Aug 3, 2023
I guess it is because they don't read, or take the time to search for It. ;)
Else how to explain, that you and Dev were talking about it, and a few posts later the same bugreport post? (maybe all are playing on Android?)
The whole world is like that, they want to be told, they don't want to read or research it. But I would suggest that joker is already back from holiday. But then he probably didn't want to update, because someone else already updated that mod, to make it workable.

Unfortunately I just stumbled upon it the last time, guess the other way around is a little bit more difficult.

Reactions: Emelex and xapican

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
I guess it is because they don't read, or take the time to search for It. ;)
Else how to explain, that you and Dev were talking about it, and a few posts later the same bugreport post? (maybe all are playing on Android?)
Note 1: JL just noted he's back in another forum.

Note 2: Android users generally only have whatever mods the porter provides. The porter made a mistake if they released their port with an unrelated mod. The more logical explanation is users willing to report bugs, but not willing to dig around to see if their reports are unique.

Reactions: xapican

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1741, in script
jump ch99
ScriptError: could not find label 'ch99'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/ch64.rpy", line 1741, in script
jump ch99
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1757, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'ch99'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.9.7
Tue Aug 29 01:15:59 2023

Anyone know how to fix this
People keep posting that error here, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're all getting it because they're trying to use JokerLeader's old v0.9.5 Walkthrough mod on v0.9.7 of the game instead of my more updated one. Even the base game with no mods would work better than with Joker's mod right now. I hope that doesn't sound conceited of me to say, but when it comes to Roommate mods that actually still work, I'm literally the only game in town right now.
I thought the dev (or somebody else that looked into the game code) stated earlier that the issue had to do with how the "End of Content" was handled in-game. Basically that "ch##" is each individual day, and that the "End of Content" was stored in "ch99", but is now needing to be changed because the dev is nearing the 99th day in-game.

Reactions: togs-games

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I thought the dev (or somebody else that looked into the game code) stated earlier that the issue had to do with how the "End of Content" was handled in-game. Basically that "ch##" is each individual day, and that the "End of Content" was stored in "ch99", but is now needing to be changed because the dev is nearing the 99th day in-game.
If you aren't using the Joker mod, you're absolutely right. If you are, than it's what I said. Either way, I don't think it has that problem with my mod. It's possible the game archive still has a reference to ch99 that I missed; I don't know.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
View attachment 1416638
The Roommate [v0.9.7] Walkthrough Mod
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: Since I don't have much time anymore, I will only update the mod on new releases, not on bug fixes.

Download: - - ANDROID by cebs

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .
I cannot get mixdrop to load at all, any chance you could put the download in the patreon post?

Reactions: ash996 and PapaPhat

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I just finished taking a look at JokerLeader's v0.9.7 mod update and used many of the edits he made as a guide to help update my own mod again, though the loisdates variable he added was more trouble than it was worth, in my opinion. It might be a moot point, however, since the Patreon version of the game has already been updated to v0.9.9, and both mods will need to be updated when the newest version of the game is released to the public.

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
Just installed the mod, tried to load one of my saves, it always springs back to the start screen, has anyone an idea what this is?

Reactions: Logan1377

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Just installed the mod, tried to load one of my saves, it always springs back to the start screen, has anyone an idea what this is?
Same for me, every version of the game I've played. Can't continue into the next one with the mod, and sometimes can't finish the current one.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Hmmm... as far as I am aware, none of the mods have been updated for the latest version. You have two choices really - play the game without any mods or wait for it to be updated.

Sorry - my bad... I wasnt aware that the mod was done to 0.9.7!!

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Hmmm... as far as I am aware, none of the mods have been updated for the latest version. You have two choices really - play the game without any mods or wait for it to be updated.

Sorry - my bad... I wasnt aware that the mod was done to 0.9.7!!
Yepp, that lazy ass Joker is back from vacation and Emelex's mod has been updated for a while.

Reactions: Emelex
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes