Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
I love that you're going back and adding/changing things in the story as you go.

A lot of times developers will just keep going without having the plot make sense from previous decisions and such.

Also, it does make starting the game from the start a lot more enjoyable if there is new content to uncover.

Reactions: togs-games

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Maybe I need to stagger that and pick up their stories later. I'm open to hearing what people think.
Generally speaking it's better to avoid going back if possible, because generally speaking people will play to the end of the current content and then save there. Releasing less days at once but them being full rather than sparse would be better if it can reasonably be done. Obviously sometimes things do need changing after a day has been finished, but for things that were always planned to be in that day it's less than ideal to go past the day then have to go back again.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Is there a renpy/python guru who can answer a couple of questions?

Wondering how to list, or step through, the members of a class and its attributes (it seems like renpy adds a layer of complexity over and above what python does...).

Might be "cleaner" to message me?

Last edited:

Zenae

Jan 9, 2018
Generally speaking it's better to avoid going back if possible, because generally speaking people will play to the end of the current content and then save there. Releasing less days at once but them being full rather than sparse would be better if it can reasonably be done. Obviously sometimes things do need changing after a day has been finished, but for things that were always planned to be in that day it's less than ideal to go past the day then have to go back again.
I would agree with this for a developer that has been around for a while.

With a developer that is new and learning as he goes, though, I'd much rather he take his new knowledge and experience to make the game that he really wants. I feel like he'd be more apt to enjoy the process more and stick with the project longer.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'll get there. I think part of the problem is all the extraneous crap that's stored in renpy save files.

I will just add that a lot of the process is discovering what matters to the players, and how much variation there is.

Reactions: Zenae

Lumpy2001

Sep 15, 2017
Just want to be very sure that we are on the same page here. Are you saying you played from the very beginning in this version? Because I don't see how these errors occurred in that case. Also the r4 variable occurs on previous days, so I would have expected the error earlier if at all.

The error with the afternoon call is in a functions script outside of the story flow, so that problem makes me suspicious.

If you resumed a saved game from a previous build, I need to know more info - what version, what point in the game you saved and did you let the "timewarp" function take you back to the beginning of Day29 if that was where you finished before.

There is code at the beginning of Day 29 that is supposed to correct for some potential problems.

Finally, if you can't figure it out, email me the last save game file you have before the problem comes up.
Just to let you know, I did start from this version 0.5.2, but what I did was I deleted the original download (which was downloaded from Mixdrop) and redownloaded it from the workupload site in post #899 and now it works. I have no issues now. I wasn't able to start from a save, for some reason, so I breezed through from the beginning and got up to where my problems were and now they are gone. Thanks for looking into it from the beginning and I am so sorry if I have given you all a headache chasing my troubles around. I am looking forward to finishing this version and will be anticipating the next one!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just to let you know, I did start from this version 0.5.2, but what I did was I deleted the original download (which was downloaded from Mixdrop) and redownloaded it from the workupload site in post #899 and now it works. I have no issues now. I wasn't able to start from a save, for some reason, so I breezed through from the beginning and got up to where my problems were and now they are gone. Thanks for looking into it from the beginning and I am so sorry if I have given you all a headache chasing my troubles around. I am looking forward to finishing this version and will be anticipating the next one!
Cool, I'm glad you were able to get past the issues.

The one thing I will say is that I upload to Mega and itch. If you're getting the game from elsewhere it's at your own risk.

And I'm not supporting modded games, it's just one more complication I can do without!

Reactions: Lumpy2001

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
Very nice game. Good job on slowly shifting Kari's attitude towards MC from wariness to thirst to "we are fucking NOW." (At least the way I played.) I like Lois a lot, although her blouse teasing would result in my death from blueballs irl. And transitioning from a relatively normal game world to one with actual fucking hucow farms without completely breaking immersion? Well done. I mean, not my kink, I just admire the chutzpah and execution. I do wonder if there's actually going to eventually be any alcohol and/or tobacco consumption as the advisory warns, though?

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Is there a renpy/python guru who can answer a couple of questions?

Wondering how to list, or step through, the members of a class and its attributes (it seems like renpy adds a layer of complexity over and above what python does...).

Might be "cleaner" to message me?
EDIT:
Sent you a DM.

Last edited:

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
It will be great if Kari gets a good, prestigious position in the company (ASi)!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
It will be great if Kari gets a good, prestigious position in the company (ASi)!
One of the reasons she said she didn't want the reception position is that she didn't want people to think it was because of her relationship with MC.

I don't see her doing the stay at home wife thing, either.

But there's a long way to go before that's even an option.

Reactions: Zenae

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
One of the reasons she said she didn't want the reception position is that she didn't want people to think it was because of her relationship with MC.

But there's a long way to go before that's even an option.
I meant that Kari could get a good position in another department (for example, where she is currently working) .:
Already now she can become an employee (not just an intern). After some time, she will already be able to lead this department.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Except for the morning coffee. We can't do without it. It's a lifesaver.
Well, hers and Ashley's in fact. I wonder if Lois' morning coffee will also provide a boost at some point, because the girls are queuing and I reckon our newly appointed CEO will need a lot of energy!

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes