rlduck

Jan 18, 2021
I continued my save from 0.9 without the patch without any problems, are you sure you didn't do anything wrong?

Saying these devs doesn't care about their VN is a bit silly don't you think, Sept is one of the most responsive dev's on this iste.
I agree he is AWESOME, and it's been stated a few times already by SeptCloud NOT to install the twins patch because there is NO NEW twins content, folks need to learn to read.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I continued my save from 0.9 without the patch without any problems, are you sure you didn't do anything wrong?

Saying these devs doesn't care about their VN is a bit silly don't you think, Sept is one of the most responsive dev's on this site.
I agree he is AWESOME, and it's been stated a few times already by SeptCloud NOT to install the twins patch because there is NO NEW twins content, folks need to learn to read.
The last save I got is right before the bedroom scene with Ley and the other two. Without the patch it is a threesome without Ley, with the patch Ley stays and it's a foursome. So, yeah it alters at least the point where I left off, because I don't save at the "black screens" where devs remind us to save. And considering, that the issue got reported and all that was taking into action until now, is to tell people to play without it, because it changes nothing for the new version. What about new people, who are starting now and want the full expierence? Thought about those? Probably not, because they can't, like me, even start the game with the patch installed. Also the dev said, the issue would get fixed. Until now, 48h just reactions here in the thread and no real solution. That's not caring about the game or the people who want to play the full expierence. Think what you will, you won't change my opinion.

rlduck

Jan 18, 2021
The last save I got is right before the bedroom scene with Ley and the other two. Without the patch it is a threesome without Ley, with the patch Ley stays and it's a foursome. So, yeah it alters at least the point where I left off, because I don't save at the "black screens" where devs remind us to save. And considering, that the issue got reported and all that was taking into action until now, is to tell people to play without it, because it changes nothing for the new version. What about new people, who are starting now and want the full expierence? Thought about those? Probably not, because they can't, like me, even start the game with the patch installed. Also the dev said, the issue would get fixed. Until now, 48h just reactions here in the thread and no real solution. That's not caring about the game or the people who want to play the full expierence. Think what you will, you won't change my opinion.
At that point you are talking about was 2 updates ago and it was reported, this forum is very active and I'm sure it's a few pages back but if you look it will be there. The place you are talking about yes, I had the same problem and I had to install it for that particular update .08 I believe, but folks are saying there is an issue with this current update with the twin's patch that is why we are telling them to not use it. It's a different issue that you are having. I hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
First time I played 1 Playtrough : with Twin Patch installed and like 2 post above, no issues (foursome) .
2 Playtrough with Mod (without) No issues at the moment.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
At that point you are talking about was 2 updates ago and it was reported, this forum is very active and I'm sure it's a few pages back but if you look it will be there. The place you are talking about yes, I had the same problem and I had to install it for that particular update, but folks are saying there is an issue with this current update with the twin's patch that is why we are telling them to not use it. It's a different issue that you are having. I hope this helps
You do realise that this is no real solution, right?
As for devs, there are two options: !. write the game in a way that a requise some kind of patch and UPDATE it for EVERY version, or 2. write a story where such content is not included and therefor a patch is pointless. This half assed attempt we have now, will just provide more problems everytime "if there is no new content". Either do it right or do it nothing, but don't expect people don't get upset if you do the half of a job. And these fanboy comments won't help either. Stop defending half assed work, it won't make the issue disappear! And don't expect people to have time to play every update. Some of us skip some to have either more content in one go or because of lack of time. Don't assume everyone plays every update.

Sorry for being rude, but I hate people who try to justify half finished work.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
As for devs, there are two options: !. write the game in a way that a requise some kind of patch and UPDATE it for EVERY version, or 2. write a story where such content is not included and therefor a patch is pointless. This half assed attempt we have now, will just provide more problems everytime "if there is no new content". Either do it right or do it nothing, but don't expect people don't get upset if you do the half of a job. And these fanboy comments won't help either. Stop defending half assed work, it won't make the issue disappear! And don't expect people to have time to play every update. Some of us skip some to have either more content in one go or because of lack of time. Don't assume everyone plays every update.

I have played from the beginning with the patch and from the beginning without the patch; from an end of chapter 8 save both ways and from an end of chapter 9 save both ways. So, since the download was the same for me as it was for you, I think you should ask yourself what else could be wrong. BTW... I don't mean this argumentatively or critically. Just trying to help.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

Thank you for making that comment about fanboys thereby proving your mentally at the age of 12, it makes the decision to block you that much easier!

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021

The aim is to always have the patch compatible with each version, even when there is no new content. Unfortunately, some players are experiencing an issue with this one. It’s a very unusual error as the code that is ‘causing’ the error is not actually within the code of the game or the patch. It’s code from a previous version that is no longer present in the game. Myself and my partner have coding knowledge but we work with a more experienced programmer to help us ensure that the game is coded correctly. They have been made aware of this error and have been looking into it this weekend, since the very first report on Friday. We have actively contacted some of the people that are experiencing the issue to try and work out why some players seem to be experiencing the error when others are not. It may be a problem with some background persistent data, but we’re still not completely sure, as I said it’s a very unusual error. If it were a simple one it would have been fixed on Friday/Saturday.

I do appreciate that it’s not ideal and apologies to everyone that has been impacted by the bug. However, as advised in the main post, the patch is installed at your own risk as it is not a core part of the game. From an overall story standpoint, there is no requirement to play with a patch installed, it is purely to add some minor variations in 2 sex scenes in the game.

But if taking this long for the patch to be fixed is a dealbreaker for you, then I understand. I do feel that it’s a little unfair to say that we clearly don’t care though. We’re working incredibly hard on this game and are actively engaging with the community because we enjoy doing so and want the best experience for everyone.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
The aim is to always have the patch compatible with each version, even when there is no new content. Unfortunately, some players are experiencing an issue with this one. It’s a very unusual error as the code that is ‘causing’ the error is not actually within the code of the game or the patch. It’s code from a previous version that is no longer present in the game. Myself and my partner have coding knowledge but we work with a more experienced programmer to help us ensure that the game is coded correctly. They have been made aware of this error and have been looking into it this weekend, since the very first report on Friday. We have actively contacted some of the people that are experiencing the issue to try and work out why some players seem to be experiencing the error when others are not. It may be a problem with some background persistent data, but we’re still not completely sure, as I said it’s a very unusual error. If it were a simple one it would have been fixed on Friday/Saturday.

I do appreciate that it’s not ideal and apologies to everyone that has been impacted by the bug. However, as advised in the main post, the patch is installed at your own risk as it is not a core part of the game. From an overall story standpoint, there is no requirement to play with a patch installed, it is purely to add some minor variations in 2 sex scenes in the game.

But if taking this long for the patch to be fixed is a dealbreaker for you, then I understand. I do feel that it’s a little unfair to say that we clearly don’t care though. We’re working incredibly hard on this game and are actively engaging with the community because we enjoy doing so and want the best experience for everyone.
I know I sounded rude, therefor I apologize to you and your team, but I felt left alone with the issue, especially if there is either no communication or just a simply "play without the patch". I don't know how it is for the other people with this error, but it leaves a bad taste, so to say. And I have to say, I tried nearly everything at this point, redownloading, using the WT Mod+Twins patch, just the Twins patch, deleting everything except my saves. Nothing help regarding the combination of the new version with the patch. It gets frustating, especially if you read the same answer from different people for two days or insults, like "people can't read" or "you behave like a ... year old" and no real solution. You're clearly not to blame for the behavior of other people. But I think you understand, what I'm trying to say. As for now, I'm too frustrated by this whole mess, especially because it means, I can't boot the game with the patch. It would be not that big of a deal for me to replay it, luckily there is the option to skip even unseen content, so I could get to where I was. But so far, that is no option until now.

It's too late now to try more things, especially since I'm temporarly blind on one eye. I will try something tommorow again (deleting the saves after making a backup). If I'm successful then, I let you know. Sorry again for being an asshole to you and your team.

miyuki25

Apr 24, 2019
I was getting the error with the patch enabled on this version, and looking at the error log it seemed to be some sort of issue with a variable while loading the persistent data file, so I just deleted that file (as all it stores is unimportant stuff like volume levels and skip mode settings etc.) and the game works fine with the patch for me now. Assuming others are having the problem due to the same cause the easy fix is to just delete your persistent data for this game (which can be found on Windows in %AppData%\RenPy\TheSevenRealmTest-1634466764 ).

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020

I know I sounded rude, therefor I apologize to you and your team, but I felt left alone with the issue, especially if there is either no communication or just a simply "play without the patch". I don't know how it is for the other people with this error, but it leaves a bad taste, so to say. And I have to say, I tried nearly everything at this point, redownloading, using the WT Mod+Twins patch, just the Twins patch, deleting everything except my saves. Nothing help regarding the combination of the new version with the patch. It gets frustating, especially if you read the same answer from different people for two days or insults, like "people can't read" or "you behave like a ... year old" and no real solution. You're clearly not to blame for the behavior of other people. But I think you understand, what I'm trying to say. As for now, I'm too frustrated by this whole mess, especially because it means, I can't boot the game with the patch. It would be not that big of a deal for me to replay it, luckily there is the option to skip even unseen content, so I could get to where I was. But so far, that is no option until now.

It's too late now to try more things, especially since I'm temporarly blind on one eye. I will try something tommorow again (deleting the saves after making a backup). If I'm successful then, I let you know. Sorry again for being an asshole to you and your team.
So, refreshed and with a little more patience thanks to pain killers and not being partially blind anymore, I managed to get it started. BUT I had to redownload the game, this time I used ALL mirrors in case I would have the same problem with one of the sources, that was indeed the case. I used the last few days the version I downloaded from MEGA, the file from GoFile actually works for me. Before trying to start the game, I deleted the persistent file, made a backup of my saves and deleted them as well. After all these steps I first unpacked the MEGA file today and tried to start it with nothing applied, it worked. After adding the Twins Patch, not anymore. Deleted it, did the same with the GoFile file, started it with Twins Patch and it worked, after that added the WT Mod, worked as well. I've not tested the other 2 downloads, maybe they work as well, maybe not. I don't have the time to test them as well due to more important rl stuff. Maybe there is something wrong with the files, maybe with the download, I don't know. My expertise with these things is not big enough. Sorry that I can't provide more infos. And again sorry for being an asshole yesterday, my tone was totally uncalled for, could have been more civilised, but that goes for some of the comments I received. But I don't want to start a discussion now. Maybe my infos help with the bug fix or some people who still expierence the start up error.

SeptCloud

Creator of The Seven Realms
Game Developer
May 4, 2021
I was getting the error with the patch enabled on this version, and looking at the error log it seemed to be some sort of issue with a variable while loading the persistent data file, so I just deleted that file (as all it stores is unimportant stuff like volume levels and skip mode settings etc.) and the game works fine with the patch for me now. Assuming others are having the problem due to the same cause the easy fix is to just delete your persistent data for this game (which can be found on Windows in %AppData%\RenPy\TheSevenRealmTest-1634466764 ).
Thanks very much for this info, I have passed it to our programmer to see if this helps them resolve the issue. Much appreciated!

So, refreshed and with a little more patience thanks to pain killers and not being partially blind anymore, I managed to get it started. BUT I had to redownload the game, this time I used ALL mirrors in case I would have the same problem with one of the sources, that was indeed the case. I used the last few days the version I downloaded from MEGA, the file from GoFile actually works for me. Before trying to start the game, I deleted the persistent file, made a backup of my saves and deleted them as well. After all these steps I first unpacked the MEGA file today and tried to start it with nothing applied, it worked. After adding the Twins Patch, not anymore. Deleted it, did the same with the GoFile file, started it with Twins Patch and it worked, after that added the WT Mod, worked as well. I've not tested the other 2 downloads, maybe they work as well, maybe not. I don't have the time to test them as well due to more important rl stuff. Maybe there is something wrong with the files, maybe with the download, I don't know. My expertise with these things is not big enough. Sorry that I can't provide more infos. And again sorry for being an asshole yesterday, my tone was totally uncalled for, could have been more civilised, but that goes for some of the comments I received. But I don't want to start a discussion now. Maybe my infos help with the bug fix or some people who still expierence the start up error.
Thanks for trying all of this out. I think that the downloads on the different links shouldn’t differ as it’s the same file on each link. As I’m sure you can see by the hurdles you jumped through the get it to work, you can see now why this is a complicated and confusing issue and is why we can’t work out the specifics about who it impacts and exactly why lol. No harm done, I appreciate the apology and thanks for trying out all of these different methods and letting us know, to help us resolve the issue!

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks very much for this info, I have passed it to our programmer to see if this helps them resolve the issue. Much appreciated!

Thanks for trying all of this out. I think that the downloads on the different links shouldn’t differ as it’s the same file on each link. As I’m sure you can see by the hurdles you jumped through the get it to work, you can see now why this is a complicated and confusing issue and is why we can’t work out the specifics about who it impacts and exactly why lol. No harm done, I appreciate the apology and thanks for trying out all of these different methods and letting us know, to help us resolve the issue!
No problem, I'm glad I could provide at least some kind of infos. As for the different downloads, maybe somewhere the download got kind of corrupted, that's why I mentioned it. In that case, there would be nothing YOU could do. All that could be done is, that people try do redownload it or use another file hoster. But at least it is a possibility with a easy solution.

Still as I said, my expertise in case of renpy and file hosters is a minimum (I know a little bit of python and can fix minor issues, nothing like this). Therefor I can only assume, where the bug came from.

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Welp, considering that the first reports of the error with the Twins Patch were reported nearly 48h before, it seems, there won't be any fix for it. It's really sad, that the dev doesn't seem to care that much. For me that means, I will skip this version. And if it happens again, I will drop the game, which would be a shame, because it's really good. But as I stated before, I refuse to play censored or cut content.

And now let the facepalms come in.
bro did you pay for the game?

siliseric

Apr 3, 2022
No problem, I'm glad I could provide at least some kind of infos. As for the different downloads, maybe somewhere the download got kind of corrupted, that's why I mentioned it. In that case, there would be nothing YOU could do. All that could be done is, that people try do redownload it or use another file hoster. But at least it is a possibility with a easy solution.

Still as I said, my expertise in case of renpy and file hosters is a minimum (I know a little bit of python and can fix minor issues, nothing like this). Therefor I can only assume, where the bug came from.
Its possible that while copying over the game files, you skipped the "lib" folder while dragging to select all files, if thats how you copy over (extract). I have done that before, and that causes an immediate crash at launch without ever even getting into the game or seeing the menu.

Not saying 100% that this is what happened to you, but from what has happened to me before, ive noticed that immediate startup crashes usually happen from missing files.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Its possible that while copying over the game files, you skipped the "lib" folder while dragging to select all files, if thats how you copy over (extract). I have done that before, and that causes an immediate crash at launch without ever even getting into the game or seeing the menu.

Not saying 100% that this is what happened to you, but from what has happened to me before, ive noticed that immediate startup crashes usually happen from missing files.
I always extract the whole archive per rightclick into a seperate/own folder to avoid bugs caused by overwriting existing files. Only situation where I overwrite existing files is, when I "install" a mod or a patch. But I agree with you, just overwriting the old version with the new, and forgetting parts of it, can cause problems. And yeah, maybe it was a problem for someone else and your solution helped that person.

Vile_Mage

Oct 4, 2020
I run the game with the patch and have the same issue...i try it without and it plays just fine...dont know why is that but as it was said the most resent content for the Twins Patch was at 0.8 so if you load from 0.9 you will be fine

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes