VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I thought so. This is the infamous save game bug. Basically every time I change something in the game and post an update your old save files stop working. This is the problem with the Ren'py engine and I still have to figure out how to avoid that from happening in the future.

For now I will post savegame files with the future updates so you wont lose all of your progress.
i wonder if any of the devs who have figured out how to update save games will help you with it.
i dunno how they do it myself, but have been really glad to see 'savegame updated to vxx.xx'

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
i wonder if any of the devs who have figured out how to update save games will help you with it.
i dunno how they do it myself, but have been really glad to see 'savegame updated to vxx.xx'
I've posted the question on lemmasoft. Hopefully the will have some advice.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Oh and another suggestion, please let the names show on the map instead of only showing when hovered, I play on a Windows tablet and I had to memorize the locations after I went into them 1 by 1 not knowing what follows. Some of them are obvious such as the school. Should also add somekind of a tooltip or something on clickable items. I often found myself in a place where I randomly clicked all over the place just to exit it (such as the school locker, exiting requires you to click on the floor, weird right?)

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
i don't know where it is, it just repeat daily life without trigger scene,
am i missing something?
maybe little walkthrough could help.. :)

sorry bad english.. :)
The content as follows wake up in the morning go to school, at the locker you find Haley and Claudia, Claudia only has interaction to tutor her, you can talk to haley

In class you have Chloe or whatever to your left and the teacher, nothing else can be interacted with.

Get all girls relation to at least 50, then move to flirt, after the fliry lines start to get repetitive, go to kiss, repeat it 2-3 times each time different result. The game will let you know once you kissed all 3 girls and say the game is over, but you can choose to freeroam.

Your mom can be found in 1 of the rooms downstairs in the evenings. Same deal as with the above.

Reactions: Reese286

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Oh and another suggestion, please let the names show on the map instead of only showing when hovered, I play on a Windows tablet and I had to memorize the locations after I went into them 1 by 1 not knowing what follows. Some of them are obvious such as the school. Should also add somekind of a tooltip or something on clickable items. I often found myself in a place where I randomly clicked all over the place just to exit it (such as the school locker, exiting requires you to click on the floor, weird right?)
OK, haven't considered that some one might play this on a Windows tablet. Will put it on my to-do list.

Claudia only has interaction to tutor her
Actually Claudia can also be seduced to kiss level. Will add additional levels in coming patches. The difference between her and other girls are the path you can use to get there. You can tutor her, as you said, and through that gain her affection or you can blackmail her into it.

Reactions: rgnar62

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
Hi mate.

I apologize for misunderstanding you at first. I wasn't aware I repeat myself and tbh you are the first person to have criticize my writing. I am aware I'm not Tolkien but the most time I've spent in development of this game is the time I've spent writing the dialogues. I try really hard to make it an interesting read and to avoid onedimensional characters and cliche story. Furthermore I try really hard to pass on the neccessery information through the story and try to avoid dull conversations. I guess I failed. Maybe when I'll have more time I'll reread all of the dialogues and improve them a little bit.

Everything you've sad about the small tasks, quick quests, etc. is already planned to be in the game. If you read through the previous posta you'll see that pretty much everything you said I should put into the game is already on my to-do list. You have just discovered this game too early in the dev process and I didn't had the time to implement it all. In a few updates the story will be quite different. I've played through enough VN's to know what I must put into mine.

You're not an asshole. I appreciate your input and it means much more to me when someone critiques my game with good arguments instead of saying: "Your game sucks." without explaining why or whats wrong.

Thank you and I will try to do my best to deliver.
I think you're writting is pretty good not Tolkien good:D but, compared to an lot of other Vn's good!

Reactions: Yc3k

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
cool, fingers crossed....
Good news. The guys at lemmasoft have been super helpfull as always and they gave me quite a few tips on how to avoid the save game bug. I will definetely test the as soon as I can.

The bad news is that no matter how hard I try or how good I write the code it is impossible to eliminate this bug. Which means that I can make this bug not appear for most of the players but not for all. Well that's a start at least.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Good news. The guys at lemmasoft have been super helpfull as always and they gave me quite a few tips on how to avoid the save game bug. I will definetely test the as soon as I can.

The bad news is that no matter how hard I try or how good I write the code it is impossible to eliminate this bug. Which means that I can make this bug not appear for most of the players but not for all. Well that's a start at least.
hopefully if you do a savegame d/l for before this version, all will be well again.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
hopefully if you do a savegame d/l for before this version, all will be well again.
Well I first have to test those methods and then implement them into my game, a but if the guys at lemmasoft are right it should fix most of the problems with save game. Fingers crossed.

jikhak

May 5, 2017
can some one help me?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'danielle_help_03_kitchen_repeat'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "danielle_talk.rpyc", line 136, in script
  File "E:\game\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1552, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\game\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\script.py", line 861, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.4a

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
can some one help me?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "danielle_talk.rpyc", line 136, in script
  File "E:\game\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1552, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "E:\game\The_Senior-0.1.4a-win\renpy\script.py", line 861, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
 0.1.4a
This bug has been resolved in the latest release of 0.1.4a. If you have the latest release then the error might ocure if you use an old save file from a previous version. I'll try to fix this save game bug in the next patch.

arnel19702017

Dec 5, 2017
wow, starting to love this game :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::FeelsGoodMan: one question though, are all the girls only at kiss level for now nothing more?:eazyHype:

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
wow, starting to love this game :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::FeelsGoodMan: one question though, are all the girls only at kiss level for now nothing more?:eazyHype:
Yes, unfortunately you can only progress to kiss level for now. I still have to add 5 female chars into the game then I'll start to add more content for them.

Reactions: revan335
3.50 star(s) 13 Votes