VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Secret Family [v0.2.0] [Diamond Novels]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

salesman91

Sep 17, 2020
I ran a scan on the folder and nothing popped up.

-Malwarebytes Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Custom Scan
Scan Initiated By: Manual
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 1413
Threats Detected: 0
Threats Quarantined: 0

What is the location of the threat in your scan?
Detected: Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml
A threat or app was removed from this device.

Date: 4/7/2021 6:11 PM
Details: This program provides remote access to the computer it is installed on.

Below address: Plz check, because I really want confirmation on this:

The Secret Family [v0.1] [Diamond Novels]\TheSecretFamily-1.0-pc.rar|

It gets deleted as soon as the download is complete, I have tried two times and it was deleted both of the times in real time.

Last edited:

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Detected: Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml
A threat or app was removed from this device.

Date: 4/7/2021 6:11 PM
Details: This program provides remote access to the computer it is installed on.

Below address: Plz check, because I really want confirmation on this:

The Secret Family [v0.1] [Diamond Novels]\TheSecretFamily-1.0-pc.rar|

It gets deleted as soon as the download is complete, I have tried two times and it was deleted both of the times in real time.
Does it not tell you what file inside the rar it's having issues with?

Virus Total scan on the rar:

If you have a different anti-virus software, then it may be worth turning off windows defender, you can do that by:

Win10:
Go to settings (cog wheel) > Update and Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Windows Defender Antivirus Options > Disable Periodic Scanning

WinDef.png

Last edited:
Reactions: salesman91

salesman91

Sep 17, 2020
Does it not tell you what file inside the rar it's having issues with?

Virus Total scan on the rar:

If you have a different anti-virus software, then it may be worth turning off windows defender, you can do that by:

Win10:
Go to settings (cog wheel) > Update and Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Windows Defender Antivirus Options > Disable Periodic Scanning

View attachment 1130399

Ok, thanks, I will give it a shot!! I will let you know once I extracted the file and scan it afterward.

EDIT: OK, I disabled real-time protection and then scanned the folder after extracting the files. No threat detected. Windows defender is really a pain in the ass.

Last edited:

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
EDIT: OK, I disabled real-time protection and then scanned the folder after extracting the files. No threat detected. Windows defender is really a pain in the ass.
The only assumption i have is that WinDef doesn't like .rar files (as most games on here are .zip) and I presume this is the first time you've had an issue.

Glad you got it sorted though.

Reactions: ontach

salesman91

Sep 17, 2020
The only assumption i have is that WinDef doesn't like .rar files (as most games on here are .zip) and I presume this is the first time you've had an issue.

Glad you got it sorted though.

Yes this was the first time and you are right I did some research, Windows defender really does hate .rar files. Thanks for you help XX

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
Yes this was the first time and you are right I did some research, Windows defender really does hate .rar files. Thanks for you help XX
I don't think it hates them if you have WinRAR installed. Didn't bother me none. What it does mess up for me is when the game also contains a 32 bit exe.

vladiator666

Feb 1, 2021
Sure about the 65MB file?
It looks like anything but a RP install directory and misses 90% including an .exe ?

Nevermind and ignore ....

Last edited:
Reactions: siddlee

DeePee

Jul 1, 2018
"Childhood friend" "godfather" :FacePalm:

dear lord patreon is annoying :p
thankfully there are patches, but still

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes