VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Game mechanics are always a huge update, content, unless there's a massive load of it all at once, is not. Unlike content, the mechanics have to be thoroughly tested so that they work properly on release and they may not be fully bug free even then, not to mention the massive blocks of code per mechanic depending on the language and how advanced within that language the mechanic is.
That's true. Just to give you an idea of what @alex2011 is talking about here's an example. Just the file with the code for proper functioning of the in-game phone has over 2500 lines of code. And that's without the SMS system which is in two separate files.

More so, the file with the Danielle dialogues and scenes has over 4200 lines of code/dialogues.

Now, I do understand that someone with greater coding knowledge and experience would be able to do my work in shorter amount of time and with better written code but unfortunately I'm still a noob in terms of coding hence the big code.

Now, to the important matters. Since I'm not getting any younger I've decided I will put the 0.1.4. update in segments to speed up the process and to give you something to play. So here's the plan:

1. In the next 1-2 days I will release the 0.1.4. which will contain just the Danielle (mom) story and scenes. We are talking over a 100 images and over 20 new animations.
2. In around 5-7 days I will release an update to 0.1.4. with the following content: New map, diner location, general store location, subway location and subway train location
3. In around 10-12 days I will release an update to 0.1.4. with the following content: 3 new random encounters
4. In around 14-20 days I will release the final update to 0.1.4. with the following content: Additional Gracie's dialogues and scenes, shady shop location, SMS system, beach/resort location

Now, the first release will be available for my Patreons only and as I will release my following updates the previous releases be will be made public.

Also, worth noting is that I will try to build my first release with all the variables and code in place, so if you already have the 0.1.3c update you wont need to download the releases as they come but simply update the game via the ingame updating system. Now, if I will do everything right you wont need to start the game from scratch every time it updates but, hopefully, your old saves will work and you'll just continue the game with new content. Like I said, hopefully.

I will try to keep you posted here on the f95zone, but for more recent and fresh announcements visit my Patreon page.

Tk42799

Dec 3, 2017
That's true. Just to give you an idea of what @alex2011 is talking about here's an example. Just the file with the code for proper functioning of the in-game phone has over 2500 lines of code. And that's without the SMS system which is in two separate files.

More so, the file with the Danielle dialogues and scenes has over 4200 lines of code/dialogues.

Now, I do understand that someone with greater coding knowledge and experience would be able to do my work in shorter amount of time and with better written code but unfortunately I'm still a noob in terms of coding hence the big code.

Now, to the important matters. Since I'm not getting any younger I've decided I will put the 0.1.4. update in segments to speed up the process and to give you something to play. So here's the plan:

1. In the next 1-2 days I will release the 0.1.4. which will contain just the Danielle (mom) story and scenes. We are talking over a 100 images and over 20 new animations.
2. In around 5-7 days I will release an update to 0.1.4. with the following content: New map, diner location, general store location, subway location and subway train location
3. In around 10-12 days I will release an update to 0.1.4. with the following content: 3 new random encounters
4. In around 14-20 days I will release the final update to 0.1.4. with the following content: Additional Gracie's dialogues and scenes, shady shop location, SMS system, beach/resort location

Now, the first release will be available for my Patreons only and as I will release my following updates the previous releases be will be made public.

Also, worth noting is that I will try to build my first release with all the variables and code in place, so if you already have the 0.1.3c update you wont need to download the releases as they come but simply update the game via the ingame updating system. Now, if I will do everything right you wont need to start the game from scratch every time it updates but, hopefully, your old saves will work and you'll just continue the game with new content. Like I said, hopefully.

I will try to keep you posted here on the f95zone, but for more recent and fresh announcements visit my Patreon page.
Well...based on all your comments, I believe we will be in for quite an updated experience. I am really looking forward to it....here's hoping it comes out soon.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Ok, the 0.1.4a is out for my patrons. I will make it publicly available in a couple of days.

This version is still lacking most of the features and game mechanics that will be gradually added throughout the next couple of updates but it has what is most important and that is the complete Danielle story with two different story paths to choose from. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Cheers.

Norexy

Jan 7, 2017
Ok, the 0.1.4a is out for my patrons. I will make it publicly available in a couple of days.

This version is still lacking most of the features and game mechanics that will be gradually added throughout the next couple of updates but it has what is most important and that is the complete Danielle story with two different story paths to choose from. I will keep you updated on the progress.

Cheers.
is that mean 1 week ?

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
is that mean 1 week ?
Something like that. Maybe less. As soon as I finish implementing new map and new map location into the game I will realese 0.1.4b for my Patreon which means that 0.1.4a will be made available to everyone.

harrisonford

Jul 12, 2017
Stuck with kissing mom as well. Went into the images, apparently you can meet her in the bedroom and bathroom. Those rooms aren't available to enter. Bug?

harrisonford

Jul 12, 2017
yup bugged. you have to go the help dad route to see the bedroom content but then the game loops back to living room before the third phase where mom is supposed to demonstrate her skills

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Are anyones old saves working from previous versions? Can't seem to get mine to work.

Hartigan

Nov 6, 2017
Is it really too much of a developer that he at least provides a save file to the new version, so that not all users have to play the game for start again at each new Version ?

There are enough clever developers in the meantime who pretend that something works !)

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
An extremely good game, content is enough for about 1 hour (If you don't skip from the start). Although in the current version you can only get as far as kissing with like 5 characters (Mother included in that 5).

While currently somewhat crude with a number of bugs and systems that don't work (Phone has like 1 interaction with a lot of empty space, and maybe a couple of pictures that will appear in it.) I will say that if the dev wants it, this can grow to be into something akin to Corruption or other similar games. Just needs a lot of work and effort.

NyuNyu

Oct 8, 2017
so basically wait for next version or a patch to current version i can wait got other games to beat first

gabrielmarxs

Mar 2, 2018
Well... if the saves do not work, I will wait a little bit for more content to play through. (This game is really good/promisent, loved the teacher).

Reactions: Stuka47
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes