togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I haven't heard any more on people having issues with old saves. It's really critical that these get resolved sooner rather than later - I want to be able to move on with new content, not spend forever waiting for examples of broken saves that never actually arrive...

• Red Heart
Reactions: punisher2099

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I haven't heard any more on people having issues with old saves. It's really critical that these get resolved sooner rather than later - I want to be able to move on with new content, not spend forever waiting for examples of broken saves that never actually arrive...
I'd say continue on.

You can only control what you do, not what others do.

Enjoy the process and let your creativity continue to blossom.

Journey before destination.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
A solid update. Good quality stuff. Thanks togs!
Bugwise, things I was going to mention, I saw you have already identified them and are probably fixed in this new update.
No errors whatsoever on my "fairly level-headed MC" play through (besides those mentioned), with Tilly as flight attendant, Cassie and Bree as receptionists and Rei as intern.
I cracked myself laughing with Rei's approach to ASi's uniform. I wonder if Kayla does the same or has her own silliness?
All in all, this update builds on the quality of the previous content with several very good humorous moments and plot development. Good job.

A few things I noticed:
- is Lois supposed to use the standard tray when serving coffee during the day of the interviews? I didn't took notes, so I'm not sure about this;
- after playing, I glanced through the script and was wondering if Kari's joke about teabagging (at Ashley's café) can ever occur because of the high stats required. It's after she discovers the truth about Randy which hits her confidence. Just curious;
- when deciding things like what to decide to do with Mallory or Cassie, particularly about the apartments, I felt like it was a shot in the dark. Will we be provided with more info in future updates? Because I gather it's not a cosmetic choice...
- meeting the girls by the pool on the last day of the update, I kinda felt like I expected more, but hey, if you went for realism, that's probably what would happened anyway, so shutting up now.

Really enjoying this so, again, I was left wanting more, even if I really hate cliffhangers...

Reactions: mofonistik

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
A solid update. Good quality stuff... No errors...
Good to know!

Rei's approach to ASi's uniform... I wonder if Kayla does the same or has her own silliness?
It's basically the same. Kayla comes across as less apologetic than Rei when Lois calls her into the office, but that's just their personalities.

- is Lois supposed to use the standard tray when serving coffee during the day of the interviews?
That happened because of the timing of the development of the script. It means re-doing some renders and I justified not doing that on the basis of maybe Lois keeps it for best or something. I'll probably get around to re-rendering eventually!

- after playing, I glanced through the script and was wondering if Kari's joke about teabagging (at Ashley's café) can ever occur because of the high stats required. It's after she discovers the truth about Randy which hits her confidence.
Yes, Kari's humour is very dependent on her confidence. In some respects, that particular joke seemed like it required a high level and things changed in such a way that the threshold is hard to reach. I may tweak the settings or move it to a later date.

- when deciding things like what to decide to do with Mallory or Cassie, particularly about the apartments, I felt like it was a shot in the dark. Will we be provided with more info in future updates? Because I gather it's not a cosmetic choice...
To be honest, that's really to do with how attractive you find any given character. I figured you would want the option of where to put anyone you might want to have closer at hand, but their exact location shouldn't be a serious obstacle to any main story events. I figured people would want the girls they like most nearer to MC's apartment. I plan to have him move to the top floor, which is going to be twice the space. Not imminent, just gives him more room.

That said, there's always the possibility of random encounters with anyone living in MC's building - bumping into one of the girls in the laundry room, or whatever...

There will almost certainly be an option to move Mallory into one of the condo's - right now she's staying in the penthouse because it made things easier for me. Of course, for some players, she will probably become a fringe character.

- meeting the girls by the pool on the last day of the update, I kinda felt like I expected more...
That's an event that only occurs if Cassie is in play, although I think the pool area will become a commonly used locale. It's really meant to be a bit of an ice-breaker for a potential relationship with her, but I figured a sudden poolside orgy might be taking things a little too far at this stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vleder

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I'm looking forward to meeting up with (S)ara and see where that leads, and to see if Kari knows about her at all.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
That said, there's always the possibility of random encounters with anyone living in MC's building - bumping into one of the girls in the laundry room, or whatever...
There will almost certainly be an option to move Mallory into one of the condo's. Of course, for some players, she will probably become a fringe character. [...] I figured a sudden poolside orgy might be taking things a little too far at this stage.
Happy to see you're still thinking way ahead!
Fringe characters are a good thing and I think you've balanced things fairly nicely concerning Mallory, if that's even possible?
And, even I would consider a poolside orgy just a little bit too sudden. Next week, then?:p

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Reactions to 0.5.2:
Wow! I don't know where to even begin!

I have fixed Ashley repeating herself. That will be in next build.

Apologies for the missing Aria graphics, I have a horrible feeling I named them for reception2 and then they got overwritten. I'm going to re-render them shortly and they should be able to drop right in.

Can you tell me when Iris's colour changed? The colours were a late addition and I may have been experimenting and forgotten to remove an extra line.

I'll check on the typos as well.

The happenings at the coffeeshop on Day 14 is something that was taken out previously and has been restored, although it may still need tweaking in terms of what triggers are involved.

As to the other comments, I may or may not address those later! ;)

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm guessing the blue was retained from an earlier save. That was the default game colour. The purple looks about right.
Nope, I started a new game and skipped to get those. Sometimes Iris is using the iris character variable, sometimes she's using the "I.R.I.S." string for her dialogue. One line in day 14 and a bunch in day 21.
I am wondering if the colour should change when Iris's functionality gets raised.
I wondered about that, I'd only do that if there's a significant change. Like, after her first time unlocking functionality him and Lois are shocked at the difference in how she talks. After the second time though there isn't any obvious change. Another thing to consider is using the nameplate colour to signify how she sounds, changing it if there's a significant difference like her sounding less robotic, more human or whatever.

Also, if you're curious about the outline on the nameplate, that's a simple mod I use on games that I think need it, where the character colours are too dark sometimes without anything to help compensate for the lack of contrast.
screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0002.jpg
screenshot0004.jpg screenshot0003.jpg

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Build 0.5.2

Fixes:

- Temporary workaround for if you didn't hire Tilly as your flight attendant

- Fixed an error if you go to the bathroom to relieve your lust and Kari walks in (or not)

- Added a variable to count incidences of unprotected sex with any given partner

- Fixed an error with pet names

Known Issues:

- If MC wakes up with an erection it interferes with the timing of the start of day text,
for example, he wakes up with an erection, you get the menu choice of whether to
ignore it, THEN it will say "You wake up refreshed" or whatever.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Version 0.5.1

this build is considerably more complicated in terms of the different paths the story can meander through, and should definitely be considered a beta.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The Roomate is meant to be somewhat less "linear" than many other games, and there are factors outside a player's control that may affect the path the story takes.

The latest update (version 0.5.2) is a further expansion compared to previous versions, expanding the story to five weeks of game time, and back-filling some details in the previous storyline.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Maybe that is a clue. I.R.I.S has two personalities! You can tell which is which by her eye color!
I am wondering if the colour should change when Iris's functionality gets raised.
I wondered about that, I'd only do that if there's a significant change. Like, after her first time unlocking functionality him and Lois are shocked at the difference in how she talks. After the second time though there isn't any obvious change. Another thing to consider is using the nameplate colour to signify how she sounds, changing it if there's a significant difference like her sounding less robotic, more human or whatever.
That's actually a good idea!

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes