togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm not sure we are talking about the same scene here, because the bar scene I remember, the flashing and breeding bunny as you put it was avoidable as far as I remember.
In fairness, it wasn't avoidable initially, I had to make some changes.

Can you tell a little more about the club scene. I can't recall that one, which is kind of strange as I'm pretty sure I've picked the slut/whore path for any girl possible.
That depends on you having taken Lois there previously. Or it should. Someone suggested a continuity error which I will check.

Reactions: CircaAD

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Nothing else has bothered me... except Dr. Greenfield at the party...
I'm excluding the rest of the post for brevity. You make some fair points and I think that's largely the result of me maybe needing to explain things better.

As to Greenfield at the party, I'm afraid that's more of my twisted humour - here's this crazy old man with a huge dick and Sandra tells us he can't get hard enough for sex.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Am I somehow forbidden from being on forum then? Are these the new rules? Or are these shadow rules? It's not my fault your game deserved 2 stars, I was being generous due to Kari.
No, you're not forbidden, but that wasn't a reasoned, balanced review, it was more like a rant.

You might have considered engaging in conversation before, not after, posting that.

I'd suggest that generous would be putting countless hours and dollars into creating a game that you don't require any payment for, not posting a mealy-mouthed review of something you got for free.

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
No, you're not forbidden, but that wasn't a reasoned, balanced review, it was more like a rant.
If you think presenting both sides, good and bad, isn't balanced then you are lacking comprehension of what "balanced" actually means.

Why should I "engage in conversation" before leaving a review? Will it change the game as it is? WILL YOU GO BACK AND REWRITE THE GAME? NO, you won't, it's a done deal, talking wouldn't have done aynthing. Actually, it would've soured my experience even more, as you're clearly angry and not shying from making it known. I was reviewing the game, not your public relations skills (which after your last 2 petulant messages are not the best, tbh.). After engaging with you I probably would've left you 1 star for your approach alone even with Kari's best attempts to fix it.

I played your game from start to finish, invested many hours into it before I wrote the review and thought well what I would put into it. I didn't go rushing willy-nilly into it after like just one hour, without really thinking about it. The game and impressions were still very fresh.

I love your original idea for the game, Kari was a true sweetheart that could've carried the game on her own.This game could've stood on it's own with just Kari and MC developing their relationship as he struggles to take on the burden of a new job and later becoming the CEO. Kari was THAT strong of a potential support pillar and story subject.

BUT you didn't let her, that was your biggest mistake and then other mistakes that I would've ignored otherwise, just kept stacking on.
The harem idea got out of control which, according to other's posts in this thread, many agree with me.
Lois herself gets more screentime and attention than Kari and her sisters put together, even though the story revolves mostly around them.
Feminism and anti-man rants really have no place in an adult game directed at men, I would like to be spared from constant rants about how men ruin everything while I'm trying to get in mood for smut with those exact women.
Constant flow of new females into an alredy over-saturated group should've been stopped a while ago as there's just too many of them and you can't handle them all anymore.
Mechanics like arousal, phone, etc. should either have a point or not be used.
MC is a spineless pussy who buckles down under slightest pushback from guests who are asking for HELP FROM him when it should be the other way around, them buckling from demands from the person they are dependent on for survival. The waitress really has no leg to stand on making demands of the guy that is gonna be saving her bar and keeping her afloat.

From reading responses, for many Kiki is the jumping-the-shark point and some are giving up. That should be a wake up call. The game is called Roommates, which was MC + Kari, that was made perfectly clear by you in the first 5 minutes of the game. It's either false advertising or you decided at some point it's too constraining and those roommates actually include 20 other women (with number growing as everyone seems fated to move into that building at some point).
And this is just naming a FEW of the issues that have built up along the way, that didn't exist during the first hour or two, some appearing towards the end.

I stand by everything I said still.

I may not have programmed games, but I've been doing creative work FOR FREE for 30 years now, never even asking or allowing donations. I never opened a Patreon page or Gofundme or anything like that, yet I regularly weekly produced work for dozens of steady "clients". I haven't gotten paid even a dollar for the thousands of hours I put into my work, so spare me the guilt trip attempt. I'm not the only one on this thread who hasn't paid for the game, but at least I gave your work more than a fair chance instead of giving up on it before I got to the current end.

One of the first things I had to learn when I started making my work publicly accessible is how to deal with not just praise but criticism. If your reaction is this angry for substantiated criticism of your work alone, I shudder to imagine how you will react with such thin skin to someone flaming you personally and going for direct personal attacks and insults or, something I experienced at one point, stalkers and death threats. And maybe one day you'll realize that well-meaning criticism is more helpful to growing as an artist or producer of something than mindless, effusive praise that sees through coloured glasses.

Jun 7, 2023
The facepalms were definitely not for liking Kiki, they were for misrepresenting and degrading everyone who doesn't. But nice of you to keep that whole context from your reply. Talk about a strawman.
Hey,be nice. For some special individuals posting is hard

Jun 7, 2023

You might have considered engaging in conversation before, not after, posting that.

I'd suggest that generous would be putting countless hours and dollars into creating a game that you don't require any payment for, not posting a mealy-mouthed review of something you got for free.
I'd like the option to make Kiki wear a ball gag when out in public with the MC at all times.

All joking aside when are we gonna see the blonde romance writing sister again?

Last edited:
Reactions: CircaAD

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Feminism and anti-man rants really have no place in an adult game directed at men, I would like to be spared from constant rants about how men ruin everything while I'm trying to get in mood for smut with those exact women.
Constant flow of new females into an alredy over-saturated group should've been stopped a while ago as there's just too many of them and you can't handle them all anymore.
Wouldn't really call anything feminism because the MC himself , while he fortunately can be played as a decent and sometime good man, still has the choices to treat the women no differently than his sluts or slaves like all the assholes that happen to be men.
Additionally the game has that remnant of the "old boys network" that is a Weinstein/Epstein type of network, so it may play a big role in making women less shitty as human beings than men .

But what's true is that the very heavy majority of men turns out of be creeps of varying level of piece of shit (unfortunately a very common trope in AVN, probably a trope used in AVN to make the MC looks good to the reader or explain why every women fall for the MC so easily), even Pete (that seemed to be the only decent guy along Jed) still sometime side with the assholes because of his job over doing the actual right thing.

MC is a spineless pussy who buckles down under slightest pushback from guests who are asking for HELP FROM him when it should be the other way around, them buckling from demands from the person they are dependent on for survival. The waitress really has no leg to stand on making demands of the guy that is gonna be saving her bar and keeping her afloat.
I agree with this, not to the extant of spineless pussy :D but still the MC due to his position of CEO has the final say on his decisions and while his subordinates can (and always should as it's their jobs) suggest or recommend things to him, those subordinates can't overrule the CEO decisions without seriously undermining the MC credibility, from quick memory there are 2 occurances of that kind of behaviour that i found annoying :
-Lois overruling the MC in the choice of naming a new PA in the case you get the MC to choose someone that is NOT Kiki.
-when Kari co-worker is asking you for your company financial help or loan, in the case you emit a condition (Kari being removed from her staff, i think it was) can simply say no to the MC condition and still get the financial help she wants and needs without the MC having the ability to say no (or at least change the condition).

Not related :

I have only played 2 playthroughs so far, one in which the MC is only focused only on Kari and another one only focused on Lois. In both case i got the MC on a monogamous-only way, and avoided any of the dark paths choices. And out of the very odd Kara scene i mentionned previously , things played rather nicely around.

And nothing dark/bad/degenerate happens to Kiki after she got to the PA job in those playthrough.

So i imagine what people mention about that Kiki character may have to do with following the dark choices, but then why would it be surprising if choosing dark choices lead a character into a dark path ?

Last edited:

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Okay, sorry for my absence, I was away for a couple of days and then got sick. I've still got about ten more pages of discussion to wade through, but I think I've got the general gist of things.

So... a few quick points:

As I've said many times, this is my first VN. Some things I get right first time, others change based on feedback, whether it be from here, Patreon, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm not trying to force anyone into doing anything. I'm not even forcing anyone to play my game.

The Lodge (the sex club) will be the main venue for the "darker" content, so it's easy to avoid. That, in combination with a tightening up of the conditional variables should help anyone that does or doesn't care for that to find or avoid it.

Kiki. I don't know if people just don't read the conversations, but Kiki basically tells you she's pretty carefree when it comes to nudity and sex but that her own choices haven't always been wise and she's putting herself in your hands.

Kiki and Jed. She's not REALLY suggesting she'll fuck Jed when he walks in on the two of you. That was intended to be humourous, based on the fact that poor Jed always seems to be tormented by your girls, starting with Lois in her very short mini skirt way back. Admittedly, she does later say she would have done it if you told her to, but that was intended to underscore her willingness to do as she's told.

There's no "they" - it's just me, one person, that does everything and there are only so many hours in the day.

Finally, let's try to be civil in our discussions. I know I'm occasionally a bit snippy (see my previous post) but I have a lot more invested in this than anyone.
LOVE THIS GAME, togs-games my friend!!!:love::love::love::love::love:

Just a quick note on the "darker" content... You likely remember the strong stand I took against Lois' involvement in such activities. I love her and see any of that other dark content as a disrespect to her class, elegance, intelligence, success and gorgeous beauty. However, it is my sincere desire for MC to have the Lodge and any other kinky options open with other girls, namely Kiki to start. That would fit my new image of kinky Kiki perfectly!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Think about it and feel free to PM me anytime. You're doing an amazing work on this first project and I hope to see many more returns of the Roommate and other features from togs-games. Keep up the awesome labor of love, lust and sexy good times, my friend!:love::love::love::love::love:

Adventure ever on, Phat:devilish:
Base Profile Screenshot 2023.11.08 - 10.36.20.82.png

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Okay, sorry for my absence, I was away for a couple of days and then got sick. I've still got about ten more pages of discussion to wade through, but I think I've got the general gist of things.

So... a few quick points:

As I've said many times, this is my first VN. Some things I get right first time, others change based on feedback, whether it be from here, Patreon, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm not trying to force anyone into doing anything. I'm not even forcing anyone to play my game.

The Lodge (the sex club) will be the main venue for the "darker" content, so it's easy to avoid. That, in combination with a tightening up of the conditional variables should help anyone that does or doesn't care for that to find or avoid it.

Kiki. I don't know if people just don't read the conversations, but Kiki basically tells you she's pretty carefree when it comes to nudity and sex but that her own choices haven't always been wise and she's putting herself in your hands.

Kiki and Jed. She's not REALLY suggesting she'll fuck Jed when he walks in on the two of you. That was intended to be humourous, based on the fact that poor Jed always seems to be tormented by your girls, starting with Lois in her very short mini skirt way back. Admittedly, she does later say she would have done it if you told her to, but that was intended to underscore her willingness to do as she's told.

There's no "they" - it's just me, one person, that does everything and there are only so many hours in the day.

Finally, let's try to be civil in our discussions. I know I'm occasionally a bit snippy (see my previous post) but I have a lot more invested in this than anyone.
Whoa this was a good read. The balls to take it like a champ.

Zebest.png

Reactions: PapaPhat

jllkfsdj

Apr 19, 2019
But what's true is that the very heavy majority of men turns out of be creeps of varying level of piece of shit (unfortunately a very common trope in AVN, probably a trope used in AVN to make the MC looks good to the reader or explain why every women fall for the MC so easily), even Pete (that seemed to be the only decent guy along Jed) still sometime side with the assholes because of his job over doing the actual right thing.
Agreed. The trend of pretty much shitting on every male character in the game, except MC whose done worse than anyone else, plus all the whining by women and the trend of "men ruin businesses, women must fix messes after them" is what annoyed me. Off the top of my head I can't remember any positive male anymore. Your uncle who was beloved by all who knew and worked for him, turned out to be a Weinstein... Even Jed, the sturdy dependable worker whose only previous appearances made him look like a reliable professional man got slapped by Lois' comments about him being lecherous by late game. What was the point of that? Why not leave him alone? Does dev hate male characters in this game really so much?

It's ironic that MC literally starts out acting far worse than him and then steadily escalates, but never gets that response. Hell, MC almost rapes Marina in a storage closet in the first few days of the game if you let your arousal get too high (that was the only time I saw that mechanic actually have a point, tried to keep it high later but to no result, didn't even lead to sex with Kari when we were already a couple) and he doesn't even get slapped, much less sued for sexual assault in work place.

I agree with this, not to the extant of spineless pussy :D but still the MC due to his position of CEO has the final say on his decisions and while his subordinates can (and always should as
A few years back i was present during a lecture a police officer specializing in fighting organized white collar crime held. One thing that truly stood out to me and I remember since is something he said:
"You will find exponentially more psychopaths among business leaders and CEOs that you ever will among violent criminals"

This is a man who rose to his position from walking the beat, getting to know every kind of criminal out there, graduating from a Law University and then being good enough to take part in and eventually rising enough to LEAD a big task force to combat corruption, abuse, embezzlement and other white collar crime. This is just a personal view, but I'm gonna take this man's words as gospel. MC as he is here would be eaten alive by competition in the first day.

it's their jobs) suggest or recommend things to him, those subordinates can't overrule the CEO decisions without seriously undermining the MC credibility, from quick memory there are 2 occurances of that kind of behaviour that i found annoying :
-Lois overruling the MC in the choice of naming a new PA in the case you get the MC to choose someone that is NOT Kiki.
-when Kari co-worker is asking you for your company financial help or loan, in the case you emit a condition (Kari being removed from her staff, i think it was) can simply say no to the MC condition and still get the financial help she wants and needs without the MC having the ability to say no (or at least change the condition).
Honestly, the last one rubbed me wrong the most. So here was this supplicant begging me for money to save the place she worked at and to help her fulfill a vision, but the only condition I have is one that SHE thinks she has the position to reject and dictate? Especially on something as private and important as the safety of my future wife and imminent mother of my children? Fuck that. I'm not backing down from something like that, especially not with a lame "oh my! I respect how much you care!" Wait, what? CARE about Kari? If she cared she would've agreed. Kari on her first day there mentioned being harassed by men there, sorry but this is my pregnant wife, if anyone touches her he is literally losing his hand, but MC just backs down?

So i imagine what people mention about that Kiki character may have to do with following the dark choices, but then why would it be surprising if choosing dark choices lead a character into a dark path ?
I don't even remember taking any choice with Kiki that would put her on a dark path, but as soon as she was hired and we had a talk she came to me and when the MC can tell her to be naked around work (dafuq?) she straight out told me she likes to be dominated. IIRC then when she comes to care for Lois you can give her a collar and start first part of slave training.

So, yeah, that went from 0 to 100 faster than a damn Veyron.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I'm not sure we are talking about the same scene here, because the bar scene I remember, the flashing and breeding bunny as you put it was avoidable as far as I remember.
I won't lie, I have you on my ignore list cause of the back and forth shit that was going nowhere the other day, but I saw this cause it was quoted by togs. You are right that the breeding bunny stuff itself is avoidable. I was more so talking about how forwardly she expressed wanting to be one, even without selecting that option. I was more so pointing that out to further my point of how her sluttiness was WAY in your face and extreme, compared to how she acted before the update.

Before even getting the option to make her into a bunny, she seems highly disappointed that the "Grand Master" tells her she can't be one because she isn't neutered. Then in the car after leaving the club, even when you AREN'T on the sharing (bunny) path, she expresses how she wants to get her tubes tied so she can become a bunny, even though we never agreed to this.

image_2023-11-08_140648158.png

It's even pointed out that she say's it so matter-of-fact. Which is what I mean about her sluttiness being in your face, basically cranked up to 11/10 out of the gate. Since she behaves this way no matter what path she's on, that's why it bothered me when I played through the update.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Lois overruling the MC in the choice of naming a new PA in the case you get the MC to choose someone that is NOT Kiki
Didn't know about this. Luckily I just decided to delete the game instead of doing yet another play through. Game started well but the story is wasted on needles filler events and the problems with LI's and other parts just removed any anticipation. Seriously the game can't even decide about the MC. I decided that I wanted Lois to have slightly bigger natural breasts and after she goes for it the MC whines for ages how he feels bad. What's the point of giving that choice then?

Reactions: Strykker

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I have quite a problem with trying to hide behind "darker content"; Having a girl turn out to be the town bike isn't "dark", it's just making her unappealing for most men who want a relationship rather than a quick fuck. Like, I don't recall anyone complaining about Marina, because that was just a quickie and she didn't become a girlfriend – and if she was added as one now we'd all know what we're getting into. Turning Kiki into that was a pretty terrible idea, if you want to have a girl like that, it should have been someone new (like really new, Kiki is relatively new but not new enough), or someone already like that. Maybe like Ashley who is A: established to be a whore early on, and B: avoidable for people who don't like that. Kiki isn't avoidable, we're railroaded into replacing Lois with her, and there was no clue she was like this when we chose if we wanted to get involved with her or not. It feels like a bait-and-switch, especially considering that she's also pretty bad if we aren't on the submissive route:
discreet.jpg
And as someone who wouldn't mind some actual darker content, the apparent conflation of that with this is quite worrying. "Dark" doesn't mean sharing, and sharing isn't inherently dark. Of all the darker things I can think of that I'd quite like to have the option to do, hardly any of them involve that place.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Okay. I'll see if I can tweak that. Maybe she should wink or something?
That's actually a good idea and a good point. I think in the scene as it is the emphasis is on Jed's shock and we can't see her face clearly so a winky face might help recontextualize it. I could tell that it was meant as teasing but some doors are a little bit thicker it seems.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny
Jun 7, 2023
That's actually a good idea and a good point. I think in the scene as it is the emphasis is on Jed's shock and we can't see her face clearly so a winky face might help recontextualize it. I could tell that it was meant as teasing but some doors are a little bit thicker it seems.
Or just literally just add a line of dialogue where she says she was joking.

"Hey MC,you know I was joking when I offered to fuck Jed earlier,right?"

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Or just literally just add a line of dialogue where she says she was joking.

"Hey MC,you know I was joking when I offered to fuck Jed earlier,right?"
Well, that would be inconvenient since she said basically the opposite, that she wouldn't have liked to do it but would have done it if he asked. Because, you know, slave and such. Even so, just because she was not only joking doesn't mean that it wasn't teasing. Clearly meant to mortify and distress both men involved. Kind of like that scene in Fight Club where Tyler answers the door wearing the dishwashing gloves.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Jesus fucking christ....

You're all talking like Kiki has been around since the start of the game and only just has a major character change/switch. Sure you might have liked her, but barring a couple of pretty short interactions, we knew absolutely...nothing...whatsever....about her.

If you made up some fantasy story about her character and personality based on that...the problem lies with you...not her character or her design.

Jun 7, 2023
Jesus fucking christ....

You're all talking like Kiki has been around since the start of the game and only just has a major character change/switch. Sure you might have liked her, but barring a couple of pretty short interactions, we knew absolutely...nothing...whatsever....about her.

If you made up some fantasy story about her character and personality based on that...the problem lies with you...not her character or her design.

Jesus Fucking Christ, it's almost like the character has a 180 degree personality switch,after her first day of being the M.C.'s PA.

Jesus Fucking Christ,it's like the MC is railroaded into accepting her as his P.A.

Jesus Fucking Christ,who even says Jesus Fucking Christ?

As an aside if she is the MC's P.A. doesn't that mean she's basically going to have more screentime than every character except Louise?

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes