Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Game's public version updated to 0.9.9 on Author's patreon page. PC and Mac versions.

Just to let you know ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

Scoooter22

Nov 7, 2019
Same for me, every version of the game I've played. Can't continue into the next one with the mod, and sometimes can't finish the current one.
Same for me, game modded with joker mod, can't load any save
Same thing happening with joker mod. If I remember right, previous updates had the same issue but now I'm getting tired of restarting the game at every update

Aug 3, 2023
Same thing happening with joker mod. If I remember right, previous updates had the same issue but now I'm getting tired of restarting the game at every update
It's 9 out of 10 very simple if you play without joker, continue playing, the save games work. If you use the mod in the last update you need to continue using the mod.

No idea why, it shouldn't be necessary, not idea what they all put in those save games...

Scoooter22

Nov 7, 2019
It's 9 out of 10 very simple if you play without joker, continue playing, the save games work. If you use the mod in the last update you need to continue using the mod.

No idea why, it shouldn't be necessary, not idea what they all put in those save games...
I get what you're saying but THERE lies my problem. Played my last update with Joker mod, downloaded new update, installed Joker mod and the same shit that happens everytime goes on and on: Load save - game reverts to start screen.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
togs-games
I have to praise you for the very interesting story and the excellent development of the relationship between the characters.
However, I have one small criticism.

In the game, you say that the main character's parents committed suicide after learning about his illness.
I'm sorry, but something like that just sounds awfully stupid.

Since the disease kills around early middle age, it wouldn't make MUCH more sense if you said that the protagonist's father died in excruciating pain from this same disease, and that the protagonist's mother was so devastated by his loss and the sight of it that her son will suffers the same fate that after a few weeks she commits suicide.

It fits the story perfectly and sounds like something that could actually happen.
And you wouldn't have to change anything else (just the dialogue with the doctor) because it fits well with the entire storyline.

Aug 3, 2023
I get what you're saying but THERE lies my problem. Played my last update with Joker mod, downloaded new update, installed Joker mod and the same shit that happens everytime goes on and on: Load save - game reverts to start screen.
I was already afraid, the other situation I have seen lots of time, this is just bad luck. But you are not the only one...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
togs-games
I have to praise you for the very interesting story and the excellent development of the relationship between the characters.
However, I have one small criticism.

In the game, you say that the main character's parents committed suicide after learning about his illness.
I'm sorry, but something like that just sounds awfully stupid.

Since the disease kills around early middle age, it wouldn't make MUCH more sense if you said that the protagonist's father died in excruciating pain from this same disease, and that the protagonist's mother was so devastated by his loss and the sight of it that her son will suffers the same fate that after a few weeks she commits suicide.

It fits the story perfectly and sounds like something that could actually happen.
And you wouldn't have to change anything else (just the dialogue with the doctor) because it fits well with the entire storyline.
Even that is really questionable. Killing yourself over something that won't happen for a couple of decades instead of spending that time with your son? Who the hell would do that? Car accident makes way more sense.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Even that is really questionable. Killing yourself over something that won't happen for a couple of decades instead of spending that time with your son? Who the hell would do that? Car accident makes way more sense.
No.. I was thinking more on the line that they were vacationing on their private island, when suddenly out of nowhere a band of marauding pirates' form the "Dreaded Ship F95" attacked the island. During the skirmish with the pirates the parents were killed, and the MC barely escaped by posing as one of the pirates on the "Dreaded Ship F95" until it was safe to escape... Hummmmm! :unsure: That would be a whole new story in itself..........

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Same. Every time I've tried. I like the mod. Its very helpful. But it requires me to always start over. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to just create my own personal walkthrough with the mod on paper, then use that without the mod next release.

Reactions: IPsycho

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I've banged on often enough about the fact I don't understand why people feel the need for the mods.

I've said many times that there's no "right way" to play the game, no "wrong answers".

So I'd like to hear some examples of specific points where people felt the need for help with a decision.

Scoooter22

Nov 7, 2019
Same. Every time I've tried. I like the mod. Its very helpful. But it requires me to always start over. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to just create my own personal walkthrough with the mod on paper, then use that without the mod next release.
Yeah, I've also started over a bunch of times but I'm getting sick and tired of doing that.
JokerLeader any thoughts on this?

Reactions: IPsycho

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I've banged on often enough about the fact I don't understand why people feel the need for the mods.

I've said many times that there's no "right way" to play the game, no "wrong answers".

So I'd like to hear some examples of specific points where people felt the need for help with a decision.
Togs I think most want to score the most love,slut,sub points thinking that will lead the story in a certain direction. Or something of that nature 'shrug'

Reactions: criestoomuch

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I've also played with the mod, and I did have trouble with saves most updates, but usually I just keep trying to load different saves, and eventually one works and I just skip back to the part I left off at.

A little annoying, but only a minor inconvenience really.

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
I went back to the point where the MC visits Dr Greenberg, just before that meeting I had a save, it works from there.

Reactions: Scoooter22

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023

First I want to say that I love the game, and thank you for making it. I also love the fact that there are so many different ways to play. However, my issue was that I realized that when I was taking the path I thought would get me the results I wanted, I was missing out on content that I actually liked more. And when I made the choices suggested instead, I was much happier with where it was taking me.

Reactions: UnwrappedGodiva
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes