moonshadow

May 6, 2017
first and only time I've experienced a Ren'py game adding an extra folder in the roaming/renpy folders. (bin).
Dunno if that's normal, but over the hundreds if not thousands of games/updates I've played over the years, I've never had THAT folder before. I deleted it though.
But perhaps it's 'normal' behaviour and I'm just ...easily spooked lol.

DragonsFear

Jan 8, 2022
first and only time I've experienced a Ren'py game adding an extra folder in the roaming/renpy folders. (bin).
Dunno if that's normal, but over the hundreds if not thousands of games/updates I've played over the years, I've never had THAT folder before. I deleted it though.
But perhaps it's 'normal' behaviour and I'm just ...easily spooked lol.
no it is not normal ,

pitao

May 18, 2023
What is weird for me is the location where the file is. Usually that location ....\roaming\renpy is where the save files are stored. I don't understand also what is the function of the bin folder there lol have to make a search about it because I never got that folder in that location. What file did you install/unzipped before you get that warning? Mine seems fine, I used the OP Win/Linux Go file download of the new version of the game.

DragonsFear

Jan 8, 2022
What is weird for me is the location where the file is. Usually that location ....\roaming\renpy is where the save files are stored. I don't understand also what is the function of the bin folder there lol have to make a search about it because I never got that folder in that location. What file did you install/unzipped before you get that warning? Mine seems fine, I used the OP Win/Linux Go file download of the new version of the game.
bin folder is so the trojan can make a own path to get access to your files etc

DragonsFear

Jan 8, 2022
and it actually happend a bunch of times now

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
i would scan it when running
it collects fast , and deletes itself after usage ( what is in the bin file)
Hmm. I used a Sandbox to test and check, got no warnings etc. It also list every try to connect to the internet, etc. Gonna inform Sam.

WELL MOTHER FUCKER
Download the script if 10 minutes have passed since the first run

pitao

May 18, 2023
bin folder is so the trojan can make a own path to get access to your files etc
I see, I actually Unzipped the game but didn't run it, so I tried to run it now and it created a bin folder with timestamp.txt file. Closed it right away, did a scan and didn't find anything with but yeah something is weird in all this. Guess I'll just delete the unzipped folder right away and wait for something more safe.

Reactions: DragonsFear

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
I only had one file in my bin folder, and that was a txt file called timestamps. But perhaps there was more files that somehow got automatically removed before I could check.
I know that the bin folder was created the second I booted up the game. I even deleted the folder the moment it got created while still booting up the game lol.

certainly helped me to see it right away by sorting the folder by 'date modified' so it pops up on top of the other 1029 folders I have in there lol.

Reactions: DragonsFear

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
If the game didn't run for more than 10 minutes it didn't download shit.
# Download the script if 10 minutes have passed since the first run

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
After this stuff started happening I just use sandboxie to play all the game I download from here. You can make it so anything running inside the sandbox can't connect to the internet so even if you download an infected game, you should be fine because it can not download the malware.

DragonsFear

Jan 8, 2022
After this stuff started happening I just use sandboxie to play all the game I download from here. You can make it so anything running inside the sandbox can't connect to the internet so even if you download an infected game, you should be fine because it can not download the malware.
thats what im going to do from now on
it happens to often ,and to bad (for now) it can't be detected easely

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes