4.30 star(s) 30 Votes

Kurumi Tokisaki

Nightmare
Donor
Sep 26, 2019
v0.16 its not completed:censored:
they haven't updated for over 5 months now...
they have some serious problems (or are just plain lazy scammer, not sure):unsure:

on their last patreon post:

their "Producer" apologizes for the constant delays:rolleyes:
sounds like an excuse to get more free money...
to quote myself:
Them milking or scamming is kinda reaching since it says on their page they are working 9 to 5 jobs. Quoting from their page here:

"The situation of our current team is that we still need to have a 9 to 5 job daily to be able to put food on the table, and develop the game on our free time. It’s giving us a hard time to be able to update the game regularly, and we hope to raise enough funding so we can develop the game full time in near future."

They aren't working off crazy amounts of funding right now so don't know what else you would expect from people that are trying while still getting enough money to live on from a 9 to 5 on top of building a game.

Reactions: Kar 24

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
we hope to raise enough funding so we can develop the game full time in near future."
that sounds strangely familiar, where have i heard that before:sneaky:
and i said i'm not sure if they scam or not
let's wait 5 more months, then we know...

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: TFM
Apr 3, 2020
They're not getting enough money for multiple people to live off of, nevermind living comfortably. I don't see how anyone could think that this is some sort of scam, especially since they already finished a game in the past...

Reactions: TFM and Kar 24

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
I don't see how anyone could think that this is some sort of scam, especially since they already finished a game in the past...
they didn't need patreon or free monthly money for their 1. game
that free money corrupts...

Last edited:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Nightmare
Donor
Sep 26, 2019
that sounds strangely familiar, where have i heard that before:sneaky:
and i said i'm not sure if they scam or not
let's wait 5 more months, then we know...
Yeah if you only take that part and ignore all the rest for context. You're gonna find flaws in that if you cherry pick and not take everything into account. Not like they are lying with their funding thing even if you do cherry pick in this case. Not making that much on Patron for a team to live on without another job.

Their current game is higher quality than their first game. Pretty normal that more time and money is needed for higher quality. They are lacking on time because their 9 to 5 and they are trying to get funding so they can move people on the team off of full time.

Last edited:

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Dude, Patreon itself gives full monthly sum of donations and there's are at 1,700. Minimum wage monthly is 1,200-1,300. Lots of families need to work as many as 3 full-time minimum wage jobs before they can get by. Let alone live comfortably. And they have multiple bread-winners from different families working on this that the money is split between.

The math doesn't add up. There's no possible way they can pull anyone off of full-time to make time for the game's development.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
To be fair to the guy, his perspective might be skewed by where he lives.

Minimum wage where I live is something like, uh, 350$. Let's say 400$ on a good exchange month if the prices fluctuate a lot. 1700$? Whew man. I know Managers in what are considered high paying jobs that don't earn that much. That's definitely enough to support a decent style of living. Maybe not a big family, but that's assuming one of the spouses doesn't have any job of their own.

In short, in East EU land, and plenty of other places, 1700$ is a lot of money, even if in other places it's barely above minimum wage.

I have no idea where the devs live, or how big their team is, or how much their expenses are. Those are all things to consider as well. 1700 is a lot for one person where I live. Not so much for 2 people, definitely not for three, and fuck no if it's more than that.

That said, even without knowing all that, 1700$ per month, for the quality this game shows, is likely not enough. The art alone likely costs an arm and a leg, especially with it being animated... Either way, unless the amount is something like 10k a month, you definitely can't say that someone is being handed out free money.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
You guys are wasting your time, this dude thinks game devs and artists should work for free.
and you think that giving free money to devs, is a wage:FacePalm:
devs are not employed by their patrons:rolleyes:
patreons have no influence on how/when the dev works:cautious:
no matter how much free money they give:ROFLMAO:

in fact patreon changes the way of development:
from focusing on actually completing a project(y)

to attract interested fans (cows) by promoting a demo or "early access"(n)
in order to get free money:ROFLMAO:

patreon is literally forcing any dev to become a scammer:mad:
until they are so corrupt that all they care about is getting free money:poop:
by finding more cows to milk and making up excuses for delays or drop small updates:sneaky:
to keep their cows happy. until they stop giving free milk:ROFLMAO:
then the devs usually give up and abandon whatever v0.x demo they currently at:rolleyes:
because at this point they are just patreon scammer:poop:

only the most dedicated dev can resist this corruption, (but not forever)
the more money they get for free the more likely they are to give in:cautious:

man i fucking hate patreon:mad:

Last edited:

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
who thinks Halloween is a form of welfare,
you know that's only once a year, right?
just like all the other holidays...
you don't give gifts every month. unless you're being scammed or in a welfare:sneaky:

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
The point is: devs, please aim for a full game, with realistic goals in mind. Patrons, be wary that they indeed do.
A game has a dev time, a necessary funding, and a sum of work time.

Ason, at least, already released a game (which took long, despite being short and simple) and clearly aims for a full game release. Investment includes voice acting, which ain't cheap. Work included much non-standard RPGM coding.

They have something to show for Shimmering Horizons already, but if that remains old news for much longer, yeah, it'll be concerning. At least, I'm confident they have never planned to set up a scam - as opposed to <insert project here>.

edit: still better than that dev who said 'but I have food and rent to pay for!'. Well yes, this is why most of us work 150-200 hours per mounth. Are you? :LOL:
Ason's a team of 4, 5 people? So their biggest income will be the full game's retail. They have a definite interest towards working on the game for real, like I still think they do - when they can!

Last edited:

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
He's done this in other threads
only in game threads that i care about and want to express my concern about them becoming scam:cautious:

i no longer post on these obvious scammer game threads that make over 5k a month:ROFLMAO:
the cows there are like a cult and beyond reason:rolleyes:

but there is still (little) hope here, lets wait 2-5 more months for a update....

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
lets wait 2-5 more months for a update....
I'll take 2, but no more :sneaky:

There should be a "scam" tag for these threads with 'scam' in about half of the posts. Like CM or MGI - don't look for them if you don't recognize the initials. Yet people keep bumping these threads, providing free advertisement. I won't criticize pointing the obvious, but I will criticize cows throwing money at scammers, when they could support devs still trying in earnest, instead...

Well, they're not many, and they don't have a tag either :cry:

• Wow
Reactions: TFM and decker2

DarkLabs02

Jun 10, 2018
It could be nice if he plan to add a kind of filter for the H scene which allow us to enable/disable for each of them of by fetishes or whatever...

Zeinhold

Sep 20, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here's the changelog for everyone. Unfortunately I won't be able to share this update since they changed how it downloads. I'll post what they got to see if it works, but I don't expect it to since it's basically a patreon update and not a third party link.

Last edited:
Reactions: decker2

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
Here's the changelog for everyone. Unfortunately I won't be able to share this update since they changed how it downloads. I'll post what they got to see if it works, but I don't expect it to since it's basically a patreon update and not a third party link.
403 eror...:cry:

can you give us (who don't pay for "early access") some more info on the other new stuff they add?
any new girls?
(maybe a screenshot)

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes