Scoooter22

Nov 7, 2019
First I want to say that I love the game, and thank you for making it. I also love the fact that there are so many different ways to play. However, my issue was that I realized that when I was taking the path I thought would get me the results I wanted, I was missing out on content that I actually liked more. And when I made the choices suggested instead, I was much happier with where it was taking me.
This plus I don't have the time (and sometimes patience) to try 3-4 playthroughs to see if and where I missed something or could have gone a different way

Reactions: criestoomuch

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Even that is really questionable. Killing yourself over something that won't happen for a couple of decades instead of spending that time with your son? Who the hell would do that? Car accident makes way more sense.
Well, I tried to come up with something as close as possible to the original idea.
Of course, there are plenty of more reasonable explanations for why our parents could be dead.
Car accident, train accident, plane crash or armed robbery in a dark alley behind a cinema...

I was mainly concerned with the fact that there are things that can be believed and there are things that are complete nonsense. Two physically and mentally perfectly healthy parents who both commit suicide because of something that will happen in 20 years and a plan has already been set in motion to prevent it? That's what I call major league nonsense.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Well, I tried to come up with something as close as possible to the original idea.
Of course, there are plenty of more reasonable explanations for why our parents could be dead.
Car accident, train accident, plane crash or armed robbery in a dark alley behind a cinema...

I was mainly concerned with the fact that there are things that can be believed and there are things that are complete nonsense. Two physically and mentally perfectly healthy parents who both commit suicide because of something that will happen in 20 years and a plan has already been set in motion to prevent it? That's what I call major league nonsense.
The car crash being caused by a brainwashed Russian assassin with a steel arm...

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I've banged on often enough about the fact I don't understand why people feel the need for the mods.

I've said many times that there's no "right way" to play the game, no "wrong answers".

So I'd like to hear some examples of specific points where people felt the need for help with a decision.
Personally, I felt the need to make my mod because there were lots of sex and nudity scenes that either never show up in-game, like that one preview render from v0.2 that was cut and that peek under Lois's kilt, or that only show up in-game depending on which decisions you make, like making Lois your submissive instead of your girlfriend to get naked airplane head and a date at a sex club. I feel that you shouldn't have less opportunities for sex with Lois if you make her your girlfriend than if you make her your sub, but that's essentially how the base game has set things up to be. I think a lot of players just want to see every possible scene, or at least every possible sex scene, in one playthough, regardless of continuity, so they use mods like mine that show them how to do that.

As for specific points of ambiguity where I felt help with a decision was needed, the best examples I can think of are those instances where you select employees for specific positions from the job candidates pool. I'm really grateful that Lois was willing to give her advice on the matter the first time around, but she only helped narrow it down, and only just that one time. And I feel that there very much were right answers, because Cassie, Aria, and Bree had more additional scenes and dialog as members of your staff that other choices did not. Of course, Lois suggested Cassie specifically for the top position, but she didn't say whether Aria, Bree, or the other girl was better for the other job, and she didn't give any such suggestions during the more recent staffing choice. Those were the longest, hardest choices I had to make in the game, and additional help with those decisions would have been most welcome.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
Although there is no right or wrong way to play the game, I enjoy seeing as much interesting content as possible in a single playthrough. By "interesting content", I do not mean only the sex scenes but also the evolution of the different characters. For example, I prefer Lois to be an equal rather than a submissive but I would also like to have as much sex with her as possible.

Without mods (or a written walkthrough), it is difficult to predict how each choice will affect the rest of the story. This is especially true for the choices that seem to be neutral but that actually influence some events that take place several days later. Of course I could keep on replaying the game and explore the different branches until I have seen all content (and there is a lot of great stuff in this game!) but I am lazy so I prefer using a mod that will help me see most of the things that I like, in a single playthrough.

I understand that it is probably not easy from the author's point of view, because a game or a story is more interesting if it includes many surprises and events that are difficult to predict. If all choices led to perfectly predictable outcomes, then the story could become boring. That's why I think that the mods are an interesting complement to the game: they allow the main game to remain full of surprises and unknowns, encouraging discovery and replays. The mods help the lazy players like myself to maximize their fun without having to replay several times.

Reactions: Emelex

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Although there is no right or wrong way to play the game, I enjoy seeing as much interesting content as possible in a single playthrough. By "interesting content", I do not mean only the sex scenes but also the evolution of the different characters. For example, I prefer Lois to be an equal rather than a submissive but I would also like to have as much sex with her as possible.

Without mods (or a written walkthrough), it is difficult to predict how each choice will affect the rest of the story. This is especially true for the choices that seem to be neutral but that actually influence some events that take place several days later. Of course I could keep on replaying the game and explore the different branches until I have seen all content (and there is a lot of great stuff in this game!) but I am lazy so I prefer using a mod that will help me see most of the things that I like, in a single playthrough.

I understand that it is probably not easy from the author's point of view, because a game or a story is more interesting if it includes many surprises and events that are difficult to predict. If all choices led to perfectly predictable outcomes, then the story could become boring. That's why I think that the mods are an interesting complement to the game: they allow the main game to remain full of surprises and unknowns, encouraging discovery and replays. The mods help the lazy players like myself to maximize their fun without having to replay several times.
Honestly, 99,99% choices are very transparent in this game.

And I honestly think that everybody should better use .pdf walkthroughs instead of mods.

Reactions: Maviarab

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
And I honestly think that everybody should better use .pdf walkthroughs instead of mods.
I couldn't disagree more.
It makes a big difference if you want to spoil the story or if you want the story to develop in the direction you want.

Personally, I also play with the mod because the game is way too non-linear (and that's definitely not a bad thing) and I'd like my relationships with certain people to go in a certain direction. Sometimes you can predict the consequences of your actions, but sometimes it's a wild bet. How do I know if being an asshole will lower the person's trust or if it will make them more submissive? Such things are simply impossible to predict.

The only gameplay where you can 99.99% easily predict the consequences of your decisions is a boring and faithful vanilla boyfriend who is nice to everyone and wants everyone to like him. But I'm pretty sure that this is not the route that the vast majority of players will choose.

Personally, I think it would be good to differentiate some dialog options by color.
Practically the empathy perk from Fallout :ROFLMAO:

Red would be showing your dominance over the person.
Blue would be an effort to increase trust in your person.
Pink would be trying to make the person more slutty. (Sorry, no pink color on this forum)

I think most people wouldn't need any mods then.
It's not about knowing exactly what your decisions will cause, but what you're trying to achieve with them.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
The Roommate [v0.9.7] Unofficial Android Port + JokerLeader's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 328mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

Inferiortunic

Dec 6, 2021
The Roommate [v0.9.7] Unofficial Android Port + JokerLeader's WT Mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 328mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

The link doesn't work?

EpicMax

Aug 25, 2023
The Roommate [v0.11.03] - Android Port

Android: 490 MB

Download:

Pixeldrain:
Mixdrop:

More of my posts here

Last edited:

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
The Roommate [v0.9.9]

Platform: Windows
Language: English
Version: 0.9.9

Download

Is there a changelog????

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Found it :) though I don't know just what a 'bool' is though :)

Release notes for Build 0909 - 30 August 2023

This is build 0909 which fixes an error that can occur when a spurious phone
bool entry from earlier saves causes a python exception.

Release notes for Build 0908 - 30 August 2023

This is build 0908 which continues through to Friday morning of Week 10.

It fixes a number of issues with the whole version 0.9.x cycle and introduces
a significant expansion of the phone system. It also expands your options when
discussing Madison's takeover of The Twisted Kilt

Thanatos1369

Jul 30, 2017
When I tried to download the 0.9.9 version, it gave me this traceback after I attempted to load it. There was also a couple of errors when trying to unzip the file with a couple of corrupted files in the folder.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes