VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
any save game i tried
I thought so. This is the infamous save game bug. Basically every time I change something in the game and post an update your old save files stop working. This is the problem with the Ren'py engine and I still have to figure out how to avoid that from happening in the future.

For now I will post savegame files with the future updates so you wont lose all of your progress.

Reactions: Otyi and Centurion

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Thank you so much for your kind answers at all the questions. We really appreciate have devs like you here. :)
It's no problem at all. I found out that the entire community here, on Patreon, Discord and lemmasoft regarding the development of renpy titles has been really fantastic and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Reactions: Tk42799 and rgnar62

Tk42799

Dec 3, 2017
First off...thanks for the update and your continued comments about where you want to take this game.

I am extremely encouraged that you continue to maintain a positive approach and response to comments of so many criticisms. Yeah...it's a bit frustrating and as a lurker, I want the end product now but, I believe so many of us see the potential of where we want this game to go. Keep working at it, keep the updates coming and I believe...you may actually convince some of us to show that support towards you on Patreon.

Cheers, :D

Reactions: Yc3k

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
So this update focuses on your mom only while all the other young hotties are stuck? Also the game told me it's over as soon as I kissed 3 girls, so where exactly are these 11 videos you keep mentioning? I think the game is nice and has potential, but if for whatever reason you ignore your mom, all the other content is missing. You get to have some affections and kiss them and that about it. Nothing else, nada

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
Didn't even make through the first day before quitting this game. Too much superfluous dialogue in the intro, either cut it down to the minimum needed to convey the necessary information, or make it interesting/funny to read.
As for the actual game play, it suffers from the same issue that most time management games on here suffer from. Tedious point grinding with too little progress combined with too much time with too little to do. The whole point of time management games is that you have too little time to do too many things so you have to use the time effectively. Not have 1 or 2 options each day and then skip to the next day just to repeat.

Just my 2 cents anyway, not trying to be an asshole though it might come across that way. Keep up the good work.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Didn't even make through the first day before quitting this game. Too much superfluous dialogue in the intro, either cut it down to the minimum needed to convey the necessary information, or make it interesting/funny to read.
As for the actual game play, it suffers from the same issue that most time management games on here suffer from. Tedious point grinding with too little progress combined with too much time with too little to do. The whole point of time management games is that you have too little time to do too many things so you have to use the time effectively. Not have 1 or 2 options each day and then skip to the next day just to repeat.

Just my 2 cents anyway, not trying to be an asshole though it might come across that way. Keep up the good work.
Finished the whole thing in a few hours, didn't find 1 sex scene in it until I've read the change log. So apparently he focused on the mom this whole time. I would have liked it more if he would've added something to the 3 girls you try to pickup though.

tylerdurden123

Jan 28, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'danielle_help_03_repeat'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/danielle_talk.rpyc", line 39, in script
  File "/Users/ulasbingol/MEGAsync Downloads/The_Senior.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1552, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "/Users/ulasbingol/MEGAsync Downloads/The_Senior.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 861, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Darwin-17.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.4a

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
So this update focuses on your mom only while all the other young hotties are stuck? Also the game told me it's over as soon as I kissed 3 girls, so where exactly are these 11 videos you keep mentioning? I think the game is nice and has potential, but if for whatever reason you ignore your mom, all the other content is missing. You get to have some affections and kiss them and that about it. Nothing else, nada
That's right. I've already said that the dev process for this game will be as following.

Put all chars one by one into the game upto lvl 2/3. That's the kissing part. After all 10 of the are in the game I will start building towards more interesting stuff.

The animations are in there. I Didn't lie. Play trough both Danielle paths and you should see them.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017

Hi mate.

So, first things first. This game is advertised as a text heavy VN/Dating Sim. If you don't like that kind of games then you'll hate this one. Criticizing the game just because it doesn't have your prefered game play style is kinda silly. No offense please, I'm not trying to insult you.

Secondly, I know the game lacks content but then again the game is in version 0.1.x, so you can be sure that by the time it reaches 1.0 it will have enough content to last you hours. I understand you all want a finished game with loads of content from the start but that content needs to be created first and I'm doing this as a side project in my spare time and I'm all alone. :)

Please don't take this post the wrong way. I this is not a rant, rather just trying to explain you my point of view.

Reactions: phreadom

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/danielle_talk.rpyc", line 39, in script
  File "/Users/ulasbingol/MEGAsync Downloads/The_Senior.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1552, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "/Users/ulasbingol/MEGAsync Downloads/The_Senior.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/script.py", line 861, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Darwin-17.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.4a
Did you donwload the latest version from my Patreon page, because this is a bug from a previous 0.1.4a version that has been fixed in the meantime.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Finished the whole thing in a few hours, didn't find 1 sex scene in it until I've read the change log. So apparently he focused on the mom this whole time. I would have liked it more if he would've added something to the 3 girls you try to pickup though.
The game will have 10 playable female chars. I'm adding them one by one upto the kissing scene. When I add them all I will start to expand the chars. Until then, sorry, only kissing the girls.

Reactions: phreadom

RobNorthman

Jun 20, 2017
Hi mate.

So, first things first. This game is advertised as a text heavy VN/Dating Sim. If you don't like that kind of games then you'll hate this one. Criticizing the game just because it doesn't have your prefered game play style is kinda silly. No offense please, I'm not trying to insult you.

Secondly, I know the game lacks content but then again the game is in version 0.1.x, so you can be sure that by the time it reaches 1.0 it will have enough content to last you hours. I understand you all want a finished game with loads of content from the start but that content needs to be created first and I'm doing this as a side project in my spare time and I'm all alone. :)

Please don't take this post the wrong way. I this is not a rant, rather just trying to explain you my point of view.
Most of my favorite games could be considered text heavy, and I'm a sucker for a good story. It's not that i dislike text heavy games, but the text should serve a specific purpose, be it passing on information, entice and entertain or furthering the story along. Unnecessary repetition or statements of the obvious only serves to slow down momentum and making reading it a chore.

As for the time management part, I get that it's still early in development, and like I said before this isn't something specific to your game, but a general problem with TM games posted here. My suggestion would be to add some simple daily repeatable quests or fillers that doesn't need much effort, maybe just a line of text and a minor reward, like mow a random lawn for a few $ or wash dishes/clean x room for a few mom points. Nothing that requires a lot of work from a devs perspective but still serves to fill the players time with something that feels productive rather than skipping ahead because there's nothing else to do.

Again, sorry to be an asshole, I know most people don't realize how much work goes into making a game so I respect anyone who puts in the time and effort to make one.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Most of my favorite games could be considered text heavy, and I'm a sucker for a good story. It's not that i dislike text heavy games, but the text should serve a specific purpose, be it passing on information, entice and entertain or furthering the story along. Unnecessary repetition or statements of the obvious only serves to slow down momentum and making reading it a chore.

As for the time management part, I get that it's still early in development, and like I said before this isn't something specific to your game, but a general problem with TM games posted here. My suggestion would be to add some simple daily repeatable quests or fillers that doesn't need much effort, maybe just a line of text and a minor reward, like mow a random lawn for a few $ or wash dishes/clean x room for a few mom points. Nothing that requires a lot of work from a devs perspective but still serves to fill the players time with something that feels productive rather than skipping ahead because there's nothing else to do.

Again, sorry to be an asshole, I know most people don't realize how much work goes into making a game so I respect anyone who puts in the time and effort to make one.
Hi mate.

I apologize for misunderstanding you at first. I wasn't aware I repeat myself and tbh you are the first person to have criticize my writing. I am aware I'm not Tolkien but the most time I've spent in development of this game is the time I've spent writing the dialogues. I try really hard to make it an interesting read and to avoid onedimensional characters and cliche story. Furthermore I try really hard to pass on the neccessery information through the story and try to avoid dull conversations. I guess I failed. Maybe when I'll have more time I'll reread all of the dialogues and improve them a little bit.

Everything you've sad about the small tasks, quick quests, etc. is already planned to be in the game. If you read through the previous posta you'll see that pretty much everything you said I should put into the game is already on my to-do list. You have just discovered this game too early in the dev process and I didn't had the time to implement it all. In a few updates the story will be quite different. I've played through enough VN's to know what I must put into mine.

You're not an asshole. I appreciate your input and it means much more to me when someone critiques my game with good arguments instead of saying: "Your game sucks." without explaining why or whats wrong.

Thank you and I will try to do my best to deliver.

Reactions: Jim Webb

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I also appreciate what hard work Developers put into some of the games, but I have tried to persevere with this for too long, there are loads of far better games out there at the moment. This one is off my list.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I also appreciate what hard work Developers put into some of the games, but I have tried to persevere with this for too long, there are loads of far better games out there at the moment. This one is off my list.
Yeah I know.

I'm gonna continue to work hard and maybe someday my game will be on the top list.

Hope to see you again.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes