VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Game crashes if you try to buy jewelry at the gift store.
@Yc3k here is the error report when you try to buy jewelry.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'JewleryBuyScreen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\******\Downloads\ - unplayed\The_Senior-0.1.4d-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\******\Downloads\ - unplayed\The_Senior-0.1.4d-win\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\******\Downloads\ - unplayed\The_Senior-0.1.4d-win\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\******\Downloads\ - unplayed\The_Senior-0.1.4d-win\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "gift_shop.rpyc", line 200, in script
File "C:\Users\******\Downloads\ - unplayed\The_Senior-0.1.4d-win\renpy\script.py", line 873, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'JewleryBuyScreen'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
0.1.4d
Wed Oct 31 13:04:05 2018
If you get this error messages then use a clean save and start a new game. The jewelry bug got created when I figured out I spelled jewelry wrong and corrected that. Since the jewelry (or how I misspelled it in the previous version jewlery) were present in the old version of the game loading your old save file will cause the renpy to "call" on a label that is misspelled thus nonexistant.

I will try to avoid this kind of mistakes in the future. Sorry guys.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Do you have sex with your mom while she's sleeping?
No, the sex scenes are not there yet. Wait for the next update.

NIGHT can not enter at mom bedroom
why ??
I don't know. Do you get some kind of error or message telling you why you can't enter?

And this is how devs score points with those of us not talented/creative enough to create our own stuff!
Well, in the end it's all about the players, isn't it? If I was creating this game for myself alone then I wouldn't bother to share it with you guys. :)

Did you buy the lock pick?
The lockpick is only needed if mom kicks you out of her bedroom or you've woken her up too many times and she starts to get suspicus and starts locking the doors during the night.

@Yc3k I have found a little mistake on the handy when you will chat with mom.On the buttom is written chat with grandpa.Here i have make a screenshot
Thank you for that, mate. Must have missed it while testing. Will fix it for the patch.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I'm a little confused by the version progression... back in August, you released 0.1.4b and now (3 months later) you're releasing 0.1.4d. I (and most people familiar with standard versioning) expect bug fixes to be added with letters, while new content will increment the last number. A major change to the platform (switching from RPGM to Renpy, for example) might be indicated by a change to the middle version number, and finalizing the game (adding endings) would be the left-most number.

I realize these are not hard and fast rules, and you're free to do whatever you want; I just wanted to point out common practice and expectations. I personally don't bother with bug fix builds most of the time unless they fix game-breaking bugs that I hit. I was about to skip over this update since it looked like just a bug fix, but after reading more closely I see that there's content. Not sure how many others will not download, thinking it's just a bug fix, but it's probably a considerable number.
I get you're confused with the missing 0.1.4c. I've talked about that a few posts back. Basically 0.1.4c was really a testing platform for the Danielle sleep scene and was never intended to be released to the public but was only released for my patrons and several testers.

This version is still indicated by a letter rather then a last/middle number because it's still not finished. Around 95% of the stuff I intended to put into this release is already in it but there are still a few that needs to be put it.

When everything I planned for this update is finished I'll upload a 0.2.0 version because, just like you, I too think it deserves the change in the middle number considering the amount of work that was put into it.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
Cool cool...

So, here's a fix for those who don't want to start over... works for me anyway. As dev said above, this probably won't fix things in future versions, just 0.1.4d. Just copy into /game/ folder.

xb

Nov 9, 2017
Cool cool...

So, here's a fix for those who don't want to start over... works for me anyway. As dev said above, this probably won't fix things in future versions, just 0.1.4d. Just copy into /game/ folder.
It works if you click on the Jewelry - not if you click on the $

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Cool cool...

I don't think this will work mate, cause as far as I can see you've changed "if inv_gift.buy("Jewelry")" into "if inv_gift.buy("Jewlery")".

The problem is that the inventory is located in the main script.rpy file and there will be no item called Jewlery in it so you're probably get an error if you try to buy it.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It works if you click on the Jewelry - not if you click on the $
My suggestion is to not to change anything cause the "Jewelry" labels, classes and items are spread across several files in the game. If you change the name in one and not the others you will probably get an error at some point or something will brake.

I know I fucked up with this the first time I misspelled it but what's done is done.

If you want to "fix" this problem. Start a new game with a clean save and I guarantee it will work flawlessly.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Where can I buy lockpicks or access the black market?
During the night visit the "General Store" on the main map. There's a truck on the left of the store that leads you to the back alley behind the store. There you should find Steve. :)

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
OK, for all of you who are having trouble with Danielle waking up too often during the sleep attack do the following.

There is a random factor to her waking up. Every time you do something to her the chance of her waking up increases.

So when you make the first "move her arm" or "move her leg" the chance of her waking up is 0%. After the first action, the next action has a 20% chance of her waking up. The next one has 40%, the next one has 60% and so on.

To reduce the chance of her waking up you can do 2 things.

1. Buy Chloroform from Steve and use it on Danielle
This will lower the her chance of waking up by half. In other words first action instead of 20% chance of her waking up the chance will be 10%, second action instead of 40% you have 20% and so on

2. Take her out to the beach
Once mom catches you groping her you will have a conversation with her that could lead to her inviting you to the beach resort. There you will have an option to put suntan on her. Do it cause it will relax her and she will think that your desires are satisfied thus she will sleep a little tighter for the next couple of days. Which means her chance of waking up is halved just like with the Chloroform! This effect is not permanent and will only last you for couple of days so if you're a regular groper be sure to take her to the beach every few days.

When used those two together every action will increase her chance of waking up by 5% instead of the usual 20% meaning you'll probably get a much better chance of groping the shit out of her without consequences. :)

Mind you, this is still random and even if you use both tactics there is still a chance she will wake up mid-grope regardless.

Hope I helped.

Reactions: Hlextor and rgnar62

maik2578

May 1, 2018
OK, for all of you who are having trouble with Danielle waking up too often during the sleep attack do the following.

There is a random factor to her waking up. Every time you do something to her the chance of her waking up increases.

So when you make the first "move her arm" or "move her leg" the chance of her waking up is 0%. After the first action, the next action has a 20% chance of her waking up. The next one has 40%, the next one has 60% and so on.

To reduce the chance of her waking up you can do 2 things.

1. Buy Chloroform from Steve and use it on Danielle
This will lower the her chance of waking up by half. In other words first action instead of 20% chance of her waking up the chance will be 10%, second action instead of 40% you have 20% and so on

2. Take her out to the beach
Once mom catches you groping her you will have a conversation with her that could lead to her inviting you to the beach resort. There you will have an option to put suntan on her. Do it cause it will relax her and she will think that your desires are satisfied thus she will sleep a little tighter for the next couple of days. Which means her chance of waking up is halved just like with the Chloroform! This effect is not permanent and will only last you for couple of days so if you're a regular groper be sure to take her to the beach every few days.

When used those two together every action will increase her chance of waking up by 5% instead of the usual 20% meaning you'll probably get a much better chance of groping the shit out of her without consequences. :)

Mind you, this is still random and even if you use both tactics there is still a chance she will wake up mid-grope regardless.

Hope I helped.
That could not be right, when you do so and then move first leg and then use chloroform she will wake up every time.
Also Bug that you can use Chloroform multi times.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
That could not be right, when you do so and then move first leg and then use chloroform she will wake up every time.
Also Bug that you can use Chloroform multi times.
OK, thanks for the info. Will check it out.

***EDIT***
OK, I've found the bug and fixed it. It will be fixed in the next patch. Thank you for the info.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes