togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I've posted on my patreon about some of what's coming up.

I did also want to follow up on a couple of things that were mentioned here.

Kayla's been modified so she's turning 18 rather than 21. I'll refer any legal questions to Master of Puppets!

I think it was also him, but might have been Gregers that mentioned Kiki's bare ass on her chair on Day 68.

That was an error and the render is fixed in the next build. Her skirt wasn't supposed to be THAT short!

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

Kayla's been modified so she's turning 18 rather than 21. I'll refer any legal questions to Master of Puppets!

I think it was also him, but might have been Gregers that mentioned Kiki's bare ass on her chair on Day 68.

That was an error and the render is fixed in the next build. Her skirt wasn't supposed to be THAT short!
so on a restart Kayla's turning 18 .... you sick bastard ... i love you :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::love::love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018

I think it was actually Master of Puppets who noticed the short skirt thing:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-roommate-v0-9-14-togs.79594/post-11833439

Reactions: gregers

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
I'm not sure what is going on but there are so many inconsistencies in this game / story
I'm playing as if Kari is with me monogamous and have never been with Lois in any way, have not encouraged her etc... at all
but all of a sudden she's in the hospital getting rid of her implants, and the MC is there with her - soon at her place as well and no Kari, also there are many times I need to skip the renpy screen with the ignore button as it seems to crash to frequently
I'm using v9.1.4 and wish I could play a complete run through without problems and the way I want it using the choices I want
I also still want to get Kari out from the part time job

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not sure what is going on but there are so many inconsistencies in this game / story
I'm playing as if Kari is with me monogamous and have never been with Lois in any way, have not encouraged her etc... at all
but all of a sudden she's in the hospital getting rid of her implants, and the MC is there with her - soon at her place as well and no Kari, also there are many times I need to skip the renpy screen with the ignore button as it seems to crash to frequently
I'm using v9.1.4 and wish I could play a complete run through without problems and the way I want it using the choices I want
I also still want to get Kari out from the part time job
What exactly do you think is inconsistent? Also, just saying "it crashes" is really not helpful if you don't post what the error is, now is it?

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
What exactly do you think is inconsistent? Also, just saying "it crashes" is really not helpful if you don't post what the error is, now is it?
inconsistent is that I have nothing but professional rel with Lois but am suddenly with her and not the women I went for the entire game, all out of no-where. several times through the game these kinds of things happen whether or not I tried to stop it
also the crshes are random - like in the plane on the way home I am talking to Lois and telling her we are going to keep it professional and suddenly the renpy screen all white with code accross it comes up and I press ignore it to continue, this happens at least 10 times from the beginning of the game to the end of the update.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
inconsistent is that I have nothing but professional rel with Lois but am suddenly with her and not the women I went for the entire game, all out of no-where. several times through the game these kinds of things happen whether or not I tried to stop it
also the crshes are random - like in the plane on the way home I am talking to Lois and telling her we are going to keep it professional and suddenly the renpy screen all white with code accross it comes up and I press ignore it to continue, this happens at least 10 times from the beginning of the game to the end of the update.
I didn't realize you could only care about someone if you're fucking them... you're completely right, totally silly.

/s

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
You're right that the game script occasionally forgets to account for people playing the MC as monogamous (or near it) and defaults to Pokémon-esque catch-em-all behaviour. I don't think that applies to the specific case of the MC caring for Lois as a close friend and associate when she's in hospital, but if you see other examples of (what you consider) inconsistent behaviour, flag them here for the dev to see.

As MoP says, the more specific the better. Same with the errors: Copy the exact error message and the place you encountered it to here, ideally with a save attached.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023
It did that to me as well. I’ve tried to play the game as monogamous, yet I can’t get around that scene where Kara wants to make out with the MC. Or the scene where Kiki asks Lois whether she has to fuck the MC, and Lois responds, “Only if you want to!” It’s sorta designed with the attitude, “Monogamy? Who’d be dumb enough to play this game as a monogamist?” Um… us monogamists who aren’t turned on by cheating.

Reactions: BGRW2020

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Who’d be dumb enough to play this game as a monogamist?”
As far as I understood Togs, wanted to give that option as well, considering that the Love story with Cari is the first Plot
Happend that Lois, won more popularity as Cari so he tried to give us that path as well.
How someone said that what happens when suddently the Dialoges get mixed is a bug and not intended
It would be good that you point this out providing information so the dev. can act about it
Um… us monogamists who aren’t turned on by cheating.
Don't be sarcastic, and please don't take random coments to serious, the game is for enjoyment for all and tries to satisfay all kinks.

Reactions: TDS1969 and Vleder

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
As far as I understood Togs, wanted to give that option as well, considering that the Love story with Cari is the first Plot
Happend that Lois, won more popularity as Cari so he tried to give us that path as well.
How someone said that what happens when suddently the Dialoges get mixed is a bug and not intended
It would be good that you point this out providing information so the dev. can act about it

Don't be sarcastic, and please don't take random coments to serious, the game is for enjoyment for all and tries to satisfay all kinks.
Yes and that is fine - but in doing so it gets confused at times and does things that the MC truly tried to avoid - I think the Dev made the stats too complicated and they fuck up at times thus screwing up how the player wanted to proceed

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Yes and that is fine - but in doing so it gets confused at times and does things that the MC truly tried to avoid - I think the Dev made the stats too complicated and they fuck up at times thus screwing up how the player wanted to proceed
I know we both had this convo earlier, and you were right, as well with her going to her second job.
Not fitting in a pure "Monogamous" playtrough.
All we can do is what Gregers sugested.
You're right that the game script occasionally forgets to account for people playing the MC as monogamous (or near it) and defaults to Pokémon-esque catch-em-all behaviour. I don't think that applies to the specific case of the MC caring for Lois as a close friend and associate when she's in hospital, but if you see other examples of (what you consider) inconsistent behaviour, flag them here for the dev to see.

As MoP says, the more specific the better. Same with the errors: Copy the exact error message and the place you encountered it to here, ideally with a save attached.
It sucks I know, but that is also a support for the dev.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It did that to me as well. I’ve tried to play the game as monogamous, yet I can’t get around that scene where Kara wants to make out with the MC. Or the scene where Kiki asks Lois whether she has to fuck the MC, and Lois responds, “Only if you want to!” It’s sorta designed with the attitude, “Monogamy? Who’d be dumb enough to play this game as a monogamist?” Um… us monogamists who aren’t turned on by cheating.
If you see these things you need to flag them so they can be fixed. Most of us won't see them, since we're fine with dating multiple girls if they are. That isn't cheating.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Did a monogamous speed run and had to hit Ignore 8 times to bypass the errors. Attached a compiled traceback.txt with the last line or so of dialogue before each error, as well as a save from the end of the game. Hopefully this will help togs-games straighten things out for the 'one true love Kari' players.

View attachment Traceback.txt View attachment 5-4-LT1.save

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Did a monogamous speed run and had to hit Ignore 8 times to bypass the errors. Attached a compiled traceback.txt with the last line or so of dialogue before each error, as well as a save from the end of the game. Hopefully this will help togs-games straighten things out for the 'one true love Kari' players.

View attachment 3009489 View attachment 3009491
Those errors are ENTIRELY the result of the game being modded.

That's not to say I don't need to take another look at inconsistencies relating to a monogamous path, but the issues you're listing aren't my doing.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018

View attachment 3009489 View attachment 3009491
Those are errors in my mod. You should request help with them on my mod topic and not this one. Another user posted a similar error recently. I just tried to give him some advice about it, and hopefully it can help you, too. I'll also run some tests on the save you posted to see how to fix the common problem.

Reactions: PapaPhat
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes