• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

venjester

Feb 20, 2021
I encountered the same bug that syfy88man posted about yesterday, but then I saved at the entrance to the university (after refusing to save at the automatic save choice) & it worked (no reloading done). Success chance to proceed past the bug seems to be random.. sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. A very irritating bug.
Honestly, DTYM has never seen this bug in all the time weve tested this game. From demo to ch 1. But i seem to get very randomly, in the same spot and only during some updates. Its weird, DTYM i believe finally found the issue and i believe he fixed it before reupdating f9. My apologies and thank you so much for trying the game.

venjester

Feb 20, 2021
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'll check it out then. Since you're active here and seek feedback I'll throw in my 2 cents after that as well. However, gotta preface that with me being an asshole and very negativity based, so don't take to heart whatever I end up writing then.
Hey if your feedback is going to help me make a better anal scene down the road. Then im all for it.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
oomg, now i've got it.. i already saw the laptop on top of the cupboard, but i walked up to it and pressed any button on the keyboard and nothign happened, so guessed that was just for decoration... now i _clicked_ on it, using the mouse and it worked!
I guess the hint system isn't really the problem here, rather some inconsistency in the game's controls, its not clear when to use the muse and when to use the keyboard. Especially for ppl playing RPGM games more often who are used to be able to do everything by keyboard and not needing to use the mouse at all.
That explains like so much... my dear god of witchcraft, i feel like an idiot..

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
ok, i got to the fight scene with jsons "avatar" o however you may call it. I guess thats the end of this update.
But there is a "pentagram" - puzzle left in the gym, where you have to move a "soul" around... problem is, zoe is standing there, beside the soul, so you can not stand right to it so shove it left way. And if you shove it up or down right away, it just hits the edge of the map, no way for me to get behind it again so shove it to the middle of the map... is this a bug? - Zoe should not stand there afaik, as the "tour" she gave us was already done long ago and i can not interact with her in any way...

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TheSecretsOfSalem-CH1Final
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
ok, i got to the fight scene with jsons "avatar" o however you may call it. I guess thats the end of this update.
But there is a "pentagram" - puzzle left in the gym, where you have to move a "soul" around... problem is, zoe is standing there, beside the soul, so you can not stand right to it so shove it left way. And if you shove it up or down right away, it just hits the edge of the map, no way for me to get behind it again so shove it to the middle of the map... is this a bug? - Zoe should not stand there afaik, as the "tour" she gave us was already done long ago and i can not interact with her in any way...
Ye have to do the tour with Zoe, before continuing with everything else. I tried to skip the tour & encountered things the same way ye did.

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
I also noticed while playing: after that meeting in the woods, when I went to check assorted rooms (gym, pool, science room, library, ect) that dialog would pop up from Zoe like I was doing the tour with her, even though I had already finished it long before that.

Also it would help if ye had a bit more structure to the hint system: instead of listing everything one after the other, ye should have a separate screen for it so the player can pick the parts they are currently on instead of having to cycle through all the hints just to get to the relevant one at the end of the list (There were some hints I was getting about Amy's House even though I was way past that part & had to constantly cycle through those just to get to the relevant hints of the current part I was on).

It would even help to have a menu screen where ye could scroll through the assorted functions (Saves, Return to Title/End Game, Settings, Extras/Replay Room, ect). This would also help to better structure the hint system (like I had said above). In the way it is now, it is too easy to speed scroll through the choices & select the wrong one for what ye want at the time (I had to learn to press the arrow keys VERY LIGHTLY to not go to the Settings when I wanted to go to the Saves, since I naturally don't have a soft touch).

Last edited:
Reactions: Project Covenant

Project Covenant

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2023
Hi!

Are you using the bugfix version? or the final version?

Project Covenant

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2023
I also noticed while playing: after that meeting in the woods, when I went to check assorted rooms (gym, pool, science room, library, ect) that dialog would pop up from Zoe like I was doing the tour with her, even though I had already finished it long before that.

Also it would help if ye had a bit more structure to the hint system: instead of listing everything one after the other, ye should have a separate screen for it so the player can pick the parts they are currently on instead of having to cycle through all the hints just to get to the relevant one at the end of the list (There were some hints I was getting about Amy's House even though I was way past that part & had to constantly cycle through those just to get to the relevant hints of the current part I was on).

It would even help to have a menu screen where ye could scroll through the assorted functions (Saves, Return to Title/End Game, Settings, Extras/Replay Room, ect). This would also help to better structure the hint system (like I had said above). In the way it is now, it is too easy to speed scroll through the choices & select the wrong one for what ye want at the time (I had to learn to press the arrow keys VERY LIGHTLY to not go to the Settings when I wanted to go to the Saves, since I naturally don't have a soft touch).
hi mate! thank you very much for your constructive criticism :)

Have you been able to test the final version of chapter 1 instead of the bugfix version? probably that problem is already fixed.

Thank you very much!

Ruckus117

Oct 6, 2022
I'm trying to access the puzzle and skull in the library. Are those accessable yet? Am I supposed to break the white boxes to get to them? I'm not sure how to use the 2nd power. I've only used the grab power so far other than when first breaking the vase.

DemonXros

Apr 17, 2021
how many month unltil the next update? this look really promising, i am not a game profesional but if think animating a lot o f things take time, is not better use more static rpg scenes and animate some important things or scenes? i love the game so far :3 best of lucks!

Reactions: Project Covenant

Project Covenant

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2023
I have the same problem. As far as I know I've done everything correctly. The problem existed in the bugfix version and it's still there in the final version.
Maybe it is because of the save file, in the case of the final version it came from a new game? in case you have used the save game from the bugfix version the error will most likely persist.

Project Covenant

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2023
how many month unltil the next update? this look really promising, i am not a game profesional but if think animating a lot o f things take time, is not better use more static rpg scenes and animate some important things or scenes? i love the game so far :3 best of lucks!
Thank you very much!

We didn't have a clear release schedule back then, now thanks to our recent collaborators we are trying to deliver monthly or every two months depending on the content of the chapter in question. Thank you!

Reactions: DemonXros

aussieblue

Jan 17, 2020
Maybe it is because of the save file, in the case of the final version it came from a new game? in case you have used the save game from the bugfix version the error will most likely persist.
I am using a save from the bugfix version but that shouldn't have any effect unless there's a particular switch within the save file that should be ticked and isn't.