4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Since this hgame didn't have any recipe Forging, I went on my way to mark on a notepad the result of each combination and it looks like even the Forging is RNG-based too. Combining 3 exact ingredients can result in many totally differents items/weapons such as Axe, Sword, Scepter, etc. I'm not sure I'm really a fan of RNG alchemy-like feature in a Roguelike game...
This hgame relies a lot on LUCK, the only thing you can control is the way you handle what you have in the inventory and the way you deal with the ennemies you see on the screen.

EDIT: Okay normally the game would have 3 stars from me for the RNG Forge but the 'Soul Imprint' feature and the 'Scrap Weapon' we obtain from broken weapon made it go all the way to 5 full stars. When I said I prefer 'Roguelite' over 'Roguelike', this is exactly what I meant. The devs is definitely heading towards 'Roguelite' and that's a really good thing. Looking forward to the completion of this amazing hgame!

Though I still think the FORGE really really shouldn't be RNG-based. I hope someone communicate that problem to the devs so they could hopefully make it have a fixed result.

Last edited:
Reactions: NES832hhP

cell943

Oct 14, 2017
Does anyone know what the "corruption" variable is? The names of all the variables are in Japanese, which I don't understand.

Reactions: DarkLabs02

ya boi kuro

Jul 23, 2018
my audio seems to be absouloutley fu*ked up, like as soon as i launch the game the audio starts flickering really loud and sounds really bad.
any fixes?

*edit 1
i have fixed it temporarily by running windows compat troubleshooter and running windows 7 + admin
will look for any other causes

Last edited:

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Anyone else get locked upon waking up in the Church? I wake up after defeat and can't move from the bed. Reloaded the game from the continue point, same thing.

EDIT: Weird glitch, finally resolved

Last edited:

ohshitnoo

Jul 19, 2019
is it just me, or is the upgrade progression too slow? 500 souls for 1% more souls kept with each death sounds pretty stupid

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Alright after getting all possible Soul Imprint available in this demo, I can now say without any doubt that this is and could be one of the best hgame out there in term of gameplay (on that side, my personal top 3 favorite is 'Creature Hunter', 'Ariadne' and hopefully this hgame after its full release). I never thought I would spend 6 hours+ straight just playing a demo lol, that shows how much this hgame captured the heart of a gameplay fanatic like me. I'll revise my first opinion on it and say that the game doesn't actually rely that much on LUCK and we still have good control over the situation thanks to the auto-save per dungeon progression (in which case, if you feel like you're losing, you can close the game and re-open it and load to the first point of the area you just recently entered).

There's still some flaws to the game though, such as the H-scene fading out too quickly when at 100% erosion and the absence of sex scene gallery which I'm sure will be added in the future. There's also the fact that many materials for FORGING that have more than 1WT are useless. You can basically make the best weapon [100+ total dmg with full enhance] with only 'Elemental Stones' that only have 1WT per stack. That's exactly where I wish the FORGING had precise results instead of being RNG. A weapon with just 6WT can very possibly have more total dmg than a weapon with 16WT.

Anyway atm there doesn't seem to be any end to the dungeon. It actually circles between 3 areas: a normal dungeon, a red dungeon and a green dungeon. I think that the challenge here is to get the highest Souls possible (the highest I got was around 16k in one run. Getting to that last 4k souls Max Weight was ouf frustrating, but plenty satisfying when you actually reach it). I'm sure there will be Boss fight in the future which really I'm looking forward to.

EDIT: Ah I almost forgot but there's another flaw I forgot to mention that I think is important. The weapon's offensive skill's dmg doesn't stack with the weapon's overall dmg. For example a Scorching Sword of around 100 total dmg only deals around 20x2 dmg to 1 target even though it spends a big 3 durability per use compared to a basic attack of 100 dmg that only uses 1 durability. Only some offensive skills like Double Strike gets a good use out of the weapon's overall dmg without spending an unfair tons of durability.

Last edited:

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
is it just me, or is the upgrade progression too slow? 500 souls for 1% more souls kept with each death sounds pretty stupid
Soul Keeper is extremely important so they they tanked the growth... nature of the game I guess, you're gonna die and come back a lot so they wanted to enforce the grind. I think people need to get that to at least 25% ASAP to really progress in the game.

Max Weight growth is nuts. If getting it to 2 costs 800 souls I better be getting an weight increase of more than ONE (pound?). A stable crafting recipe tree would help this game greatly also.

Reactions: DarkLabs02

EldenFZ

Jul 16, 2017
Soul Keeper is extremely important so they they tanked the growth... nature of the game I guess, you're gonna die and come back a lot so they wanted to enforce the grind. I think people need to get that to at least 25% ASAP to really progress in the game.

Max Weight growth is nuts. If getting it to 2 costs 800 souls I better be getting an weight increase of more than ONE (pound?). A stable crafting recipe tree would help this game greatly also.
I used to think that the lvl growth in the Soul Imprint was way too scarce, but after playing it multiple times and figuring out what items are best to take (only Elemental Stones and some focus potions were needed in the inventory as forge materials), I'm now inclined to think that it was pretty well-balanced. Though if the devs figure out an important use for all the items/forge materials that have more than 1WT (which I think are useless in this current version of the game) in future content, then we would definitely need more than just 30 space in inventory.

Mar 1, 2019
(I do understand this is a demo) The premise of this game isn't bad, but it's in need of some major polish.

I think my biggest gripe is how quickly corruption sets in. Even with all the upgrades attained, the best I can manage is getting to the 5th map before hitting 100% Corruption and having HP get tanked when fully exploring every map, and the furthest map I reached was the 9th not doing full exploration.

The combat system is a bit weird, but I can manage to handle it. It's a turn-based system which is updated per player action and/or tile movement. It didn't really hit me that's what was going on until about 30 minutes into the game. The combat system could be explained a lot better in game to be honest.

Run Speed needs to be adjusted. You go from moving at a decent walking pace to suddenly moving like your character just took the biggest snort of cocaine that would make even the most hardcore of crackheads question their life choices (sprint speed is way too fast, needs to be toned down). Another annoying problem is diagonal movement into a wall stops you dead in your tracks and you have to stop to start moving again.

The smithing system could use some work, as I'm not a fan of having RNGesus throw crappy scepters at me when I manage to get some decent materials (And having the max Smithing level as well) to make weapons with. Weapons also break way too quickly, and start weighing too much too quickly with enhancements. I mean, it's a bit insane when you have a Scepter or Dagger that ends up weighing 17 or 18 encumbrance when you only have 30 max.

Speaking of encumbrance, 30 really isn't enough. Needs to be doubled or tripled to be honest. 30 is just enough to carry two decently enhanced weapons (Or maybe 3 or 4 non-enhanced weapons) and maybe like 3 to 4 items and that's it.

Something else that kinda annoyed me was not being able to destroy weapons yourself. It sucks using some decent materials into making a weapon just for it to be some weak scepter that either sits in your inventory until your decent weapon breaks, or you just dump it to the wayside to make room in your inventory.

Other than that, the artwork is pretty damn good and Doroelle's VA sounds pretty good too. No complaints on that front.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
scepters are no crap they have a healing skill which can keep you alive when hitting 100% Corruption
i always keep a scepter for healing;)

Mar 1, 2019
I used to think that the lvl growth in the Soul Imprint was way too scarce, but after playing it multiple times and figuring out what items are best to take (only Elemental Stones and some focus potions were needed in the inventory as forge materials), I'm now inclined to think that it was pretty well-balanced. Though if the devs figure out an important use for all the items/forge materials that have more than 1WT (which I think are useless in this current version of the game) in future content, then we would definitely need more than just 30 space in inventory.
The thing with the materials that have Weight 2 and 3 (IE: Small Ore, Iron Ore, Magic Stone, and Magic Iron Ore) is that although they end up adding a lot of weight to your weapon, they add significantly more durability than the element stones. It's not uncommon to end up with a Sword of some kind with close to 60 Durability. Basically, the heavy materials will yield you weapons that are as tough as freight trains (But will end up being just as heavy as a train too).

Though I do agree, 30 encumbrance just really isn't enough. It needs to be at least double or triple that value. Weapon durability also needs work in my opinion, the weapons just break too quickly to my taste, especially if you use weapon skills quite frequently (Sometimes up to 5 durability gets consumed per weapon skill usage).

Mar 1, 2019
scepters are no crap they have a healing skill which can keep you alive when hitting 100% Corruption
i always keep a scepter for healing;)
Waste of space at that point. That's space that could be used for a back-up weapon, or for materials to make your next weapon / enhance another weapon, or space for a potion to use. If swapping weapons didn't consume a battle action scepters wouldn't be so bad, but swapping weapons consumes an action. Besides, once you hit 100% corruption your combat viability tanks as hard and as fast as your HP. Trying to swap to a scepter from your fighting weapon would end up getting you attacked if you're in mid combat already.

About the only viability would be if you wasted an enhancement slot on a good weapon with Scepter scraps, you could switch to the healing skill without wasting an action slot in mid combat, but healing would mean wasting weapon durability at that point (Especially if you have a weapon with like a combined damage output of 50 or 60).

Honestly, once I hit 100% corruption, if I don't have health potions I just put my current weapon away and let myself get nae nae'd by the next monster I find.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes