Savio

Jan 9, 2018
togs-games

You might want to change some code in the functions.rpy

$ list = ["euclidean geometry", "Marilyn Manson", "reality TV", "Rosie O'Donnell", "Stephen Hawking" ]
$ tempint = renpy.random.randint(0,4)
$ temp = list[tempint]

You are setting here a variable named list which normally is the constructor of Python lists and thus overwriting the constructor, which might break code everywhere. Maybe just rename the list here to tmp_list or similar would do the trick.

or you could also just do:

$ temp = renpy.random.choice(["euclidean geometry", "Marilyn Manson", "reality TV", "Rosie O'Donnell", "Stephen Hawking" ])

In one line

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
The next build will include an update to the phonebook where the numbers that can usefully be called are highlighted.

View attachment 2866682
How to get a phone? I played from start with and without mod and I never got a phone. Long ago when I played,we had weekly planning and phone with possibility of free roam to use the phone. I can't find those anymore. What I'm missing?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Sorry not related to the game but does anyone know when JokerLeader will come back? I think he is on vacation, but don't know if he mentioned when he would be coming back.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
togs-games

$ list = ["euclidean geometry", "Marilyn Manson", "reality TV", "Rosie O'Donnell", "Stephen Hawking" ]
$ temp = list[tempint]

You are setting here a variable named list which normally is the constructor of Python lists and thus overwriting the constructor, which might break code everywhere. Maybe just rename the list here to tmp_list or similar would do the trick.

$ temp = renpy.random.choice(["euclidean geometry", "Marilyn Manson", "reality TV", "Rosie O'Donnell", "Stephen Hawking" ])

In one line
Ah! This game was my first time out with ren'py and I didn't have a huge amount of python experience either.

I'll incorporate that in the next build! Thank you!

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Ah! This game was my first time out with ren'py and I didn't have a huge amount of python experience either.

I'll incorporate that in the next build! Thank you!
This has been mentioned previously, it's a piece of debug/test code left in by mistake.

It is fixed for the next build.

My apologies to you both (and anyone else affected)!
WHAT!? Are you saying you're not perfect! Shocking I tells ya, shocking!

MILKER! (no idea why that would make you a milker but people seems to throw that around any time a dev does something they don't like....)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
On a serious note togs-games is one of my fav dev, he is honest, works hard, and listen to constructive critic, he has a great game concept, and strive to make it better. plus he interacts with his fanbase
Exelent work, Keep it up, o by the way the Idea of every now and then change the hair of the characters, is great it adds to the game! but this is my humble opinion!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Awesome, since you are working on phone stuff, there was a quality of life mod in the thread a while back that would stop skipping when the phone was made available. It would be cool if you integrated something like that so if people replay they wouldn't just blow past the phone sections if they are skipping.
I must have missed that. Can anyone point me to it?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
WHAT!? Are you saying you're not perfect! Shocking I tells ya, shocking!

MILKER! (no idea why that would make you a milker but people seems to throw that around any time a dev does something they don't like....)
I'm perfect, it's um... ren'py that's the problem. Or python. Definitely not me, though!

I'm fascinated by the origin of expressions. I wonder if a milker would be a dev who takes a long time to produce content while still collecting money from patrons (or whatever). So he's "milking" his customers?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I'm perfect, it's um... ren'py that's the problem. Or python. Definitely not me, though!

I'm fascinated by the origin of expressions. I wonder if a milker would be a dev who takes a long time to produce content while still collecting money from patrons (or whatever). So he's "milking" his customers?
I'm pretty shure it is, I read it first in Icstors thread, as there were a lot of empty promises made by him.

Reactions: PapaPhat

GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Unfortunately it looks like those of us who were playing with the WT mod will have to wait for Joker's return before we can play. I tried doing the Export/Import process but it doesn't seem to work with a modded save.

Reactions: IPsycho

Xsara

Jul 7, 2022
Kari is still ghost at reception desk, it says the image not found like the previous version when I choice Kari to replace Aria.

internet_says

Jul 17, 2017
it's on page 148 attached to this post
Crude fix for the issue with missing the phone when skipping: Drop this file in the "game" folder, and when "The phone is now available" appears, the game will automatically stop skipping. You may need to roll back one time to use it, but it will get you that close to each phone point.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
togs-games

$ temp = list[tempint]

In one line
While I agree it's not good practice, using the name "list" for a variable will not overwrite the constructor in Renpy, as variables used like this are namespaced.

The relevant part is config.skipping = None, which will cause the game to stop skipping if it currently is. Note that overriding players' interaction choices like that can be frustrating and should be done very sparingly, same as with things like hard pauses and forced text speed. As a mod, people only install it if they want the game to drop them out of skipping when the phone is available, if put into the game by default this would be annoying for anyone who doesn't want that. Similar to how I've modded my copy to drop out of skipping when the day changes, so as to not miss that point while skipping, I wouldn't suggest doing that by default without an option to turn it off.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Besides the example you cited, I think it can also refer to devs that release their games in multiple season/chapter/part files solely for the purpose of maximizing their $$ by selling more game files. I understand that the files for some games with frequent content-rich updates grow so large and unwieldy that the only practical way to continue their development is to split the story into two parts; but, it seems that there are too many multi-part games that are split primarily for monetization purposes rather than for practical necessity. Just my $0.02...

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes