VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Secret Family [v0.2.0] [Diamond Novels]

3.70 star(s) 15 Votes

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Well thanks for the N/A update, however the game has some good artwork and possibilities. Was looking forward to the new update and finding out how the game may or may not have changed. Along with how it will develop along with getting a better grasp on were the story line is going. The N/A change log just kind of turns me away form the game. But Honestly, what incentive are you providing anyone to download and take a look at it again when V0.2 Change log says N/A??????????
I understant it takes time and energy to produce a quality product. Along with you have a personnel life out side of game development that might interfere with your game plans and ideas. So please give us a reason for the update don't leave us hanging other wise you could lose all support. This is not meant as a grip or a bitching out, just a short comment in hopes that there is more to this update than just N/A. Otherwise it's not with the time to download and play. Thanks
TBF, the dev didn't post the update, when that happens the person who updates the thread tends not to have access to the changelog.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
A lot of great potential with this game, those girls spell trouble. :devilish:

There are quite a number of grammatical errors though, "he" instead of "she" etc. Also there's points where it feels there should be a choice given, and there isn't. Like a potential scene is setup, but is glossed over.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
loli & incest, great combination! Models & renders look good but the english text needs some work as well as a proofing for pronouns.
Would like mothers to look like actual mothers, and not their kids slightly older sister though. For the sake of immersion. Kinda feel like an unnerving dollhouse.

Reactions: MattShizzle

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The writing and dialog is just atrocious in this one. Better translation will help but I wonder if it will be enough.
Once you established characters and relations, there is no reason to keep have characters keep go "oh brother", "oh sister" all the time though. Does creators think such sprinkle the game with extra "incest fetish" spice or something? It doesn't it make it sound awkward as fuck... Then its better to use the shortened "bro, sis", or established "pet names as part of endearment or something.

The use of "dad, mom, son, aunt, uncle, cuz " fall more natural, although I never really seen someone refer to their daughter with "daughter unless formal, then it more cross into pet names, such as pumpkin, cupcake, (whatever..).

Sotak

Nov 9, 2017
The mediafile android + patch 0.2 link is bad. It runs through the download but the file is corrupted or something. Also, just curious how version 2.0 is 3 times the size of version 1.5...not an issue, just a curiosity.

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
Can someone explain the purpose of the discord-rpc library bundled with this game and why it seemingly attempts to log your user. Reminder to always run these games in a sandbox.
I just checked, and it seems that the game is turning your discord status to display to the whole world that you're playing it. With his subscribestar link next to it.
If it wasn't for your message I would have never noticed, because I don't check Discord when I play games, I usually check after quitting the game.

So yeah, people who don't want everyone to know you're playing adult games, well close discord.. Or edit the script

Last edited:

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
I just checked, and it seems that the game is turning your discord status to display to the whole world that you're playing it. With his subscribestar link next to it.
If it wasn't for your message I would have never noticed, because I don't check Discord when I play games, I usually check after quitting the game.

So yeah, people who don't want everyone to know you're playing adult games, well close discord.. Or edit the script
Hopefully that's all it does and the information isn't being logged somewhere. That's still really filthy though, obviously people probably don't want that being displayed as a banner under their name to the world.
Maybe just switching Discord to not "display the currently running game as a status message" will solve it, but I'm not sure I'd trust it (shutting it down would work though I guess, at least in this specific instance).
Again I'd highly recommend properly sandboxing questionable programs (no network access or access to things running on your system) or going a step further and using them only in disconnected virtual machines, if this kind of thing concerns you anyway. I assume most of these games are not going to do anything like this to you, but eventually one will, like this one.

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
But there isn't any news in the version 0.2? When i try to continue the 0.1 the game ends like the game in v0.2 hasn't any new images. Really?
The same thing happened to me when I tried to play v0.2 for the first time. Apparently depending on when you last saved your game in v0.1.5, v0.2 won't start. I had to load a prior save in order to see the new content.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The one thing this game needs is a proofreader, other than that I like it. It would be nice if the updates were a little longer but the game is so recent that it's not really an issue right now.

Reactions: BTLD
3.70 star(s) 15 Votes