metric fuck ton to your work load until you get really proficient at it and have the right hardware for it. You will probably find help in that department in the Dev only section of the forums.
I should rephrase that. Give me a line on whatever game you guys consider "does sex" the best.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020

GoDaddy has been screwing me also for a couple of years I may have to look inti FatCow......

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

I've always thought that animation is so deeply specialized that it should be subcontracted. I've not included any in my game and usually used a succession of still images in my sex scenes. Good animations don't always equate with a good game, and putting too much work into them can be to the detriment of the project. "Where It All Began" had probably the best animation on the site and Ocean was so dissatisfied with it that he scrapped the whole game and started it over. Its current version, which I like to call "Where It Keeps Beginning" also has the makings of a masterpiece but is so infrequently updated that it is unlikely to ever be finished. You have to strike a delicate balance and I think if you have to choose between animations and the story progressing it is the animations that need to get the ax.

3.80 star(s) 70 Votes