4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
god do i hate this new update was bout to finish the dumb ass boss and game decides to say NO thats the 6th time and im done

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
any clue how to get the forging journal C? ive went through the event maps multiple times and couldnt find em

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
If i remember correctly, the weapons are somewhat random, but you can heavily influence what you may get using specific materials. Something like a broken weapon scrap + wind stone + magic ore = wind knife (most of the time). Another example From my experience is that if you forge three things with a ton of mass (iron ore,copper ore,iron ore) you have a tendancy to get bastard swords.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
are the forging recipes random or is there is set list?
Did you read the blacksmithing books?
If you sit at the glowing seat inside the church, you get info on what Mass, Tenacity, and Magic mean.

Mass = Weight of weapon.
Tenacity = sharpness
Magic = magical ability.

High mass, low tenacity weapons are big blunt objects. If you want a pickaxe or a hammer type weapon then experiment here. Depending on the mass and tenacity you can get various types of blunt weapons.

High Tenacity, low mass, and you get daggers.

High Magic and low tenacity and you get the staffs.
Adding elemental stones highly increases the likelyhood of getting that elemental weapon.
Add 1 wind stone to whatever you're building and you'll get that wind knife. Same with light, fire and all of them.

Basically it's not random. If you know the fundamentals of crafting you can "aim" for certain items you've made before. Though the treshold for mass/tenacity/magic to get certain weapons isn't really explicit to the player so just go with the flow.

Reactions: PlantAssAppreciator

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
To be fair, there really isn't a blacksmithing list of weapons. The books infer certain info about the material stats, but most of the time, you think that anything with the books is more lore related, so i can see a lot of people skipping over a lot of the info even in the blacksmithing books.

Reactions: Froschkönig27

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Pushy to download a save file.
Considering:
- lizard tails weight 15 tons
- storage is still a ridiculous 20 items when you need more space now
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- no scrap machine at the base, forcing to exploit the arena
- the fact later Unique weapons are 20-30 damage crap

...maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't judge them too harshly, this once ;)

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Posting this cause I sent in the update a bit early because of the game breaking glitches. After this I'll wait about a week before posting the other update if there's more. Cause it seems like people are still finding some.

Reactions: decker2

vvedgee

Sep 14, 2018
Did you read the blacksmithing books?
If you sit at the glowing seat inside the church, you get info on what Mass, Tenacity, and Magic mean.

Mass = Weight of weapon.
Tenacity = sharpness
Magic = magical ability.

High mass, low tenacity weapons are big blunt objects. If you want a pickaxe or a hammer type weapon then experiment here. Depending on the mass and tenacity you can get various types of blunt weapons.

High Tenacity, low mass, and you get daggers.

High Magic and low tenacity and you get the staffs.
Adding elemental stones highly increases the likelyhood of getting that elemental weapon.
Add 1 wind stone to whatever you're building and you'll get that wind knife. Same with light, fire and all of them.

Basically it's not random. If you know the fundamentals of crafting you can "aim" for certain items you've made before. Though the treshold for mass/tenacity/magic to get certain weapons isn't really explicit to the player so just go with the flow.
Silver Ore + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 4 Enchance 25 Durability, 29 phys 2 mag = Poison Fang
Silver Ore + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 5 Enchance 37 Durability, 33 phys 2 mag = Noble Rapier
Silver Ore + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 4 Enchance 49 Durability, 33 phys 7 mag = Bastard Sword
Do you see any consistent pattern?

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019
since when do weapons turn out to be 30 damage craps? my weapons always cap out at around 60 basic attack plus adding in magic ores can jump to around 120-150 total with other elemental damage.
Lill protip for the dumbass spawning boss just get 16-18 explosives and some haste be around 30% corrosion D the first crystal and 10 explosives is enough to skip phase 2 and go into final one then you need like 6-8 explosives and i believe it is possible to basically oneshot him in the first phase with enough haste and explosives if he doesnt have some trigger where he goes up once some damages done as so far i only saw him get up around 10 turns later

Reactions: Froschkönig27

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
since when do weapons turn out to be 30 damage craps? my weapons always cap out at around 60 basic attack plus adding in magic ores can jump to around 120-150 total with other elemental damage.
Yes, so do mine. 1/10 of them, probably less. You still got me, I'll give ya that :LOL: maki 1.jpg
I was referring to the very disappointing Angel and Fencer weapons. No one is ever going to farm for 5-7 Light stones just to get a decent Smite... And when you do thing wrong (like I was, somewhat, as of last post, thanks for pointing that out) you do end up with crappy 2 slots, underpowered scrap metal.

I'll insist that weapons are 100% random. The pool from where you gatcha them from, however, is yours to control. You'll never get a 100% windknive or a 100% banner of arms, but depending on on low/high all 3 values are, you'll widen or restrict the dice throw.
Note to self/others: when going for high-end weapons, weight is critical... And try to keep some heavy 4Kg magic materials in stock, for enhancement - or just drag along your weighty 0/6 weapon to make use of these 4Kg ores you find.

Just to be clear: they did a great job, game-wise. And a very reactive bugfixing work. H-content might be secondary, and doesn't mesh too well with the gameplay, but they've released a very satisfying amount of areas and story.
Roguelikes must be hard, but the out-of-dungeon features are lacking. Materials storage! A grand display cases room! Are the real souls of a blacksmith. Not 20 storage and barely any helpful unlockable facility (which is reliable. 'Nya?'). The level-able skills greatly, greatly increased the need for a decent workspace, if only for experiments or bragging purpose.

But about the dungeon: neat, really neat. Good balance with traps, randomness isn't overwhelming, but still challenging, difficulty curve is awesome... These guys know where they want go! (y)
So, 1,5 years, v0.42... Are they aiming for 2023? ...would be my only question before I buy it off Steam (provided I still remember the game by then :p).

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
Silver Ore + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 4 Enchance 25 Durability, 29 phys 2 mag = Poison Fang
Silver Ore + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 5 Enchance 37 Durability, 33 phys 2 mag = Noble Rapier
Silver Ore + Silver Ore + Silver Ore = 4 Enchance 49 Durability, 33 phys 7 mag = Bastard Sword
Do you see any consistent pattern?
For a pattern to emerge you need more than just 3 tries.

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
For a pattern to emerge you need more than just 3 tries.
No he's right, it's pretty random at a certain point and there's nothing you can do about that.
My statement though is that you can aim that randomness, so you still technically have control over what you craft. Not full control though.

Reactions: Loadofbees34

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I know there's an element of randomness to the whole crafting thing. Still, using the same materials will net you either the same type of weapon or something with similar stats. You don't smash 3 copper ores together and except a dagger.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes