VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Senior [v0.1.7] [Yc3k]

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Do you know this is a pirate site and your "approve" is not needed, right?
You know I could easily change the passwords and the download links and you couldn't download the game, right?

I know what this site is and that you don't need my approval for anything, but I also hoped that someone would actually ask if it is OK to share something I made that was not intended for public release just yet. I would still probably say yes and, as you can see, I haven't changed the passwords or links for the update and also try to help out the community here as much as I can. All I ask in return is to ask me if it's OK to post something of mine before posting it. I don't think I'm asking too much. Am I?

Why would you be the only one to get preferential treatment on the site? I'm sure 99% of patreon creators would love to have a say on when their stuff goes public. As mentioned, this is a pirate site, and while it certainly does a lot of good for creators in brining in patreons and exposure, you also have the downside in that it will be shared here. If you want to hinder sharing, you would be better off asking on your patreaon, after all it's someone that is your follower that has leaked it.
Again.. I'm not asking for special treatment. Never did. I know one of my supporters leaked it and that's fine. I was just hoping that one would ask me if it is OK to do so. Nothing more. Like I answered before. I haven't changed the passwords or link even though I could've after it was leaked.

I had an error in the gift shop when the MC try to buy Jewelry and that close the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Same here.
there is a bug

When you buy jewelry at the gift shop, the game crashes

If you get this error message than that means you've been using and old save file from a pre 0.1.3 version. Start a new game with a fresh save file and the error should dissapear.

Not to be rude or anything, but this website is for sharing games. With and without approval of the creators.
So unfortunately, your game will be shared whenever a patron of yours feels like sharing it. Whether they have your approval or not doesn't matter, this is the whole point of F95zone.

You should also actually be thankful your game is being shared here, because this is the biggest adult game forum to my knowledge and any game shared here will reach a very wide audience, which means you're getting free advertisement and eventually more people to support you on patreon.
Some people, myself included, would only support games on patreon that they like. And I can't tell if I like it before playing it, which means I won't pay until I've tested it for free and see "hey, this game is amazing and the dev/the team is doing awesome work. I'll support them with a few bucks"
I am mate. Don't get me wrong. And I am active on this site and try to help out as much as I can. The issue was that this update was not intended for public release yet... and I stress out YET. It really doesen't matter anymore. The release is out, I will not change the links or the passwords for the download. Let's drop it.

is incest still an option in the game?
Always was and always will be.

let be honest the game has future, but the pace (speed) is going and the content keeps being poor has hell, non-stop kiss level which is getting annoying we want action for once, the true action we might see it in like 10 years cause we might see more girls and more kiss lvl's, YC3K with although respect ur release system sucks, u say u didn't approve the update to be released here when its a pirate website and i think patreons are in their right cause they payed u money to get the game and most likely this update would have been release like in year due to delays, now the game will be on-hold which more likely will be abandonned cause people most likely will forget about the game like i will do cause the updates are slow to ur release system and ur delays.
I'm trying to pick up the pace with the releases. I'm a slow dev and have very little time available. I'm very well aware that that is the main reason for my low support but it's a never ending loop. To get more supporters I would need to release more content. To release more content I would need to work much more on the game. To work more on the game I would need to have more free time. To have more free time I would need to quit my dayjob. I can't quit my dayjob cause I'm not earning enough from my supporters. To earn enough from supporters I would need more supporters. :)

All in all I do try to balance between my real life and this and it's very hard. I've picked up the pace with the 0.1.6. and will try to release smaller "incremental" updates more frequently instead of one large every couple of months.

44 new images in like what 6 months...I get not having enough patrons to support yourself; but, you have to do more on your game when your not working,and on your off days. you can't expect your patreon to grow with so little work being put into your games. look at games like corrupted and max life's for good honey select games.
I'm very aware of that, but you need to understand a couple of things. I have a full time job. I have a wife and two kids that takes up majority of my free time and energy and I've been in and out of hospitals for the past month because I have MS and I had some problems with it recently. So, yeah... I'm trying guys. :)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/danielle_talk.rpy", line 3861, in <module>
NameError: name 'danielle_loctaion' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "danielle_talk.rpyc", line 3859, in script
  File "E:\dcim\The_Senior-0.1.5-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "E:\dcim\The_Senior-0.1.5-win\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "E:\dcim\The_Senior-0.1.5-win\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/danielle_talk.rpy", line 3861, in <module>
NameError: name 'danielle_loctaion' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Sat Mar 30 20:38:49 2019
I think that this problem would be resolved with starting a new game with a fresh save file.

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
You know I could easily change the passwords and the download links and you couldn't download the game, right?

I know what this site is and that you don't need my approval for anything, but I also hoped that someone would actually ask if it is OK to share something I made that was not intended for public release just yet. I would still probably say yes and, as you can see, I haven't changed the passwords or links for the update and also try to help out the community here as much as I can. All I ask in return is to ask me if it's OK to post something of mine before posting it. I don't think I'm asking too much. Am I?

Again.. I'm not asking for special treatment. Never did. I know one of my supporters leaked it and that's fine. I was just hoping that one would ask me if it is OK to do so. Nothing more. Like I answered before. I haven't changed the passwords or link even though I could've after it was leaked.

If you get this error message than that means you've been using and old save file from a pre 0.1.3 version. Start a new game with a fresh save file and the error should dissapear.

I am mate. Don't get me wrong. And I am active on this site and try to help out as much as I can. The issue was that this update was not intended for public release yet... and I stress out YET. It really doesen't matter anymore. The release is out, I will not change the links or the passwords for the download. Let's drop it.

I'm trying to pick up the pace with the releases. I'm a slow dev and have very little time available. I'm very well aware that that is the main reason for my low support but it's a never ending loop. To get more supporters I would need to release more content. To release more content I would need to work much more on the game. To work more on the game I would need to have more free time. To have more free time I would need to quit my dayjob. I can't quit my dayjob cause I'm not earning enough from my supporters. To earn enough from supporters I would need more supporters. :)

All in all I do try to balance between my real life and this and it's very hard. I've picked up the pace with the 0.1.6. and will try to release smaller "incremental" updates more frequently instead of one large every couple of months.

I'm very aware of that, but you need to understand a couple of things. I have a full time job. I have a wife and two kids that takes up majority of my free time and energy and I've been in and out of hospitals for the past month because I have MS and I had some problems with it recently. So, yeah... I'm trying guys. :)

I think that this problem would be resolved with starting a new game with a fresh save file.
man that sucks you have ms my mom has that shit. she will occasionally lose her step and fall. her memory is starting to get gradually worse too.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I know what this site is and that you don't need my approval for anything, but I also hoped that someone would actually ask if it is OK to share something I made that was not intended for public release just yet.
You're complaining in the wrong place. If it was a Patreon-only release, then your complaint is with one of your Patreon supporters.

Also, should I point out the absurdity of expecting pirates to ask for your permission/approval/love/support before pirating and sharing? C'mon dude...

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I get an error when I chat with the girls via phone. I think Danielle is working.
The other girls have no label or it is not implemented yet, don't know.
And it was from a fresh start.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
I'm trying to pick up the pace with the releases. I'm a slow dev and have very little time available. I'm very well aware that that is the main reason for my low support but it's a never ending loop. To get more supporters I would need to release more content. To release more content I would need to work much more on the game. To work more on the game I would need to have more free time.

Ok, the major problem is not the size of the update but the content it has, u can switch a kiss level for something else it takes a little more time then a simple kiss scene but its worth it at least for ur supporters, this is one of the major causes of u not having more patreon's, once again i will mention ur release system need some work since there is far amount of time between the release of one version to other and if it has delays during them will cause the public version to be "delayed" for along time like this last update was going to happen, keep working on the game at ur pace but consider change once in a while the content, u have here a great game but it wont succeeded in snap of a finger.

yok ki

Jul 24, 2018

I just ignored it. Don't know if it will cause more problems later on.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I've not played this game, yet I have a suggestion I've seen in other games, if I may.

Have one girl be a little slutty, easy, whatever you want to call it. She can do the occasional H scene to keep people's interest whilst they're grinding away romancing the main character(s).

For reference, see Dating My Daughter as the most prominent example of this religion.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
There wasn't going to be any sex with the daughter in DmD for a very very long time which is why they added side characters for the MC to go after during that time otherwise there wouldn't of been many left waiting or supporting them. You only really need side characters if sex is going to drawn out a long time with a main character. Melody they did the same thing had many side characters that you could do stuff with to tie you over till you got to the main event in the game.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
@Korben Dallas
exactly i have no idea why some game developers think that there game wont be leaked or pirated on a pirate site
It's worth noting that other developers take a different approach than the passive-aggressive shade-throwing. CheekyGimp, dev of Where The Heart Is, has offered F95 exclusives for not posting releases until all his top-tier patrons get their advance release. It didn't work, lol, but it was a new approach and at least incentivizes people to make an attempt. Ultimately, these attempts at control are pointless and futile - the music and movie companies found that out almost 20 years ago. Provide a top quality product, provide pro-active development updates rather than excuses after the fact, and Patreon supporters will follow.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
There wasn't going to be any sex with the daughter in DmD for a very very long time which is why they added side characters for the MC to go after during that time otherwise there wouldn't have been many left waiting or supporting them. You only really need side characters if sex is going to drawn out a long time with a main character. Melody they did the same thing had many side characters that you could do stuff with to tide you over till you got to the main event in the game.
That kind of being the exact point I was trying to make. I'd just noticed that about 50% of people were complaining of either 'Only up to kissing ' / the speed of updates.

So...

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
man that sucks you have ms my mom has that shit. she will occasionally lose her step and fall. her memory is starting to get gradually worse too.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I do have periodic episodes but for now nothing too serious. For the most of the time I can function normally and feel no consequences of it.

full save ??
Several possible branching paths with various girls makes creating a full save file difficult.

@Yc3k Did you upload the girls' character cards for Honey Select somewhere?
No.

I get an error when I chat with the girls via phone. I think Danielle is working.
The other girls have no label or it is not implemented yet, don't know.
And it was from a fresh start.
I started a new game too an I have an error when I try to send "SMS" to Gracie, Allison, Claudia, Haley and Dad.
This hasn't been implemented yet. Will have to wait for one of the next updates.

was going to pick up this game again until i saw your first reply

@Korben Dallas
exactly i have no idea why some game developers think that there game wont be leaked or pirated on a pirate site
It's worth noting that other developers take a different approach than the passive-aggressive shade-throwing. CheekyGimp, dev of Where The Heart Is, has offered F95 exclusives for not posting releases until all his top-tier patrons get their advance release. It didn't work, lol, but it was a new approach and at least incentivizes people to make an attempt. Ultimately, these attempts at control are pointless and futile - the music and movie companies found that out almost 20 years ago. Provide a top quality product, provide pro-active development updates rather than excuses after the fact, and Patreon supporters will follow.
I just asked if it was possible to ask me before posting a release, nothing more.

Ok, the major problem is not the size of the update but the content it has, u can switch a kiss level for something else it takes a little more time then a simple kiss scene but its worth it at least for ur supporters, this is one of the major causes of u not having more patreon's, once again i will mention ur release system need some work since there is far amount of time between the release of one version to other and if it has delays during them will cause the public version to be "delayed" for along time like this last update was going to happen, keep working on the game at ur pace but consider change once in a while the content, u have here a great game but it wont succeeded in snap of a finger.
I know... I'm working on it.

Reactions: jackkane

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I've not played this game, yet I have a suggestion I've seen in other games, if I may.

Have one girl be a little slutty, easy, whatever you want to call it. She can do the occasional H scene to keep people's interest whilst they're grinding away romancing the main character(s).

For reference, see Dating My Daughter as the most prominent example of this religion.
I'm doing something similar for the 0.1.6. with the Diane char.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
either way this developer should know if he really wants to hurt his game all he has to do is exactly what he said he would do change the password and change the links

he has 30 supporters and gains 150 dollars a month if he seriously want to stay and gradually lose that amount of supporters then its his choice to do so

personally i dropped this game a year ago and that was when the game was filled with bugs and most content was with the teacher which was kissing and erotic pictures taken

im guessing even if i do pick this game up again the amount of bugs in this game will still be there as with the lack of progress for a game that was made 2 years ago

the only thing worth remember about this game was the shower scene of the prologue other then that Waifu academy has got this game beat by a long shot
If you've read my posts earlier, this is exactly what I said I wont do. I've said I will not change the passwords or the links. If i wanted to I've would have done it days ago when I first saw what happened.

This game is not my main source of income, tbh it's just a small fraction of my monthly income. Sure, I would love to be able to live from this but I am also aware of my shortcomings and reasons why I am still at such low supporter count. Simple answer is that I can't deliver as fast the content. How to change that? Fuck if I know. I'm trying different tactics but only time will tell if they worked.

If you have such doubts then don't pick it up. As far as I can tell, you've trashed my game without giving it a try. Look, I'm not trying to appeal to anyone here. Every one has their own tastes and some may like it some may not. But at least try it before saying it's shit. :)

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
@Yc3k Not to belabor this point and I say this with all respect - If you were asked and you said "Yes," then what is the problem? If you were asked and you said "No," then chances are it would still be released on here. Also, who would actually ask you? The person leaking it? Someone from this community? It's not like F95 has a spokesperson.

This is only my opinion, so place as much value on that as you will - you come across as defensive and a bit naive about pirate communities. That is the fastest way to ensure you will not reach a critical mass of Patreon supporters. The most successful devs have a rigid release schedule, pro-active updates (especially about delays), a superior product, and they engage with their fans/supporters. If you engage this community for what it is rather what you want it to be, you'll probably have more success.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
If you've read my posts earlier, this is exactly what I said I wont do. I've said I will not change the passwords or the links. If i wanted to I've would have done it days ago when I first saw what happened.

This game is not my main source of income, tbh it's just a small fraction of my monthly income. Sure, I would love to be able to live from this but I am also aware of my shortcomings and reasons why I am still at such low supporter count. Simple answer is that I can't deliver as fast the content. How to change that? Fuck if I know. I'm trying different tactics but only time will tell if they worked.

If you have such doubts then don't pick it up. As far as I can tell, you've trashed my game without giving it a try. Look, I'm not trying to appeal to anyone here. Every one has their own tastes and some may like it some may not. But at least try it before saying it's shit. :)

Still, as above, not played your game. All I can suggest is you do not respond to the personal replies, but you take them to heart. I'm not against Monkey, or anyone else taking you to task. I've not played this game, nor followed it. However I think getting into defending yourself / family / time schedules can come to no good.

Even of it's 10 renders, try to advance the plot, type 10,000 words, whatever you have to do, but try and stick to a one month schedule. Bring in the local whore for a few pics and a 5 frame animation.

Do not defend yourself. Get better, even if it means cheats, hacks and shortcuts. Look at the successful games, and think 'how can I emulate that with 10% of the time?'.

I will try and play your game, but I'm honestly trying to help you as as person, because that is what you appear to be on this forum.

I am a father of two young children and you appear amazing. Well done.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
just stating that you would change the password and links is a very hilarious thing to do when not alot of people supporting you in the first place either way i dont care

your games was really decent for a 2017 game but ive dropped many games from that year

you should really focus on your family and full time job if you cant muti task to do both those things and provide progress updates and updates that are atleast 3 months
Once again... dude, please read my posts. I didn't state that. I said that I could do that and stated I wont.

The main problem I handle is expectations. I started this as a fun, side project that grew into something I didn't want. From the very beginning I was making this game primarily for myself and you've showed me what I was doing wrong this whole time. Thank you.

I'm not abandoning this project, but I am abandoning this site. I'm turning back to roots and will create this game the way I want to with the pace I can. If anyone wants to support me that's fine. If not... that's also fine. I am aware that I will probably never be able to work only on this, leaving my full time job, cause I'll never earn nearly as much I need so why stress about it. Right? :)

Thanks mate.

Yc3k

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
@Yc3k Not to belabor this point and I say this with all respect - If you were asked and you said "Yes," then what is the problem? If you were asked and you said "No," then chances are it would still be released on here. Also, who would actually ask you? The person leaking it? Someone from this community? It's not like F95 has a spokesperson.

This is only my opinion, so place as much value on that as you will - you come across as defensive and a bit naive about pirate communities. That is the fastest way to ensure you will not reach a critical mass of Patreon supporters. The most successful devs have a rigid release schedule, pro-active updates (especially about delays), a superior product, and they engage with their fans/supporters. If you engage this community for what it is rather what you want it to be, you'll probably have more success.
You have a point. :)

That is the main problem. I cannot engage more cause I don't have the time for it, as much as I would love to. I'll go work on the game, give it my best and what happens happens.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes