fastflier

Oct 29, 2018
Unofficial Android Port of:

The Roommate [v0.6.1 Public] [togs] + JokerLeader's WT Mod

MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My android port has an alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port has a textbox opacity slider and text size slider and added change name to the main menu.

if you like my ports, consider buying me a cofee as to motivate me and get me going to do more ports, and help me pay for mega storage, thanks
can you please make an android port of the latest version with the wt mod? thx!

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
I checked the thread, but I've not seen the following bug reported. When the MC arrives in London and checks into the Churchill Suite
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm playing the uncompressed version 072 without mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImperialD

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
IDK, I'm having lots of problems with the game. First I tried my old saves, the game ran, but then it jumped between scenes, time periods and characters. I fuck one girl and wake up next to another, I am at home, then in London, then I am supposed to have a meeting in London, but it jumps to afterwards in the plane. Then Kari suddenly has a sister, then four...

No matter what, it just didn't work.

Then I tried a new game, but that transports me to day 45 after just two or three days in game.
I remember this game having some quirks, but this is a buggy mess.

Edited to add:
Seems it was mostly the Joker mod creating the problems. I restarted with the new mod version and so far that seems to work fine.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: BTLD

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
IDK, I'm having lots of problems with the game. First I tried my old saves, the game ran, but then it jumped between scenes, time periods and characters. I fuck one girl and wake up next to another, I am at home, then in London, then I am supposed to have a meeting in London, but it jumps to afterwards in the plane. Then Kari suddenly has a sister, then four...

No matter what, it just didn't work.

Then I tried a new game, but that transports me to day 45 after just two or three days in game.
I remember this game having some quirks, but this is a buggy mess.

Edited to add:
Seems it was mostly the Joker mod creating the problems. I restarted with the new mod version and so far that seems to work fine.
game hasn't given me any issues ... :unsure:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
game hasn't given me any issues ... :unsure:
As I added to my original comment, I think it was a problem with the mod, once I removed it and used the new one, I could at least restart the game, and it worked then, my old saves are still shot though.

Reactions: ImperialD

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm staying out of any discussion about modded versions.

BUT... I just posted on Patreon regarding what's coming up next, and I quote...

It does look like various problems with identifying the correct receptionists have been fully resolved. I'm going to be using a little group of testers in future, because it's hard to spot your own mistakes at times.

The next release will see MC returning to work, after being "away" for a week (I'm being vague to avoid spoilers for people who haven't got that far).

He has a busy week ahead of him - there are the repercussions of the previous week's events to iron out and Lois is pushing to expand the staff, so further interviews MAY be required if you don't want to reconsider any of the previous candidates.

The new week will feature the first weekly "Casual Friday" for the office staff, although some of the girls may have differing views on what's appropriate.

The Saturday of that week is the 4th of July, and Lois expects MC to mark the occasion with a party.

On top of all that, the Calendar and Phonebook are being reworked. You'll be able to schedule certain things ahead of time, and you'll get a reminder each morning of what's on for that day.

It's integrated with the Phonebook, so you can call someone and make plans and that will show up in the calendar.

I'm currently working on resolving scheduling conflicts (so if you try to book a date with Ashley and you're already supposed to be seeing Mallory, you'll get a warning and the option to reschedule one or the other).

You might also see the girls cop an attitude if you keep changing the schedule!

I'm also trying that "look the girl up-and-down" thing I've seen in a couple of other VN's - hopefully that goes over well.

FINALLY, certain major storylines opened up in Week 7 (again, I'm being vague to avoid spoilers), but NONE of those will be forced on you - there will always be other options.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'm staying out of any discussion about modded versions.

BUT... I just posted on Patreon regarding what's coming up next, and I quote...

It does look like various problems with identifying the correct receptionists have been fully resolved. I'm going to be using a little group of testers in future, because it's hard to spot your own mistakes at times.

The next release will see MC returning to work, after being "away" for a week (I'm being vague to avoid spoilers for people who haven't got that far).

He has a busy week ahead of him - there are the repercussions of the previous week's events to iron out and Lois is pushing to expand the staff, so further interviews MAY be required if you don't want to reconsider any of the previous candidates.

The new week will feature the first weekly "Casual Friday" for the office staff, although some of the girls may have differing views on what's appropriate.

The Saturday of that week is the 4th of July, and Lois expects MC to mark the occasion with a party.

On top of all that, the Calendar and Phonebook are being reworked. You'll be able to schedule certain things ahead of time, and you'll get a reminder each morning of what's on for that day.

It's integrated with the Phonebook, so you can call someone and make plans and that will show up in the calendar.

I'm currently working on resolving scheduling conflicts (so if you try to book a date with Ashley and you're already supposed to be seeing Mallory, you'll get a warning and the option to reschedule one or the other).

You might also see the girls cop an attitude if you keep changing the schedule!

I'm also trying that "look the girl up-and-down" thing I've seen in a couple of other VN's - hopefully that goes over well.

FINALLY, certain major storylines opened up in Week 7 (again, I'm being vague to avoid spoilers), but NONE of those will be forced on you - there will always be other options.
sounds awesome (y)

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just added to is an example of how the new features work.

There's a sequence of images going from checking your calendar to calling Ashley and arranging a date.

Seems trivial at first, but in tandem with other changes, it makes for a more flexible experience.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
The "security situation" is (or will be) addressed in the next release when MC realizes his Great Uncle was more interested in being a peeping tom than keeping people safe.

And it pissed you off that unlikely things happen? Come on, it's a game.

Maybe I should just have MC be a drone, working for minimum wage and living in his mom's basement. That would be exciting.

MyklK

Feb 28, 2018
Hello Togs, I have enjoyed the game for the most fairly well so far.
Couple of things I have noticed so far:
1) Aria was quitting her job at pizzeria and thanking MC for hiring her when she was my back-up choice for Bree. This shouldn't happen unless she is one of the first two choices.
2) There are various places that need some Engrish updates ... they didn't keep me from understanding what was going on, just not proper grammar ... the biggest one that comes to mind is when Lois says "who would have thunk it" ... should have been "thought" instead of "thunk".

The posts here have already addressed my concern about no security at the condo buildings ... glad to see that you are addressing that as part of the issue between Great-uncle ideology and what MC realizes needs to be done.

I have been playing the game withOUT any mods, and I like it fairly well. I could see Carrie becoming part of the Security Team going forward with her military background (just a suggestion). Would open up room for another secretary/admin assistant.

Thanks again for the game and I hope it keeps getting better.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: togs-games

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
2) There are various places that need some Engrish updates ... they didn't keep me from understanding what was going on, just not proper grammar ... the biggest one that comes to mind is when Lois says "who would have thunk it" ... should have been "thought" instead of "thunk".
Acutely that is part of the North East way of talking. Particularly in the New York City area, and commonly heard in many other parts of the U.S. Even down in Texas.... So it's not off base at all..

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Early on in the game I tried to stay with what was once called "Basic English" for the sake of those players who aren't native speakers, but it felt like too much of a restriction, so that gradually fell by the wayside.

As for grammar and spelling? I try to make the characters speak somewhat like real people although they probably don't use "like" often enough. Other than that, I'd very much like to hear from anyone who comes across such errors!

Reactions: Vleder and Zenae
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes